Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jan 24, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #21,616 of 33,689
He is NOT setting his personal preference aside! He said clearly he prefers EX1000 and DM6 because more sparkle in highs, which he likes.
He is talking about objective recommendation to EVERYONE, which also includes other ppl opinions about DM6 and EX1000 "too bright" or "spikey" treble, which he includes into overall assesment of those IEMs.
I totally understand about his viewpoint because he is somewhat "responsible" for what he recommends as his channel is very popular and informative (now gets more informative due to included FR measurements).
I also would recommend something "safer" in highs for masses of ppl if I would do something like he is doing.
Letting other people know what you prefer, and coming to the conclusion that many won't agree with you, and thus stopping recommending something (that you like, but others may not), I think it means that he is putting his personal preference aside. By that I don't mean that he hides it. I mean he is not reccomending something based on that. And I totally agree with that. But why now? Why after 4 months. As you said, he feels somewhat responsible for all those who bought this set based on his recommendetion. Didn't he think that many wouldn't like them, before he started recommending them?

Jan 24, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #21,618 of 33,689
Letting other people know what you prefer, and coming to the conclusion that many won't agree with you, and thus stopping recommending something (that you like, but others may not), I think it means that he is putting his personal preference aside. By that I don't mean that he hides it. I mean he is not reccomending something based on that. And I totally agree with that. But why now? Why after 4 months. As you said, he feels somewhat responsible for all those who bought this set based on his recommendetion. Didn't he think that many wouldn't like them, before he started recommending them?
Sometimes ppl need to spend more time with something when things get really competitive. I guess he had enough time and decided to update his opinion, which imo is totally OK.
I think some of us have different understanding and read different thing out of "putting aside". I meant it as good thing leading to objective recommendation for everyone.
Others may read it as "disappointment", "changing his mind, and "letting ppl down" by not having "the best chi-fi" now after update.
I think he has explained enough about his personal preferences with DM6 & EX1000 before to one "follow&trust" his opinion (or not).

Jan 24, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #21,619 of 33,689
Sometimes ppl need to spend more time with something when things get really competitive. I guess he had enough time and decided to update his opinion, which imo is totally OK.
I think some of us have different understanding and read different thing out of "putting aside". I meant it as good thing leading to objective recommendation for everyone.
Others may read it as "disappointment", "changing his mind, and "letting ppl down" by not having "the best chi-fi" now after update.
I think he has explained enough about his personal preferences with DM6 & EX1000 before to one "follow&trust" his opinion (or not).

I'm looking forward to his thoughts about the Kanas Pro in 4-6 months then ha ha...

Jan 24, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #21,620 of 33,689
Anyone have Tfz no. 3?
From a short listen, the sound takes on a light presentation and it boasts good clarity. There is a clean & engaging vocals performance. Cheers! :)

Jan 24, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #21,621 of 33,689
I think there is a disparity with expectations with his top list with regards to viewers. He always prefaces his top choices as the best for him, and always says that all reviewers suck, including him.

What happened with the DM6 is that people focused too much on the idea that it is the best chifi, and complete ly forgot that he mentions repeatedly that it is the best chifi for him with his personal taste, which can be seen with the ex1000.

This chabge in style of recommendation shows that he has realized that people might use his top recommendations as items that are top regardless of taste, without taking into account that it is a list that is ranked according to his taste. The new ranking then shows that he is trying to not let his personal bias come into play for recommending sets to people, as people in their excitement to want the best, might forget that it's his own subjective top list.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #21,622 of 33,689
I think there is a disparity with expectations with his top list with regards to viewers. He always prefaces his top choices as the best for him, and always says that all reviewers suck, including him.

What happened with the DM6 is that people focused too much on the idea that it is the best chifi, and complete ly forgot that he mentions repeatedly that it is the best chifi for him with his personal taste, which can be seen with the ex1000.

This chabge in style of recommendation shows that he has realized that people might use his top recommendations as items that are top regardless of taste, without taking into account that it is a list that is ranked according to his taste. The new ranking then shows that he is trying to not let his personal bias come into play for recommending sets to people, as people in their excitement to want the best, might forget that it's his own subjective top list.
Could not said it better. I think this is the case here. Now lets stop this discussion and move on.

