Apr 12, 2019 at 4:10 AM Post #22,966 of 33,689
Here are my quick impressions on the KZ ZS7 and KZ ZSA! :wink::thumbsup:

RATING CHART Highest Rating Possible: 10

PSR = PRO SOUND RATING
SS = SOUND SIGNATURE
BQ = BUILD QUALITY
OP = OVERALL PACKAGE
OV = OVERALL VALUE

NOTE: Top position will go towards PRO SOUND RATING (PSR)

HYBRIDS DD + BA Armature(s):

KZ ZS7
Extended Bass Driver + 4 BA Drive Units per side with KZ exclusive crossover network circuitry
PSR: 9.9
SS: Superb sound quality! -deep extended sub-bass, excellent clean vocals, silky pristine hi-end details with solid and superior soundstage and resolution!
BQ: 9
OP: 7
OV: 10
COMMENTS: The ZS7 are great top sounding IEM's! The sub-bass extends really deep with excellent control, while maintaining clean vocals and hi-end details without sounding harsh or sibilant. They are a "MUST HAVE" for some serious and genuine fun!

KZ ZSA
8mm Bass Drivers + KZ's exclusive BA Armatures
PSR: 9.8
SS: Nice deep and rich bass, clear vivid highs, wide soundstage and depth with excellent resolution!
COMMENTS: With its smaller size and light weight metal housing, you better believe that they can keep up with much costlier brands! They not only sound superb, but they also punch above their weight!

I want to say a nice "shout-out" to 'Slater' for helping me get both the KZ ZSA and especially the KZ ZS7, which is not available for purchase in China! :beerchug:

Hope these impressions can help anyone interested in these two items!

-Clear :spy:

So much time i'm curious about the ZSA, precisely from last year.
The problem is i've already got ZS7, CCA C10, ZS6, and i'm waiting for QT5, AS06, TRN V80 again and ZSN Pro.. i don't know if buying a ZSA.. :frowning2:

Apr 12, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #22,967 of 33,689
So much time i'm curious about the ZSA, precisely from last year.
The problem is i've already got ZS7, CCA C10, ZS6, and i'm waiting for QT5, AS06, TRN V80 again and ZSN Pro.. i don't know if buying a ZSA.. :frowning2:
The reason I bought the ZSA was to get a glimpse or idea on how they might give the similar details to that of the KZ ZS6, which many in the KZ community spoke about.
They are truly keepers!:thumbsup:

Apr 12, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #22,968 of 33,689
ah, should've guessed you were the few who pre-ordered them, haha.

Was interested to get them instead of the Moondrop Blessing, but maybe I'll wait for more releases this year.

I bit the bullet and also got a supposedly DLC-DD IEM, the Kepudi GS300? (not even very clear on the name and only sold by a single vendor here). Initial impressions is that its eerily similar to the Sony MH755 (the mids and highs, at least, I think the bass is mellower).

the DLC iem on the far left with also a few other stuff that I got to spend more time with.
qU9hX3e.jpg
How do you buy them (GS300) if you're outside Malaysia?

Apr 12, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #22,969 of 33,689
Here are my quick impressions on the KZ ZS7 and KZ ZSA! :wink::thumbsup:

RATING CHART Highest Rating Possible: 10

PSR = PRO SOUND RATING
SS = SOUND SIGNATURE
BQ = BUILD QUALITY
OP = OVERALL PACKAGE
OV = OVERALL VALUE

NOTE: Top position will go towards PRO SOUND RATING (PSR)

HYBRIDS DD + BA Armature(s):

KZ ZS7
Extended Bass Driver + 4 BA Drive Units per side with KZ exclusive crossover network circuitry
PSR: 9.9
SS: Superb sound quality! -deep extended sub-bass, excellent clean vocals, silky pristine hi-end details with solid and superior soundstage and resolution!
COMMENTS: The ZS7 are great top sounding IEM's! The sub-bass extends really deep with excellent control, while maintaining clean vocals and hi-end details without sounding harsh or sibilant. They are a "MUST HAVE" for some serious and genuine fun!

KZ ZSA
8mm Bass Drivers + KZ's exclusive BA Armatures
PSR: 9.8
SS: Nice deep and rich bass, clear vivid highs, wide soundstage and depth with excellent resolution!
COMMENTS: With its smaller size and light weight metal housing, you better believe that they can keep up with much costlier brands! They not only sound superb, but they also punch above their weight!

I want to say a nice "shout-out" to 'Slater' for helping me get both the KZ ZSA and especially the KZ ZS7, which is not available for purchase in China! :beerchug:

Hope these impressions can help anyone interested in these two items!

-Clear :spy:

How do you compare the ZS7 to your CCA C16?

Apr 12, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #22,970 of 33,689
My take on the DB Monroe. Quite impressed with the uniquity of the DB Monroe (packaging & design). Overall, the Monroe is a mellow sounding iem that is able to provide extended bass, forward upper midrange and crisp treble. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

photo_2019-04-11_00-26-40 (2).jpgphoto_2019-04-12_21-50-32.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #22,972 of 33,689
How do you compare the ZS7 to your CCA C16?
The C16 can reveal details on most selected genres like no other can, which makes them my personal favorite. But, the ZS7 brings out the fun factor on certain songs with that extra lower bass punch with precision hi-end treble details that's hard to resist.
They are both interesting and different enough to be anyone's personal choice on what they are looking for in an IEM. :yum:

Apr 12, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #22,973 of 33,689
The C16 can reveal details on most selected genres like no other can, which makes them my personal favorite. But, the ZS7 brings out the fun factor on certain songs with that extra lower bass punch with precision hi-end treble details that's hard to resist.
They are both interesting and different enough to be anyone's personal choice on what they are looking for in an IEM. :yum:
Exactly! I couldn't have said it better myself! I like them both as well.

Apr 12, 2019 at 10:00 PM Post #22,974 of 33,689
Thanks for your comparison. I almost bought both the C16 and the ZS7at the recent Ali sale but decided to go in a different direction (Toneking Nine Tails). I am still tempted to get them...

Apr 12, 2019 at 11:16 PM Post #22,975 of 33,689
Thanks for your comparison. I almost bought both the C16 and the ZS7at the recent Ali sale but decided to go in a different direction (Toneking Nine Tails). I am still tempted to get them...
The 9T is the best of those 3 IMO. I'd say you made the right choice!

Apr 13, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #22,976 of 33,689
Try this on the C16 and the ZS7. Very different but both superb. Sounds great on the **** as well!

Apr 14, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #22,979 of 33,689
How much was the Toneking on the sale ?
The Toneking 9T was $80, but some coupon magic got it down to $70. It was actually cheaper than the CCA C16 that I also had in the cart and decided to drop in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back