1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs)

1. durwood
    Jitter/resampling is a time domain issue that doesn't really show in a FR plot. It should show up in Distortion measurements. Then there is a threshold of our human hearing that is able to detect it, but if it is below the threshold of detection who cares? (If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear did it make any noise?) I will give you an example, listening to a track ripped at 48Khz, when the original was 44.1Khz. I had some tracks like this and the cymbals just sounded off (garbled), then I ripped again at 44.1Khz and all was right with the world. Same issue with 96Khz sampling rate, 88.2Khz is a better option if original was 44.1khz because it keeps the timing correct (2x mutliplier), but no new information will be present.

Well, that is where FR is only one piece of the pie, that is the semi easy part but it is known that anything above 10khz or even 8khz is just extra info that we cannot accurately measure. There was a reason Tyll went further with impulse and square wave plots to get s sense of some other characteristics that are masked in a semi simple FR plot.

I like Otto Motor's simple comment, a FR plot will give us a Quantity measurement (or signature flavor), but it does not tell us the Quality. We have to rely on people's subjective reviews and comparisons for more information.

Having said all that, I will provide FR charts of requested MH755 mods but we might not see the changes with the FR plot, here were some mods suggested in the MH1 thread and how it affected the the sound.
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sony-mh1-r-d-story-and-discussion.634193/page-6#post-8843651

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  2. Slater
    Agreed. I understand that the differences may not show up on a graph. This is why when tuning, I trust my ears every time.

And like you said, who cares? In the grand scheme of things, the foam removal makes the MH755 sound better. I don’t need a FR chart to tell me that. The results can be heard, which is what really matters in the end.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    ShakyJake and DocHoliday like this.
  3. Podster
    As I always say we all hear them differently and with Graph readings we still all hear them differently, this hobby is so subjective and the bottom line always is what sounds good to ones own ears regardless of graphs and science every rig and iem/can I wear has some slight if not major sound difference or signature if you will.

4. IryxBRO
    Oh, sorry. I have all of them - Hidizs Seeds, Kinera Seed, Kinera Idun, Dawnwood ST08. Yes, if to choose from Kinera Seed and Dawnwood - I would go with Dawnwood - more bass, better midbass. Kinera Seed are not bad but kind of very neutral and less amusing. Better resolution, though. Idun outperform all of those in evey aspect except deep bass presence... Idun Deluxe should be even better choice.

trellus likes this.
  5. Podster
    THX for your take on all those, I love my IDUN's too and I'm not much of a bass head and for the most part don't generally have sibilance problems even with some of the notorious KZ but them again I've always at least for me found the heart of the music I prefer to live in the Mids and highs:beerchug:

6. FastAndClean
    Oxygen vs Kanas pro, that is what we want to see

IryxBRO and DBaldock9 like this.
  7. IryxBRO
    noted. I'd do the comparison if or when I would have Kanas pro on hands

FastAndClean likes this.
  8. FastAndClean
    so many good dynamic drivers recently, exciting times

Slater likes this.
  9. darmanastartes
    I went back and redid my measurements of the Tenhz T5. The 10k peak is not as rolled-off as my initial measurements made it appear.

10. Zerohour88
    wait, I assume you're the one who also posted in Crin's discord? I was meaning to ask you on how the T5 is, since bisonicr recently released his review on it and said the mids felt a bit, weird?

but I'm quite appalled at the amount of chi-fi hate in that chat, so horrible.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  11. exavolt
    Not surprising, hahaha.... That's why I hesitant to join the server.

12. Slater
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  13. Zerohour88
    well, to be fair, their definition of entry-level is usd$200, it seems. I guess its all about perspective. It just saddens me that a few users lumps all chi-fi brands into one category of "bad".

-

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    ShakyJake and Slater like this.
  14. Holypal
    Yes. Moondrop Kanas Pro, Ibasso IT01S, TFZ No.3, Vsonic VS7/VS9. You can't buy all of them.

15. darmanastartes
    Yeah, that's me.
    The thing about the T5s is that they have really thick lower mids without a rise in the upper mids, which is generally not my preference. A small EQ boost between 2-4k helps a lot.