Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jan 23, 2019 at 4:09 AM Post #21,571 of 33,689
My Iduns arrived today. :sunglasses:

Packaging is one of the nicest ive seen so far, that case ohhh...

U51M3C8.jpg

iUwm4Kw.jpg

Cant go into details about the sound yet but so far so good. :musical_score:

91gCcOd.jpg

I know right, have my Idun deluxe for a week or two now. I love the looks and all and wanted to post impressions, but it’s a lot harder to write a review than I thought as a normal earthling that listens just for fun.

Jan 23, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #21,572 of 33,689
Oh this is sliding away fast, guessing Sybi and some of the other ladies don't hang here:rolling_eyes:

THX @IryxBRO , appreciate the input:beerchug:
Did someone just..? Yoo-Hoo! :wave: :smile:

Finally, my review is up! ...I will be reviewing three(3) piezo hybrid earphones that are sought after for their price and sound! ...Which one is best for you?

* Before I express my review, there is one earphone I will name strictly by its model, but not by the manufactured brand name due to its blocked nature on this thread. I will provide no links towards this manufacture as well. If you're curious on the brand, you can either check my personal profile or PM me.

The contenders are ****, Artiste DC1, and Dacom F01

General quality of each one:

**** is an in-ear earphone with cables hanging directly down from the ears. Inner-works are a 3-way driver containing one dynamic driver, one BA armature, and one piezo driver per side. It has a nice attractive mirror-like metallic housing finish with detachable cables. The silicone ear tips are unique and specifically made by this manufacturer for its models, which you would either like them or hate them or exchange for a more suitable one, which are provided in the package.

Artiste DC1 is an in-ear earphone with cables hanging directly down from the ears. Inner-works are a 2-way driver containing one dynamic driver and piezo driver per side. It has a nice attractive fine red metal housing with non-detachable black cables. The ear tips are narrow-bore with a medium fit, or it can be changed for a large or small size, which are provided in the package.

Dacom F01 is an in-ear earphone with cables hanging directly down from the ears. Inner-works are a 2-way driver containing one dynamic driver and piezo driver per side. It has an all plastic housing with a rubber inner-ear guide for comfort and hold with non-detachable black cables. The ear tips are wide-bore with a medium fit, or it can be changed for a large or small size, which are provided in the package.

**** -vs- DC1 -vs- F01
BASS:
Both **** and DC1 has good bass bunch, but even though the bass punch has more quantity on the DC1, the **** has better quality sub-bass that's sure to please! The bass for the F01 sounds more similar to the ****, but less refined and rich. For the ****, mid-bass all the way up towards the very fine treble plays on the neutral side making them more of a neutral and natural sounding earphone out of all three, which will please many people seeking this type of sound signature. Others may prefer DC1, or F01 for a more balanced signature.

MIDS:
Straight up front, the MID's on the **** are sensational when compared to the DC1 or the F01. They have such soothing transparency, which is very hard to overlook! The MID's are very well orchestrated and balanced with the highs giving them such a natural life-like sound signature that you'll wonder how are these tuned so professionally for such a low price! The DC1 and the F01 are good, but no where near this height of endearment. Sadly, the F01 can sound harsh at times.

HIGHS:
Again, the **** never stops impressing me showing the power and performance their piezo's can dish out! All three earphones do show the performance of their piezo's, but no where near the clarity and coherency that the **** can provide! They're just in another level providing details to micro-details without ever sounding harsh or sibilant. For what it's worth, DC1 and F01 provide decent treble, but the DC1 just does it finer and better, while the F01 sounds slightly sibilant.

SOUNDSTAGE:
Soundstage and imaging is slightly better than average on both DC1 and F01, but the **** has better depth and width giving them a more enjoyable listening experience. The soundstage is so transparent on the **** that the DC1 and F01 just downright sounds slightly dull and boring after a long session comparing all three.

CONCLUSION:
All three are excellent choices, but "flat-out" the **** are just in another level!

Enjoy some PIC's...

-Clear
Great comparative review, Clear!

Moreover your description of what you deem the best (which I kind of expect) among the three in-ears coincides with its review over there at audiobudget. Two very highly favorable recommendations with yours providing the closing—and deciding—argument.

That's it. You've sold me this one. Thanks + Three Thumbs Up!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :kissing_heart:

Jan 23, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #21,573 of 33,689

Moreover your description of what you deem the best (which I kind of expect) among the three in-ears coincides with its review over there at audiobudget. Two very highly favorable recommendations with yours providing the closing—and deciding—argument.

I'd like to hear your impressions when you get them. Perhaps I need to put on a better cable and different tips and give them a spin

Jan 23, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #21,574 of 33,689
My girlfriend says that the Kanas Pro fits her perfectly, like it was shaped for her ear so again, ymmv.

Lucky! That's the same for my girlfriend, and she has been wearing it entire days in her office since I lent it to her. I think my issue is that I keep trying to jam it in deeper and I don't have the right tips for it yet.

note : your GF hints "give me your Kanas Pro, and you just stick with C10 dear, dont you get it?"

