Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Apr 16, 2023 at 9:35 PM Post #7,067 of 7,153
Got the Linsoul Ghost. I am very happy with them. Compared to my Senn. 6xx and my modded Fostex RP50. The Ghost has a good detailed high end, smooth detailed midrange and adequate bass. Bass may be a little tube like in definition. Soundstage is adequate and the phones are just simply pleasant to listen with. Better highs than the Fostex though they have a great midrange and more bass detail. The Ghost gives the Senn a run for it's money. Just wish it had a 3 meter cable.

Apr 17, 2023 at 4:04 AM Post #7,068 of 7,153
Maybe I should've checked this thread before pulling the trigger on some Hifiman HE400se. Oh well.

That being said I wonder if these are considered good for the $109 they now ask for.
They're great value, with non-stealth being even cheaper.
Got the Linsoul Ghost. I am very happy with them. Compared to my Senn. 6xx and my modded Fostex RP50. The Ghost has a good detailed high end, smooth detailed midrange and adequate bass. Bass may be a little tube like in definition. Soundstage is adequate and the phones are just simply pleasant to listen with. Better highs than the Fostex though they have a great midrange and more bass detail. The Ghost gives the Senn a run for it's money. Just wish it had a 3 meter cable.
That seems to be a Theaudio headphone. Ceramic driver is interesting, not surprised it performs best above 10kHz, as it's an older tweeter choice in IEMs.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2023 at 8:15 AM Post #7,069 of 7,153
Hi, I need some replacement pads for the LyxPro HAS-30.. does anybody knows where I can find something similar? They were pretty much like cushions, but made of the worst pleather that you can find...

Apr 25, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #7,070 of 7,153
I finally tried the XROUND Voca Max, a Bluetooth ANC headphone from a Taiwanese brand. It defaulted to surround sound on which did not sound good but once I turned it off and enabling LDAC it was very competent. Wasn't able to test ANC extensively but it seems quite respectable. A bit odd it cycles between ANC + ANC OFF + transparency in that order, but you can disable them individually with the XROUND app (which lets you just cycle between ANC and transparency). Sound signature didn't seem to change between the modes much but seemed to vary a bit based on the ANC strength.

The default tuning is V-shaped with some warmth, decent soundstage. There is a bit of a bloat in the midbass but otherwise fairly respectable - I've seen some Taiwanese reviews saying they sound warm but I still found there is a good amount of sparkle in the upper-mid/lower treble. Tuning down the bass with the app EQ seems to help.
I wasn't able to test it wired so I don't know if you can use it powered on with ANC. Not a direct comparison but I believe the Soundcore Space Q45 has deeper sub-bass and a widerr soundstage but sometimes sounds too wide and distant especially in terms of bass impact. It also suffers from ear pressure causing the volume to dip when rocking my head around, which didn't happen with the XROUNDs. The Soundcores also have bigger earcups but I didn't find the Voca Max uncomfortable (and I believe its headband is easier on clamping than the Q45).

There was also an ag WHP01K on display but unfortunately I didn't get to try it. This headphone was released in 2021 and only seems to have ANC but otherwise seemed pretty solid as ag is a sub-brand of Final Audio from Japan.

Apr 25, 2023 at 9:02 PM Post #7,071 of 7,153
Hi, I need some replacement pads for the LyxPro HAS-30.. does anybody knows where I can find something similar? They were pretty much like cushions, but made of the worst pleather that you can find...
The LyxPro HAS-30 accepts Brainwavz earpads.
They accept the 100mm round earpads.
This is the type that I like, but these are kinda pricey:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072LTJDH6
They used to go on sale a few times per year on Brainwavz' website, but I don't know about more recent years.
You don't have to get sheepskin if you don't want to--that's just what I like because it's incredibly comfortable.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #7,072 of 7,153
I finally tried the XROUND Voca Max, a Bluetooth ANC headphone from a Taiwanese brand. It defaulted to surround sound on which did not sound good but once I turned it off and enabling LDAC it was very competent. Wasn't able to test ANC extensively but it seems quite respectable. A bit odd it cycles between ANC + ANC OFF + transparency in that order, but you can disable them individually with the XROUND app (which lets you just cycle between ANC and transparency). Sound signature didn't seem to change between the modes much but seemed to vary a bit based on the ANC strength.
Tried the Voca Max again at another shop but was a bit underwhelmed this time. This unit had a more creaky headband (I didn't notice this the first time around but it is a big pet peeve of mine). Was able to hear the 1MORE Sonoflow beside it this time, which had a tighter sub-bass but more veiled in the highs. Doing the custom TailorID (similar to HearID of Soundcore) does bring out the mids a bit more and tone down the midbass, but it does sound a bit like there is a dynamic compressor being used which leads to a bit of a brickwall effect.

Apr 30, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #7,073 of 7,153
Brainwavz 100 mm sheepskin should do it: very similar geometry/sizing to the stock pads, but far better material and "feel" against the face. I have the velour 100mm rounds (for a different headphone) and can attest to their quality construction and dimensional similarity to the LyxPro's stock pads.

https://www.brainwavzaudio.com/coll...e-memory-foam-earpads-round-sheepskin-leather

Last edited:
May 4, 2023 at 7:45 AM Post #7,074 of 7,153
The LyxPro HAS-30 accepts Brainwavz earpads.
They accept the 100mm round earpads.
This is the type that I like, but these are kinda pricey:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072LTJDH6
They used to go on sale a few times per year on Brainwavz' website, but I don't know about more recent years.
You don't have to get sheepskin if you don't want to--that's just what I like because it's incredibly comfortable.

Brainwavz 100 mm sheepskin should do it: very similar geometry/sizing to the stock pads, but far better material and "feel" against the face. I have the velour 100mm rounds (for a different headphone) and can attest to their quality construction and dimensional similarity to the LyxPro's stock pads.

https://www.brainwavzaudio.com/coll...e-memory-foam-earpads-round-sheepskin-leather
Thanks, not gonna get the sheepskin ones but at least I know what to look for

May 15, 2023 at 5:18 AM Post #7,075 of 7,153
I was trying to get some information on the OKCSC Ash from the vendor but I wasn't getting anywhere so I just asked for the graph, but I don't know how to read these graphs, but I figured people on here could help me.
So can someone tell me what's happening here, and how it matches up to other headphones(Specifically the OKCSC ZX1 or M2 or ISK MDH9000). In the meantime, I'll try to figure out how to read these.

S202f260d7c9e4ea6be4b52391d9e5e77yASH.jpg

May 15, 2023 at 6:57 AM Post #7,076 of 7,153
I was trying to get some information on the OKCSC Ash from the vendor but I wasn't getting anywhere so I just asked for the graph, but I don't know how to read these graphs, but I figured people on here could help me.
So can someone tell me what's happening here, and how it matches up to other headphones(Specifically the OKCSC ZX1 or M2 or ISK MDH9000). In the meantime, I'll try to figure out how to read these.

S202f260d7c9e4ea6be4b52391d9e5e77yASH.jpg
Our hearing is like this:
a10_sensitivity.gif

I would say quite flat except subbass and high frequency is lowered. Probably suffers a bit of dry sound.

May 15, 2023 at 8:33 AM Post #7,078 of 7,153
So you'd say it's a bit flat sounding with subbass slightly exaggerated and treble cut down abit? No sparkly high end or deep bass?
No, I mean subbass is lowered. You would want to see bass more boosted in that graph and high treble is lowered too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back