ChiUniFi 3 - November 7th, 2009 [Official Thread]
Oct 15, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #47 of 189
Would love to have a Shure rep there. They could bring 530s and the new full size line. I have a decent relationship with them, but if someone is really tight over there nhey should sent an email. If not, I can try.

Oct 15, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #48 of 189
I can bring some of my goodies
biggrin.gif

Oct 15, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #49 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by morphsci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually I just contacted Head-Direct and Audez'e today to see if they were interested in attending or at least sending a demo of their planar headphones. I certainly hope both Ray and Todd are planning to attend.

I ordered Head-Direct's HE-5 so hopefully it will be here in time for the meet.
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #52 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered Head-Direct's HE-5 so hopefully it will be here in time for the meet.
biggrin.gif

x2. And if I get REALLY lucky, maybe the Beyer T1's will be here...but I doubt it.

Oct 17, 2009 at 12:25 PM Post #54 of 189
My HE-5's actually arrived yesterday, so i will bring them for sure.

Oct 17, 2009 at 3:47 PM Post #55 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My HE-5's actually arrived yesterday, so i will bring them for sure.

I picked mine up at the post office this morning as well. They currently are plugged into my Apache for burn in.

Oct 17, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #57 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
would love to come out and am trying to see how I can arrange this although finances being what they are it would be a stretch, how much are rooms there?

Hey Johny #######s....
You are more than welcome to come & stay at my place. It will be pleasure having you over for all the days you can stay in Chicago.
Steave...aka Audio addict, you are as well welcome to stay as long as you wish my friend.
Ray Samuels

Oct 17, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #58 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Johny #######s....
You are more than welcome to come & stay at my place. It will be pleasure having you over for all the days you can stay in Chicago.
Steave...aka Audio addict, you are as well welcome to stay as long as you wish my friend.
Ray Samuels

Ray

Thanks for the generous offer. I haven't totally decided whether to stay or head back after the meet. I need to work that out yet.

Oct 18, 2009 at 7:45 PM Post #59 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I picked mine up at the post office this morning as well. They currently are plugged into my Apache for burn in.

I moved it to my Hornet in a High Gain setting and can't believe how well the Hornet drives these headphones. At less than a 10 am setting, they are more than loud enough for my listening. I had heard they needed a lot of power but the Hornet is controlling them fairly well.

Oct 18, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #60 of 189
Well, with a new acquisition of mine I can now say for certain that I will be bringing a rig.

- Marantz CD5001 CDP/Transport
- Parasound D/AC 1100
- Headamp Gilmore Lite V1 (w/ Elpac)
- Audio Technica AD2000
- Grado HF-2 (not totally sure, I was considering selling it but I guess I can hang on to it a little bit longer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back