Jan 24, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #21,623 of 33,689
I see... I am totally positive with making clear where personal preferences end, and where objectivity starts. All I am saying is that this video should be done way earlier, before the hype train went off the rails, just to clear things up
As I said, agree with that. And I really appreciate that he is not afraid of saying that his opinion has changed. My problem is that this is not about opinion changing. He didn't say that he don't like them anymore, or that he found something better, but that he found something that might suit more people. He said that DM6 are not for everyone, which should be done way earlier in my opinion.
Indeed, his preferences are well understood. But the DM6s weren't recommended as something of personal preference in the first place. In my opinion, again, he didn't stress it enough.

Of course it's just my opinion.
That's all I had to say.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #21,624 of 33,689
hey guys, fellow sony mh755 user here

I bought them following a link posted here a few days ago, this one : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Orig...var=502184198167&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

(let me know if I need to delete it!)

Anyway, I received them today and I am truly impressed by the sound (source Ve odyssey, spotify) ! Still very early to conclude anything, but so far so good :)
I wanted to ask you something though. To anyone who bought from the same guy on ebay (link posted earlier), do you think they are genuine?
Also, I kinda have the impression of hearing slightly less form the right side, anyone having the same impression? Could it be a quality issue? I really like what I hear, and I am quite tempted of buying another pair...

thanks
Tom

Jan 24, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #21,626 of 33,689
What would be the direct upgrade of Tenhz P4 Pro by keeping the same sound signature with more finesse?

Jan 24, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #21,627 of 33,689
hey guys, fellow sony mh755 user here

I bought them following a link posted here a few days ago, this one : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Original-Sony-MH755-Stereo-In-ear-Earbud-Headphone-For-SBH20-SBH50-SBH52-5-2/202218346275?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=502184198167&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

(let me know if I need to delete it!)

Anyway, I received them today and I am truly impressed by the sound (source Ve odyssey, spotify) ! Still very early to conclude anything, but so far so good :)
I wanted to ask you something though. To anyone who bought from the same guy on ebay (link posted earlier), do you think they are genuine?
Also, I kinda have the impression of hearing slightly less form the right side, anyone having the same impression? Could it be a quality issue? I really like what I hear, and I am quite tempted of buying another pair...

thanks
Tom

Bought them from the same guy and they are way better than I expected them to be. There's no channel imbalance in my pair, at least nothing that's audible to me.

I've tasked my daughter with finding the genuine pair she's lost so I can compare, but I don't care if they are as they sound fantastic either way!

Now to work out what to do about the cable...

Cheers for the link @mbwilson111

Jan 24, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #21,628 of 33,689
**** anyone? ...Neutral and natural can be so sweet! :yum:

8391a11670e35e40ac89f6de1fb9ba344d67fc09bb07d04ff281bb5f8f1bf606.jpg

Attachments

• weird-ways-to-save-money.jpg
    weird-ways-to-save-money.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 0
Jan 24, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #21,629 of 33,689
Bought them from the same guy and they are way better than I expected them to be. There's no channel imbalance in my pair, at least nothing that's audible to me.

I've tasked my daughter with finding the genuine pair she's lost so I can compare, but I don't care if they are as they sound fantastic either way!

Now to work out what to do about the cable...

Cheers for the link @mbwilson111
I got a pair, listened to them for 5 minutes and concluded that they were worthy of a recable. I just used a VE cable that I chopped the ends off of. Sounds nice.55D4ED39-2C83-47AF-A9C8-762B66EC35EB.jpeg

Jan 24, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #21,630 of 33,689
I got a pair, listened to them for 5 minutes and concluded that they were worthy of a recable. I just used a VE cable that I chopped the ends off of. Sounds nice.

Nice job.

What did you use to get the shell apart so cleanly? You can’t even tell...

My shells were really tightly together, or perhaps the plastic is just really soft. Because I have marks on mine.

Also, to those considering the MH755 or MH750, for what it’s worth I’ll just say I have seen (what I believe are) WAY more fake MH750 vs MH755.

I even found a seller selling the 750 for $1 each, which is too good to be true. I flat or asked them and they admitted they were not original (which is very rare to admit in Chinese culture).

I think perhaps it’s because the MH750 is more usable to the general population since it has a normal cable. The MH755 is kind of a niche thing because it has the short cable. That doesn’t mean fake MH755 aren’t out there, I just think there’s less of them compared to the MH750.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back