Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 20, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #18,976 of 33,689
Hey ho guys, recently got myself a pair TRN V80s (my entry unit to Chi-Fi yay) and yeah I'm liking them so far TBH.

I've got an interesting question though. While the BT3 (and BT10) do exist to "bluetooth-fly" the V80s (and to a certain extent, every other compatible 0.75mm 2-pin IEMs like most of the KZs), does anybody know if anyone makes short 2-pin cables if I wanna use them with... say... the Fiio BTR3 (coz you know, AptX HD/LDAC and all that shizz).

Sure I can just tie up the cord to shorten it but hmmmm, imma thinking a short 2-pin 30cm cable would be pretty nice to have for BTR3 use (and maybe even a 70cm extension for when you wanna use it "wired").

Of course, more connections along the signal chain would mean more points of interference (and points of connection failure), but eyyy, it feels a whole lot neater than just tying up cables to me.

So, anyone knows where to get these short cables made... well... without costing a bomb?

So 30cm = about 12".

Would you just have it hang straight down and flop around?

Or would you clip the BTR to the collar of a shirt? Or put in a shirt pocket? Or what?

Oct 20, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #18,977 of 33,689
I believe this preorder thing is a test to check prices, while some have good prices I have failed to see yet something that would make me say yes, it is the biggest sale this year.

Preorder says it saves an extra 5%. How that will work and if it is even true I don't know.

Oct 20, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #18,978 of 33,689
Opera Factory OM1.
i am testing it 2 weeks. good sound quality but not brilliant. Build quality is very good. But beware of the cable quality.
it tangles every time. Thus it take time to untangle it.
I bought an upgrade cable: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ope...492.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.5fbc4c4dQQz2Nn
Hope that it will solve the problems.
If you want to use it on the street, so it can be frustrating. Especially when you dont have the time to untangle the cable.
My question regarding the trn v80:
any cable recommendations?

sorry for my english. iam german native speaker.

Oct 20, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #18,980 of 33,689
So 30cm = about 12".

Would you just have it hang straight down and flop around?

Or would you clip the BTR to the collar of a shirt? Or put in a shirt pocket? Or what?

Hmm that's an interesting point right there: Placement. Ideally I'd clip the BTR somewhere near the upper buttons of a collared T-Shirt, but I'd reckon a shirt pocket would work too.

But now that you brought that up, 12' seems a bit too long now. Maybe half that? Still not sure where I can find those though... without going all silver and copper customs anyway - and even with those mostly I only find options for "increasing" lengths rather than decreasing them.

As for "normal length" aftermarket cables for the V80, I'm actually quite satisfied with the inbox. Any 0.75mm 2-pin cables should fit though, with a preference to those with angled connectors (straights might still work with a bit of a sacrifice fit-wise however).

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #18,981 of 33,689
Anyone here with both qdc 3sh and FLC 8s? How do they compare?
Thanks!
Based off memory, FLC8s (Red-Grey-Gold) has a more dynamic presentation than the QDC 3SH and soundstage is bigger. QDC 3SH has an intimate vocals performance and sounds thicker. Hope that helps!

should i get it01 or the bgvp dmg?

I can find both at the same price at $100.
It depends on what you are looking out for. I just tested for you. The DMG comes with more filters and provides a versatile option. The iBasso IT01 sounds more fun with a fuller expression and there is better rumble. DMG takes on a leaner presentation and it is rendered in a cleaner manner. Treble on DMG has better crisp.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #18,982 of 33,689
Wait, does the BTR3 and/or the Radsone ES100 already support using mics on normal length headphone cables overriding the built in one? If that's the case then having a short cable (to be able to clip them higher up to effectively use their mics) becomes less of an priority (as long as your IEM in question comes with mic-ed cable varients).

My Google-fu has generally failed me on this TBH, sorry if its common knowledge.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #18,983 of 33,689
Seller agreed to cover PayPal commission charges. Today he initiated the transfer of the amount I paid for my order. But PayPal took a cut of about 8.5 usd. I've messaged him again to transfer this amount as well. Lets see if follows through.

Anyway, between all the currency conversion charges (by credit card company while placing the order and Paypal while remitting the amount to my account), I'll end up with net loss of 16 USD. The seller made a fool of everyone. He is now going to garner more orders because people usually place buy from a store that has more orders.

Can you recommend one of those sites? Seller has agreed to cover paypal comission as well. The only loss I incurred was currency conversion charges.

Anyway , DM6 is also up for pre order at his store for 153 USD (~145 after coupons) After being bitten once, I am tentative to place another. The price is very tempting though. Hopefully other stores will have similar discounts on DM6 during the sale.

i've just opened the dispute to get ali refund, and and pre ordered in the same site. hope this time they'll fulfill the order..

"Lol" at all this. So basically, this is what happens:

1) The seller places the item on sale for ~150 euros.
2) We all go for it.
3) "The goods are damaged, it will take 10 days to ship" bull.
4) Number of sells go up aka I'm legit.
5) Already places the item on preorder for 11.11 at ~130 euros. And he'll probably go back full circle on this process.

@hakuzen via dispute how much to you actuallly get (and how much do you lose)? It will be a total pain in the ass and I still want the IEM, but giving money to these guys simply sickens me.

Oct 20, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #18,984 of 33,689
It depends on what you are looking out for. I just tested for you. The DMG comes with more filters and provides a versatile option. The iBasso IT01 sounds more fun with a fuller expression and there is better rumble. DMG takes on a leaner presentation and it is rendered in a cleaner manner. Treble on DMG has better crisp.
First of all, thanks.

1) When you say rumble, did you meant the bass? Don't really understand when you say leaner presentation.

