ChiUniFi 3 - November 7th, 2009 [Official Thread]
Oct 10, 2009 at 1:07 PM Post #31 of 189
Yeah sorry guys, I actually probably won't be bringing the huge quantity of stuff I usually do - I kinda wanted to bring a "system" this time - turntable, phono amp, headphone amp, and maybe 2 pairs of headphones. And I wanted to have people listen to it as a SYSTEM.

But if there is enough interest I can bring the C2C as well and let someone else give it a source and headphones during the meet
wink.gif

Oct 10, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #32 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by jvlgato /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They don't appreciate your nuts like we do!

They don't appreciate you're nuts, like we do!

Oh, never mind. Just come, we need you! Show off your awesome new Wave! :)

Oh, I'm comin', man! It's been on my calendar since last ChiUnifi! I'm just trying to convince Steve!

My boss would like for me to attend a seminar Thursday and Friday before the meet up in the same area. I need to see how how I can fit everything in.

The PWT and PWD are sounding very good right now and that is through my Stealth. I haven't tried them balanced into my Apache yet.

Oct 10, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #33 of 189
I will be in town helping my sister move, but I don't know what my schedule will be like. That being said, I definitely want to come, as I have never been to a meet up and would love to listen to anything you guys bring.

I don't have any gear worth mentioning, but if people really want to hear how a Sansa Clip and a Fiio E5 sound together, I can make that dream happen for them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 11, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #35 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
would love to come out and am trying to see how I can arrange this although finances being what they are it would be a stretch, how much are rooms there?

JP,

Jim and Billy should be able to get that info for you, and knowing Jim's negotiating ability he might be able to help you out. Also, maybe you can split a room with one of the guys coming up, I think maybe Jim is looking for a room as well.

Oct 11, 2009 at 2:39 PM Post #36 of 189
I'm not sure if we have a room block for Chiunifi. Billy signed the final contract but the copy I have does not have a guest room block. I will most likely get a room for Saturday night, but that is not definite right now. Friday night is reserved as we are going to see Neko Case in Champaign.
biggrin.gif

Oct 11, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #37 of 189
JP, I checked room rates online and through Hyatt its $129 currently that night, that is your standard guestroom your choice of 1 king or 2 doubles. Priceline has it at $104. You can search for the hotel under "Hyatt O'hare Rosemont" to find other avenues on getting a low price.

Oct 12, 2009 at 1:18 PM Post #38 of 189
Do any of you know how easy it would be to get from the Gold Coast area of Chicago to the hotel? I am not familiar with the city at all, but I do know that my sister's new apartment is in the Gold Coast area.

Oct 12, 2009 at 1:37 PM Post #39 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by FraGGleR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do any of you know how easy it would be to get from the Gold Coast area of Chicago to the hotel? I am not familiar with the city at all, but I do know that my sister's new apartment is in the Gold Coast area.

The hotel is within two blocks of the "L" Blue Line Rosemont Station. It should be relatively easy to get to a Blue line Station (e.g. State and Washington) from the Gold Coast area. Not knowing your sisters exact address I cannot be more specific.

Oct 12, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #40 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My boss would like for me to attend a seminar Thursday and Friday before the meet up in the same area. I need to see how how I can fit everything in.

The PWT and PWD are sounding very good right now and that is through my Stealth. I haven't tried them balanced into my Apache yet.

I have decided to take some vacation those days so I will plan on making the meet.

I contacted Michael from SoundEarphone.com since I had purchased my PS Audio Perfect Wave Dac and Transport along with several other items from him.

SoundEarphones.com Your Earphone & Headphone Source for Ultimate Ears, Shure, Sleek-Audio, Ultrasone, Sennheiser, PS Audio, Grado, Skullcandy, Monster, V-Moda

and he has generously donated a $150 gift certificate for the raffle. I will also donate 2 new Head-Fi sweatshirts (1 hooded and one not).

I will also be sure to hit the Beer Nut company store before the meet.

Oct 12, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #41 of 189
Awesome to hear, will be great to see you again!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have decided to take some vacation those days so I will plan on making the meet.

I contacted Michael from SoundEarphone.com since I had purchased my PS Audio Perfect Wave Dac and Transport along with several other items from him.

SoundEarphones.com Your Earphone & Headphone Source for Ultimate Ears, Shure, Sleek-Audio, Ultrasone, Sennheiser, PS Audio, Grado, Skullcandy, Monster, V-Moda

and he has generously donated a $150 gift certificate for the raffle. I will also donate 2 new Head-Fi sweatshirts (1 hooded and one not).

I will also be sure to hit the Beer Nut company store before the meet.

Oct 13, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #42 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by morphsci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The hotel is within two blocks of the "L" Blue Line Rosemont Station. It should be relatively easy to get to a Blue line Station (e.g. State and Washington) from the Gold Coast area. Not knowing your sisters exact address I cannot be more specific.

Thanks for that! Knowing my sister, she definitely should be close to public transportation (no car), so I should be able to make my way there. I am pretty darn excited.

Oct 15, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #45 of 189
Do we know if there will be any vendors at this year meet? Last year there was Ray Samuels Audio, Todd the Vinyl Junkie and Head-Direct. I haven't heard anyone mention any vendors this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back