Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 20, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #18,991 of 33,689
lolol..
i think they thought that their distributor of bgvp would ship the dm6 to them quickly. and this failed. not very different than most shops (they accept orders, and then ask the distributors for stock). take in count that the sellers in ali don't get the cash till you confirm the package reception. the only thing they could win after a refund, is the difference ratio €/USD, if you bought using € (maybe 1-2% in the worst scenario? not that much); and number of orders increased, like you say, which is important (but many customers give a bad feedback when the item is not shipped, as a counterpart).
anyway, when they have stock they ship the items very fast (got a balanced cable and audbos p4 from them). so, if you are not in a hurry, it's a good deal.

first time i paid 177.75€ for dm6 (173.47€) and a bgvp balanced cable (33.05€, same or similar to stock one, but balanced; very well built, but a solder of left ground might be a bit off, +100mOhm respect the others), taking advantage of seller discount, seller coupon, and select coupons while they were available (28.77€ off, total).
got the cable, and now opened dispute for the dm6. no loss in ali refunds. i'll get 149.31€ (which is exactly what i really paid for it, proportionally). but it will take about 10-15 days, aprox.

now, pre-ordered dm6 for 136.89 USD (153.89 - 17 USD off by coupons, you only can use USD for these pre-orders). + 0.3% currency conversion + 0.2% immediate credit card top up fees. total, in euros, about 122€ at today's USD/€ ratio (27€ cheaper than the old order). but will depend of the ratio when making the big payment, on november 10-12th.

So what makes any of us think this won’t cotinue to happen during this 11.11 “pre order”? My bet is the intent of the pre order is for sellers to take orders (without inventory), with the hope that the sellers can somehow get inventory in their hands in time by November 11th (when buyers expect the sellers to start shipping their orders).

Oct 20, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #18,992 of 33,689
Wait, does the BTR3 and/or the Radsone ES100 already support using mics on normal length headphone cables overriding the built in one? If that's the case then having a short cable (to be able to clip them higher up to effectively use their mics) becomes less of an priority (as long as your IEM in question comes with mic-ed cable varients).

My Google-fu has generally failed me on this TBH, sorry if its common knowledge.

Radsone have its own built-in mic and does not support mic on the cable so a shorter cable is a good idea. I've got a couple of 40 cm ones that I use with mine.

Oct 20, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #18,993 of 33,689
I am not really sure this method would make the seller any money.

1. We buy an IEM for $150.
2. The seller does the "goods are damaged" trick.
3. The buyer complains and the seller sends a PayPal refund for $150
4. The buyer receives $135 from PayPal.

Well, it is because of PayPal and currency conversion fees that the buyer receives less money. It is PAYPAL who made the $15, not the seller. The seller is net zero, the buyer is out $15, and PayPal is $15 richer.

The only way to prevent this is to go through the Ali dispute process. I have been burned on the PayPal thing myself. Never again - I will only do the Ali dispute from now on.

I've also been screwed by the seller promising a refund (or a reship), but only if I cancel the dispute. Then as soon as I cancel the dispute, the seller plays games and goes back on their word. So never again on cancelling the dispute too. I will only do the Ali dispute from now on, and will not cancel that dispute until it is resolved.

The Ali dispute process is the only way we can keep these sellers honest. When we bypass the dispute process (doing refunds outside of the process, cancelling the dispute, etc), we are only undermining the process and allowing sellers to get away with shenanigans and questionable business practices.

This is where NoJoy falls down. They are abysmal at resolution. You are on your own.

Oct 20, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #18,994 of 33,689
So what makes any of us think this won’t cotinue to happen during this 11.11 “pre order”? My bet is the intent of the pre order is for sellers to take orders (without inventory), with the hope that the sellers can somehow get inventory in their hands in time by November 11th (when buyers expect the sellers to start shipping their orders).

The pre-orders give them enough time, 3 weeks roughly, to augment their inventory. Pretty sure the manufacturer is cognisant of the increased demand during 11.11 sale and it should be able to ramp up production if needed.

Oct 20, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #18,995 of 33,689
This is where NoJoy falls down. They are abysmal at resolution. You are on your own.

That sucks :frowning2:

I remember when eBay 1st came out. It was like the Wild West, and you were totally on your own. Scamming was rampant, people shipping you fake stuff, broken stuff, an empty box, or a box with a stick or rock inside (or not even shipping you anything at all). You often had absolutely zero recourse other than complaining to your credit card company or to try and go through PayPal for recourse. It was a mess. eBay would tell you to complain to PayPal because it wasn’t their problem, and PayPal would tell you to complain to eBay because it wasn’t their problem.