Lol! ...Comfort is the key for longer sessions of listening enjoyment. You keep those, and I'll keep these! That's what she said...:shrug:
Oooh...yes. Those are very broad hints (no pun intended, mind). @drey101 your girlfriend really wants you to either: let her keep the Moondrop (sounds romantic); or, gift her with a new one. Trust me. I know these things. :information_desk_person: :wink: :smile_phones:

I'd like to hear your impressions when you get them. Perhaps I need to put on a better cable and different tips and give them a spin
Done. But you may have to wait a while since It entails a bit of effort. You see I have this year-end resolution (that I made permanent) that I won't be buying IEMs anymore; instead I shall endeavor to do my best to make my husband realize (he has a choice, see?) that he should buy them for me. To be fair, I'm granting him an arbitrary limit of $30. It's been very successful so far. :ksc75smile:

Jan 23, 2019 at 5:46 AM Post #21,575 of 33,689
Oooh...yes. Those are very broad hints (no pun intended, mind). @drey101 your girlfriend really wants you to either: let her keep the Moondrop (sounds romantic); or, gift her with a new one. Trust me. I know these things. :information_desk_person: :wink: :smile_phones:
Haha, actually I've been telling her to just keep it because she really likes how it sounds and fits, and her enjoyment of it makes me happy as well. If it will get her into the hobby as well, then that's a win in my books. I have other iems to play around with. :)
Haha, well she won't accept it as a gift, so it's currently just lent out indefinitely. I bought the Moondrop Crescent (polished version) because it was cheaper than the **** V2, was available in shopee, and I became kind of a fan. Since Moondrop seems to be making the Harman Target be their house sound, so I'm hoping the sound signature is close enough. Erm, due to a very minor short sale for the F300 in shopee, I also got one of those. It'll be interesting to see if we will be able to define the differences between the three whose FR graphs seem to be the Harman Target. I think I'll do some research on how to set up one of those portable FR graph rigs, and see how much I need to shell out.

Jan 23, 2019 at 5:58 AM Post #21,576 of 33,689
I know right, have my Idun deluxe for a week or two now. I love the looks and all and wanted to post impressions, but it’s a lot harder to write a review than I thought as a normal earthling that listens just for fun.

I can write my impressions here after ive spend some time with them. I let them on "burn-in" just for lulz, more listening in the evening.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019 at 8:04 AM Post #21,577 of 33,689
@assassin10000 @CoiL ...
The Kanas also has better bass presence, has the vocals more forward. Both don't have treble peaks, and there is extremely minor sibilance on both, but the C10 has better highs imo. The Kanas Pro is very very slightly sibilant on the letter S for only the most sibilant of songs, while the C10 shows similar performance but for the 'SH' sound. They both have a wide soundstage, and the vocals in general sound quite natural.

What did you use for a source? I consider myself sensitive to treble but have not yet found any sibilance with the KPE. Listened to them mainly through the Chord Mojo and a little through the HiBy R3, which I considered a bit brittle /digital in the treble but sounds just fine with the KPE. Oh, and what tips are you using? I found the spiral dots to be very good...

Jan 23, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #21,578 of 33,689

Been a very long time since I drank a chocolate Yoo-Hoo:wink:

Jan 23, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #21,579 of 33,689
What did you use for a source? I consider myself sensitive to treble but have not yet found any sibilance with the KPE. Listened to them mainly through the Chord Mojo and a little through the HiBy R3, which I considered a bit brittle /digital in the treble but sounds just fine with the KPE. Oh, and what tips are you using? I found the spiral dots to be very good...
There was an extremely sibilant song recommended on the Moondrop thread I think? I said the same, that I never encountered sibilance. Only some songs had sibilance hence the comment only the most sibilant of songs xD I'lI try to look for it again.

Source is just Hidizs Sonata HD. Still waiting for M6 to arrive

edit:
Lucky - Radiohead - good for sibilance
Grace - Jeff Buckley - this is good for judging treble peak - 4:50 to 5:05
Paul Simon's Graceland
Sk8r Boi - Avril Lavigne

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #21,580 of 33,689
Both models are fairly balanced but I would still prefer Hidizs Seeds as it doesn't have harsh peaks on female vocals as for me and better treble extension. Totally subjective though. But my Seeds are balanced version, this is also an advantage.

My apologies as I'm unfamiliar with the Hidizs Seeds? I was referring to the Kinera Seeds as I have those and the IDUN's:beerchug:

Jan 23, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #21,581 of 33,689
Of course I saw those pics. KP is SMALL (littlebit larger than IT01 and smaller than C10/ZSN) and long nozzle is generally plus for my ears as I usually don`t get good fit with short nozzle IEMs, even when I use long nozzle tips on them, it`s not quite there because of more prone nozzle tube "contraction". I rather prefer long nozzle with "leveled" tip edge relative to nozzle edge, gets me good fit almost every time and keeps "sound channel" free as possible.
On that pic nozzle seems to reach pretty much same length as C10 (thus also ZSN, which my wife has).
So, why do You think of it as "bad size/length" is little weird to me. KP just needs little tip-rolling to get best fit & sound (like all IEMs do imho).
True!...as I myself do perform tip-rolling once in a while when the IEM's I receive by mail might have fit issues as well. :wink::thumbsup:
We're all in the same boat...hope it works for you! :beerchug:

Jan 23, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #21,582 of 33,689
True!...as I myself do perform tip-rolling once in a while when the IEM's I receive by mail might have fit issues as well. :wink::thumbsup:
We're all in the same boat...hope it works for you! :beerchug:

:astonished: Every once in a while! I bet in 50 iem's I've maybe gotten 2 that had the right size and good sealing tips on them (My ASG Rockets come to mine first):wink:

Jan 23, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #21,585 of 33,689

Just remember to tip-roll, since I mentioned that the **** default ear tips might not be for everyone. They have other choice ear tips you can choose from inside the package.:ok_hand:

Cheers! :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back