Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 19, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #18,961 of 33,689
How do hoy guys manage to use white foams mine start looking dirty quickly.

BQEYZ KB100 review on my site & Head-Fi.
I feel this is the best under 50 USD IEM I have tried so far. YMMV. Enjoy reading! :)

photo_2018-10-16_21-40-14.jpg

The king is dead. Long live the king.

Oct 19, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #18,962 of 33,689
I wonder why the BL1 has vents. Minor modifications going to be ok? Watch it become iem version of fostex T50rp lol

Oct 19, 2018 at 10:36 PM Post #18,963 of 33,689
I wonder why the BL1 has vents. Minor modifications going to be ok? Watch it become iem version of fostex T50rp lol
Most planar headphone/IEM I've seen have air vents. My HE400i and M1060 are open back. I was surprise when CL2 doesn't have air vent.

Oct 19, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #18,964 of 33,689
Seller agreed to cover PayPal commission charges. Today he initiated the transfer of the amount I paid for my order. But PayPal took a cut of about 8.5 usd. I've messaged him again to transfer this amount as well. Lets see if follows through.

Anyway, between all the currency conversion charges (by credit card company while placing the order and Paypal while remitting the amount to my account), I'll end up with net loss of 16 USD. The seller made a fool of everyone. He is now going to garner more orders because people usually place buy from a store that has more orders.
that's why i suggested to refuse paypal refund. seller says will cover commission, but they never do (they'd had to calculate paypal cut and add that amount to the initial transfer). hope he compensates you for the loss.
aliexpress provides payment in many currencies (although sellers manage USD), and does not get any (or minimal) currency conversion cut. so choose to pay using your currency.
when you need to convert between currencies, avoid using paypal (3-4%) or credit card (~5%) currency conversion, if possible. there are various sites which allow you to transfer cash with <1% (even <0.5%) total commission (currency conversion included), and some of them also allow you to have various accounts in different currencies (and minimum currency conversion fees between them), even to have an associated credit card.

Oct 20, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #18,965 of 33,689
Anyway, I'm ordering the toneking BL1. Can't wait to compare it to my isine20.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 20, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #18,966 of 33,689
So much bs being spewed on the thread overnight.

Ali has announced pre orders . I don't understand the purpose of it. The prices will remain the same till 11.11. Nicehck store has revealed its sale prices. Hopefully other big stores will announce prices soon.

that's why i suggested to refuse paypal refund. seller says will cover commission, but they never do (they'd had to calculate paypal cut and add that amount to the initial transfer). hope he compensates you for the loss.
aliexpress provides payment in many currencies (although sellers manage USD), and does not get any (or minimal) currency conversion cut. so choose to pay using your currency.
when you need to convert between currencies, avoid using paypal (3-4%) or credit card (~5%) currency conversion, if possible. there are various sites which allow you to transfer cash with <1% (even <0.5%) total commission (currency conversion included), and some of them also allow you to have various accounts in different currencies (and minimum currency conversion fees between them), even to have an associated credit card.

Can you recommend one of those sites? Seller has agreed to cover paypal comission as well. The only loss I incurred was currency conversion charges.

Anyway , DM6 is also up for pre order at his store for 153 USD (~145 after coupons) After being bitten once, I am tentative to place another. The price is very tempting though. Hopefully other stores will have similar discounts on DM6 during the sale.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2018 at 8:26 AM Post #18,967 of 33,689
Supposed to be based on what I was told but I now have some doubt creeping in based on some other things that were said. I have the KB100 on the way so will know soon enough.

Seems I was mistaken or misinformed.

Received this from Elle Zhou (BQEYZ) This morning.

" I saw that you discuss KB1 and KB100. They are totally different, such as earphone shells, soundtage."

I would trust her to know as she is involved with building both. Hopefully I'll have both in hand shortly to do a full compare.

Oct 20, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #18,968 of 33,689
Seems I was mistaken or misinformed.

Received this from Elle Zhou (BQEYZ) This morning.

" I saw that you discuss KB1 and KB100. They are totally different, such as earphone shells, soundtage."

I would trust her to know as she is involved with building both. Hopefully I'll have both in hand shortly to do a full compare.
Yea know you are confused yesterday. Now things are cleared up! :)

Oct 20, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #18,969 of 33,689
Yea know you are confused yesterday. Now things are cleared up! :)

I know it is unlike some reviewers (cough) to admit when they are wrong, but I can man up. No worries.

Oct 20, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #18,970 of 33,689
So much bs being spewed on the thread overnight.

Ali has announced pre orders . I don't understand the purpose of it. The prices will remain the same till 11.11. Nicehck store has revealed its sale prices. Hopefully other big stores will announce prices soon.

Can you recommend one of those sites? Seller has agreed to cover paypal comission as well. The only loss I incurred was currency conversion charges.

Anyway , DM6 is also up for pre order at his store for 153 USD (~145 after coupons) After being bitten once, I am tentative to place another. The price is very tempting though. Hopefully other stores will have similar discounts on DM6 during the sale.
i've just opened the dispute to get ali refund, and and pre ordered in the same site. hope this time they'll fulfill the order..

Oct 20, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #18,971 of 33,689
Hey ho guys, recently got myself a pair TRN V80s (my entry unit to Chi-Fi yay) and yeah I'm liking them so far TBH.

I've got an interesting question though. While the BT3 (and BT10) do exist to "bluetooth-fly" the V80s (and to a certain extent, every other compatible 0.75mm 2-pin IEMs like most of the KZs), does anybody know if anyone makes short 2-pin cables if I wanna use them with... say... the Fiio BTR3 (coz you know, AptX HD/LDAC and all that shizz).

Sure I can just tie up the cord to shorten it but hmmmm, imma thinking a short 2-pin 30cm cable would be pretty nice to have for BTR3 use (and maybe even a 70cm extension for when you wanna use it "wired").

Of course, more connections along the signal chain would mean more points of interference (and points of connection failure), but eyyy, it feels a whole lot neater than just tying up cables to me.

So, anyone knows where to get these short cables made... well... without costing a bomb?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back