Choice in IEM's below $100( Budget now $200)
Nov 19, 2010 at 3:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

mabus627

100+ Head-Fier
I've read the major IEM review threads, gotten some ideas of what I could go for, but I'm stuck. I was originally just going to get the RE0's but after reading around about signature I'm unsure if I should or not. I like my 'phones in general to well balanced, as I'm sure most of you do, and I've found that in IEM's before but the filters somehow ended up coming off and the treble shot up like a rocket, giving me headaches every time I would use them (they were $40 Sony's). Now I'm looking for the same sound, with a more durable cabling. And as I've seen, these forums will generally refer the RE0's.

I guess my question on the RE0's is if the signature would work out for me or not.

But the question in general is what would be the best IEM's under $100(Budget has changed to $200)?

Nov 19, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #2 of 56
Maybe a better signature for you would be the Sunrise Xcape than the RE0. Phonak Perfect bass is a good choice also since you can vary the signature with filters.

Nov 19, 2010 at 4:47 PM Post #3 of 56
if you like bass, the RE0's aren't your best choice

Nov 20, 2010 at 1:14 AM Post #4 of 56
I'm not huge on bass, though having it doesn't bother me either, I mainly just want something that reproduces the sound as best as it can.

Nov 20, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #5 of 56

Quote:
I'm not huge on bass, though having it doesn't bother me either, I mainly just want something that reproduces the sound as best as it can.

well...that can go two ways...if you want to hear it the way the engineers heard it, then you will probably be shooting for more neutral phones, if you want to hear it the way the engineers expect the consumer to hear it, then you'll want something more "fun" (less neutral, emphasis on bass) the RE0 is known to be a neutral phone

Nov 20, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #6 of 56
I've seen a lot on how neutral the RE0's, thats why I was looking at them, but with as much as I've seen about the signature, it makes me unsure.

Nov 20, 2010 at 1:35 AM Post #7 of 56
well, what did you use previously? 

Nov 20, 2010 at 3:10 AM Post #11 of 56
I, myself, own the RE0's and I absolutely love them. Indeed the bass may be light but it's tight and accurate which is my preference. You can always experiment with different tips for a slight enhancement in bass. The sony hybrids, ultimate ears TF series tips seem to go well with them. If you like foam, I'd recommend de-cored shure olives.

Overall, I really don't think you're going to find a more accurate sounding IEM under $100 than the RE0, least in my opinion.

Nov 20, 2010 at 7:44 AM Post #12 of 56

Quote:
I, myself, own the RE0's and I absolutely love them. Indeed the bass may be light but it's tight and accurate which is my preference. You can always experiment with different tips for a slight enhancement in bass. The sony hybrids, ultimate ears TF series tips seem to go well with them. If you like foam, I'd recommend de-cored shure olives.

Overall, I really don't think you're going to find a more accurate sounding IEM under $100 than the RE0, least in my opinion.

Seconded. The bass on the re0 seems to be lacking in quantity to me but certainly not quality. I havent tried many earphones so far but at the moment the re0 are my favourite for relaxed and neutral listening specially when it comes to songs that emphasis is on vocals.

Nov 20, 2010 at 8:15 AM Post #13 of 56

Quote:
  Phonak Perfect bass is a good choice also since you can vary the signature with filters. 

I second that. I think the Phonak Perfect Bass would be a good fit for you sound wise & comfort wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back