When eBay bought PayPal, things got way better because at least the right hand was talking to the left hand.

eBay is 1000xs better nowadays. I doubt any Chinese e-commerce sure will get to that level of streamlined customer service. Aliexpress is way ahead of the other Chinese sites by far, but they still have a long way to go.

Oct 20, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #18,997 of 33,689
ebay is awash with Chinese sellers. I have had a few issues and refunds

I know, but when there are issues with lost, broken, damaged, fake stuff, the eBay dispute process is no joke.

Oct 20, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #18,998 of 33,689
Anyone here with both qdc 3sh and FLC 8s? How do they compare?
Thanks!

Based off memory, FLC8s (Red-Grey-Gold) has a more dynamic presentation than the QDC 3SH and soundstage is bigger. QDC 3SH has an intimate vocals performance and sounds thicker. Hope that helps!

its rare to see qdc being discussed here since even their entry-level Neptune is usd$200? Though I wonder, have you ever tested the qdc 8sh Hifi (or any of their 8BAs?), eyeing one being offered used for quite cheap (below $1k)

Oct 20, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #18,999 of 33,689
I know, but when there are issues with lost, broken, damaged, fake stuff, the eBay dispute process is no joke.

Having gone multiple times through the processes (eBay's and PP's) involved in "incidents" like the above, I can concur.

A shame AliEx usually has superior prices for sometimes the same things, and at others stuff that the 'Bay just doesn't have.

@peter123 Much appreciated for the input. Additional GoogleFu seems to indicate that the BTR3 doesn't either.

So short 0.75mm 2-pin cables it is then, anywhere/anybody does decent work at decent prices and ship Internationally? Also, the "standard" Trip-Fi 0.75mm setup does work with non-recessed Chi-Fi units, right?

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #19,000 of 33,689
Opera Factory OM1.
i am testing it 2 weeks. good sound quality but not brilliant. Build quality is very good. But beware of the cable quality.
it tangles every time. Thus it take time to untangle it.
I bought an upgrade cable: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ope...492.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.5fbc4c4dQQz2Nn
Hope that it will solve the problems.
If you want to use it on the street, so it can be frustrating. Especially when you dont have the time to untangle the cable.
My question regarding the trn v80:
any cable recommendations?

sorry for my english. iam german native speaker.

Got an OM1 coming to test as well.

Oct 20, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #19,001 of 33,689
You'll get a full refund. I made the mistake agreeing to paypal refund. Just open a dispute a with Ali. Since the seller hasn't yet shipped the item within a week of the order being placed.
So without a doubt, dispute would be the best option (Or actually the only one valid).

I am not really sure this method would make the seller any money.

1. We buy an IEM for $150.
2. The seller does the "goods are damaged" trick.
3. The buyer complains and the seller sends a PayPal refund for $150
4. The buyer receives $135 from PayPal.

Well, it is because of PayPal and currency conversion fees that the buyer receives less money. It is PAYPAL who made the $15, not the seller. The seller is net zero, the buyer is out $15, and PayPal is $15 richer.

The only way to prevent this is to go through the Ali dispute process. I have been burned on the PayPal thing myself. Never again - I will only do the Ali dispute from now on.

I've also been screwed by the seller promising a refund (or a reship), but only if I cancel the dispute. Then as soon as I cancel the dispute, the seller plays games and goes back on their word. So never again on cancelling the dispute too. I will only do the Ali dispute from now on, and will not cancel that dispute until it is resolved.

The Ali dispute process is the only way we can keep these sellers honest. When we bypass the dispute process (doing refunds outside of the process, cancelling the dispute, etc), we are only undermining the process and allowing sellers to get away with shenanigans and questionable business practices.
I did not mean about getting rich, but they are indeed getting something out of it. Their page will show more sells (probably why they rather pay you on Paypal, so they likely keep the +1 from your canceled sell) along the publicity, even if it turns out negatively as in this case.

If you query "bgvp dm6" in Aliexpress right now, this seller is the nº1 with 37 sells, second one comes in with 13. Big difference, if I only know about the IEM, I would buy it where all the cats seem to be getting it, not risking it with one of the others.