2) May I also know about the soundstage?

3) Also, can you give some opinion on the accessories that comes with it? mainly the cable? I kinda like the metal box that the ibasso comes with and the cable alone is said to be worth 100 bucks,i wonder how true is that?

4)Any comments on how both of them sounded when drive by phone/laptop?

5) lastly, if you were to choose one, which would you choose?

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #18,985 of 33,689

2) We all go for it.
3) "The goods are damaged, it will take 10 days to ship" bull****.
5) Already places the item on preorder for 11.11 at ~130 euros. And he'll probably go back full circle on this process.

@hakuzen via dispute how much to you actuallly get (and how much do you lose)? It will be a total pain in the ass and I still want the IEM, but giving money to these guys simply sickens me.

You'll get a full refund. I made the mistake agreeing to paypal refund. Just open a dispute a with Ali. Since the seller hasn't yet shipped the item within a week of the order being placed.

Oct 20, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #18,986 of 33,689

2) We all go for it.

I am not really sure this method would make the seller any money.

1. We buy an IEM for $150.
2. The seller does the "goods are damaged" trick.
3. The buyer complains and the seller sends a PayPal refund for $150
4. The buyer receives $135 from PayPal.

Well, it is because of PayPal and currency conversion fees that the buyer receives less money. It is PAYPAL who made the $15, not the seller. The seller is net zero, the buyer is out $15, and PayPal is $15 richer.

The only way to prevent this is to go through the Ali dispute process. I have been burned on the PayPal thing myself. Never again - I will only do the Ali dispute from now on.

I've also been screwed by the seller promising a refund (or a reship), but only if I cancel the dispute. Then as soon as I cancel the dispute, the seller plays games and goes back on their word. So never again on cancelling the dispute too. I will only do the Ali dispute from now on, and will not cancel that dispute until it is resolved.

The Ali dispute process is the only way we can keep these sellers honest. When we bypass the dispute process (doing refunds outside of the process, cancelling the dispute, etc), we are only undermining the process and allowing sellers to get away with shenanigans and questionable business practices.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #18,987 of 33,689
First of all, thanks.

1) When you say rumble, did you meant the bass? Don't really understand when you say leaner presentation.

2) May I also know about the soundstage?

3) Also, can you give some opinion on the accessories that comes with it? mainly the cable? I kinda like the metal box that the ibasso comes with and the cable alone is said to be worth 100 bucks,i wonder how true is that?

4)Any comments on how both of them sounded when drive by phone/laptop?

5) lastly, if you were to choose one, which would you choose?
1) Yes. The DMG has less body.
2) Soundstage of IT01 is wider. Depth on DMG is slightly better.
3) I feel the accessories on IT01 are better with a case especially.
4) The DMG is harder to drive.
5) iBasso IT01.

Oct 20, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #18,988 of 33,689
You'll get a full refund. I made the mistake agreeing to paypal refund. Just open a dispute a with Ali. Since the seller hasn't yet shipped the item within a week of the order being placed.
Same store, slightly different story, they provide tracking number, but destination is another country altogether.
When challenged on that, they say:

Dear friend,
Sorry that your parcel maybe has been lost on the way. and we just got the information that it is not available now, so would you mind waiting about 10-14 days for the resend one?once we get the new batch, we will send out as soon as we can . or we will give you a refund.
Regards.

Will open dispute, but I simply see no point on these bs games tbh

Oct 20, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #18,989 of 33,689
Same store, slightly different story, they provide tracking number, but destination is another country altogether.
When challenged on that, they say:

Dear friend,
Sorry that your parcel maybe has been lost on the way. and we just got the information that it is not available now, so would you mind waiting about 10-14 days for the resend one?once we get the new batch, we will send out as soon as we can . or we will give you a refund.
Regards.

Will open dispute, but I simply see no point on these bs games tbh

This is exactly what happened with me. I think the seller was hoping that he would have the IEMs in stock before the processing time elapses. Unfortunately for us and for him, he wasn't able to procure them. What upsets me is the opacity in his communication. If he had simply asked us to wait for a week or two and extend the processing time, a lot of would have agreed to it.

Oct 20, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #18,990 of 33,689

2) We all go for it.

lolol..
i think they thought that their distributor of bgvp would ship the dm6 to them quickly. and this failed. not very different than most shops (they accept orders, and then ask the distributors for stock). take in count that the sellers in ali don't get the cash till you confirm the package reception. the only thing they could win after a refund, is the difference ratio €/USD, if you bought using € (maybe 1-2% in the worst scenario? not that much); and number of orders increased, like you say, which is important (but many customers give a bad feedback when the item is not shipped, as a counterpart).
anyway, when they have stock they ship the items very fast (got a balanced cable and audbos p4 from them). so, if you are not in a hurry, it's a good deal.

first time i paid 177.75€ for dm6 (173.47€) and a bgvp balanced cable (33.05€, same or similar to stock one, but balanced; very well built, but a solder of left ground might be a bit off, +100mOhm respect the others), taking advantage of seller discount, seller coupon, and select coupons while they were available (28.77€ off, total).
got the cable, and now opened dispute for the dm6. no loss in ali refunds. i'll get 149.31€ (which is exactly what i really paid for it, proportionally). but it will take about 10-15 days, aprox.

now, pre-ordered dm6 for 136.89 USD (153.89 - 17 USD off by coupons, you only can use USD for these pre-orders). + 0.3% currency conversion + 0.2% immediate credit card top up fees. total, in euros, about 122€ at today's USD/€ ratio (27€ cheaper than the old order). but will depend of the ratio when making the big payment, on november 10-12th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back