And to make matters "worse", they are now starting ahead on 11.11, probably to 1) Build those numbers even more to increase the gap with other sellers 2) Have a good though rough estimation of how many orders they should ask the manufacturer for when the time comes.

lolol..
i think they thought that their distributor of bgvp would ship the dm6 to them quickly. and this failed. not very different than most shops (they accept orders, and then ask the distributors for stock). take in count that the sellers in ali don't get the cash till you confirm the package reception. the only thing they could win after a refund, is the difference ratio €/USD, if you bought using € (maybe 1-2% in the worst scenario? not that much); and number of orders increased, like you say, which is important (but many customers give a bad feedback when the item is not shipped, as a counterpart).
anyway, when they have stock they ship the items very fast (got a balanced cable and audbos p4 from them). so, if you are not in a hurry, it's a good deal.

first time i paid 177.75€ for dm6 (173.47€) and a bgvp balanced cable (33.05€, same or similar to stock one, but balanced; very well built, but a solder of left ground might be a bit off, +100mOhm respect the others), taking advantage of seller discount, seller coupon, and select coupons while they were available (28.77€ off, total).
got the cable, and now opened dispute for the dm6. no loss in ali refunds. i'll get 149.31€ (which is exactly what i really paid for it, proportionally). but it will take about 10-15 days, aprox.

now, pre-ordered dm6 for 136.89 USD (153.89 - 17 USD off by coupons, you only can use USD for these pre-orders). + 0.3% currency conversion + 0.2% immediate credit card top up fees. total, in euros, about 122€ at today's USD/€ ratio (27€ cheaper than the old order). but will depend of the ratio when making the big payment, on november 10-12th.
So basically they placed the sale without having stock, stating they did (as I remember checking and seeing they had 12 left in stock) and are now hoping to be able to deliver asap, which takes us to the next part...

...exactly my thought. 11.11 is cool, but there is something we know and something we do not. We know package delivers take longer due to the massive sales, so you are likely to wait more for your goods. We do not know if they will pull the same stuff and saying the package was returned damage because they just didn't have stock of it.

So, if you lie down with dogs, you raise up with fleas. It's great being able to access high end items with a strong price/quality, but this comes with the price of dealing with these shenanigans.

Oct 20, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #19,003 of 33,689
I did not mean about getting rich, but they are indeed getting something out of it. Their page will show more sells (probably why they rather pay you on Paypal, so they likely keep the +1 from your canceled sell) along the publicity, even if it turns out negatively as in this case.

If you query "bgvp dm6" in Aliexpress right now, this seller is the nº1 with 37 sells, second one comes in with 13. Big difference, if I only know about the IEM, I would buy it where all the cats seem to be getting it, not risking it with one of the others.

And to make matters "worse", they are now starting ahead on 11.11, probably to 1) Build those numbers even more to increase the gap with other sellers 2) Have a good though rough estimation of how many orders they should ask the manufacturer for when the time comes.

So basically they placed the sale without having stock, stating they did (as I remember checking and seeing they had 12 left in stock) and are now hoping to be able to deliver asap, which takes us to the next part...

...exactly my thought. 11.11 is cool, but there is something we know and something we do not. We know package delivers take longer due to the massive sales, so you are likely to wait more for your goods. We do not know if they will pull the same stuff and saying the package was returned damage because they just didn't have stock of it.

So, if you lie down with dogs, you raise up with fleas. It's great being able to access high end items with a strong price/quality, but this comes with the price of dealing with these shenanigans.

All very good points. When I place orders on Ali, I often sort by lowest by the most orders, and skip over the sellers who have 0 orders.

And yeah, there are always extra delays around 11.11 - both with the massive shipping delays, to the sellers not even having stock, to the 'package was returned damaged' shenanigans.

I used to order stuff during 11.11 hoping I would have it by xmas for gifts. I was screwed many times, and I looked like a doofus during xmas rushing out the day before trying to get a gift so I had something to give. Then the last week in January the xmas gift would show up. Nice.

Now I order xmas stuff from Ali starting mid-year. I pay a few dollars more, but I get it in plenty of time. And if there is loss or damage I still have time to get replacements sent months in advance. That piece of mind is soooo worth paying the extra $5 or $20 or whatever.

Oct 20, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #19,005 of 33,689
I used to order stuff during 11.11 hoping I would have it by xmas for gifts. I was screwed many times, and I looked like a doofus during xmas rushing out the day before trying to get a gift so I had something to give. Then the last week in January the xmas gift would show up. Nice.
The best deals I found:

ah... now I see. I thought that you were buying iems for Christmas for everyone you know every year! I wondered about that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back