Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Oct 10, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #6,841 of 7,153
What about any of the sivga's?
Most Sivgas are rebadged BossHifis.
Sivga 006 is BossHifi B8, only at a higher price.
Other Sivgas and Bosshifis never took off, weren't nearly as good (I had couple other BossHifi headphones - very disappointing).

Oct 10, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #6,843 of 7,153
So my options are the ISK MDH9000 clones, the BossHifi B8 and the Takstar Pro 82. Anything semi-open back?
MHD9000 clones are not in the same league, they are bass-head headphones (quantity over quality) with some build quality issues:
https://www.amazon.com/LyxPro-HAS-3...&keywords=LyxPro+HAS-30&qid=1633894208&sr=8-2
I have the MHD9999 Pro, their highest tier - it can't compete either. Good for the price, not TOTL killer.

Semi-opens are practically non-existent, basically just closed headphones with poor isolation :jecklinsmile:

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #6,844 of 7,153
Oct 10, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #6,845 of 7,153
So my options are the ISK MDH9000 clones, the BossHifi B8 and the Takstar Pro 82. Anything semi-open back?
I have an ISK MDH9000 clone and a BossHiFi B8.
The MDH9000 clone sounds amazing, and the B8 doesn't sound that great in comparison.
For over ear headphones, I only get headphones that accept Brainwavz sheepskin earpads, so that's why I never considered the Takstar Pro 82.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #6,846 of 7,153
I'm still enjoying my old Takstar for the house but looking for something smaller for out of the house use. Something like the Koss porta pro size. I know they're popular but i'm not keen on the styling. Anything from Aliexpress fit the bill? Thanks

Oct 11, 2021 at 9:34 AM Post #6,847 of 7,153
The MDH9000 clone sounds amazing, and the B8 doesn't sound that great in comparison.
For over ear headphones, I only get headphones that accept Brainwavz sheepskin earpads, so that's why I never considered the Takstar Pro 82.
I guess we have very different sound preferences.

MDH9000 seems to be often recommended on Head-fi, but never got really good reviews on Amazon/Aliexpress.
Here is the breakdown of the latest 10 reviews on Amazon:
5 star - 2
4 star - 2
3 star - 1
2 star - 2
1 star - 3
https://www.amazon.com/LyxPro-HAS-3...erType=all_reviews&sortBy=recent&pageNumber=1

Oct 11, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #6,848 of 7,153

I've owned a total of 3 ISK MDH9000 clones; gave away 2 and kept 1, my favorite (Marantz MPH-2, linked below).

https://www.amazon.com/Marantz-MPH-2-Professional-Studio-Headphones/dp/B01E75MKRY

Yes, these are inexpensive, closed-back headphones built to a low pricepoint. Yes, they're bassy and less than ideally resolving. Still, their sound is way more musical than I could have expected. I take the MPH-2 with me on vacation, along with my trusty FiiO e10K--the sound quality I get from that combination is very satisfying.

I have far better (and more expensive) headphones than the MPH-2, but I respect the MPH-2 for what it is: good sound is good sound, regardless of cost.

PS: I rolled pads with the MPH-2 and was unable to improve on the sonics of the stock pads. The only reason to roll these pads IMHO is to get real leather earpads (ie, Brainwavz 100 mm rounds) against one's face, rather than the stock pads' pleather. A pair of Brainwavz 100 mm sheepskin leathers would do the trick, and are nearly identical to the stock pads in all dimensions:

https://www.brainwavzaudio.com/coll...e-memory-foam-earpads-round-sheepskin-leather

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #6,849 of 7,153
I also own a ISK MDH9000 clone (the LyxPro HAS-30) and a B8. While the HAS-30 does offer decent sound for the price, my set and one my friend bought suffer from really bad driver matching. This varies from unit to unit but it's obvious there is very little QC (not surprising given the price) and poor driver matching is a pet peeve of mine.

Out of the box I didn't love the B8, it sounded very metallic to me. However, swapping out with some sheepskin M50 pads they are now my go-to portable closed-back (better build than my CAL!2 but similar sound, which was my previous portable pick). The pads warm up and smooth the midrange and tames the metallic twang in the treble.

So, if I had to rebuild my collection, I wouldn't rebuy the HAS-30, but I would definitely rebuy the B8. Also, I would maybe (probably) skip the Pro82, but that's more debatable. That's my 2 cents. :o2smile:

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #6,850 of 7,153
Hey i am looking for a headset for mostly PC desktop purpose, (gaming, music, watching videos)
I tried Takstar Pro 82, indeed really good for its price but i didnt like the audio signature (it doesnt sound that impressive)
However the comfort was pretty good (i have a large head and comfort does matter to me)
I tried a Bosshifi B8 from a friend, i really liked it
Any alternative?
I may consider to re-buy AKG K612 Pro (its perfect audio signature for me) but its open-back, i want more closed back oriented headset
Thanks

Oct 11, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #6,851 of 7,153
@ababa
The ISK MDH9000 clones are really nice if you like bass.
They're my best sounding headphones, and they're closed back.

Oct 11, 2021 at 11:08 PM Post #6,852 of 7,153
Hey i am looking for a headset for mostly PC desktop purpose, (gaming, music, watching videos)
I tried Takstar Pro 82, indeed really good for its price but i didnt like the audio signature (it doesnt sound that impressive)
However the comfort was pretty good (i have a large head and comfort does matter to me)
Any alternative?
I may consider to re-buy AKG K612 Pro (its perfect audio signature for me) but its open-back, i want more closed back oriented headset
Thanks
AKG K371.

I'm still enjoying my old Takstar for the house but looking for something smaller for out of the house use. Something like the Koss porta pro size. I know they're popular but i'm not keen on the styling. Anything from Aliexpress fit the bill? Thanks
Koss KPH30i is the Porta Pro perfected, though you may again not like the styling. $20-$30 USD pre-tax.

Neutral with a touch of warmth with some roll off at each end, not resolving and maybe a little power hungry to avoid clipping entirely out of a phone, but fantastic staging, timbre and imaging for the price alongside that and they rest like a cloud on your head.

If you're not enamored with the KPH30i look, earbuds might be the solve here if you're not seeking isolation, and the KSEarphone LBBS might be the play at around $40-$50 USD pre-tax.

More resolving, brighter tonality (more bass roll-off, less treble), but otherwise in step with the same strengths of a good quality open back on-ear.

Hell, just get both, you'll find uses for them.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2021 at 6:19 AM Post #6,853 of 7,153
Any alternative?
Thanks
If you like B8 - buy it.
Personal experience is better indication than any recommendation. Just make sure your sound chain is as good as your friend's - or B8 will sound different.
Actually, it may have been the problem with Pro 82 too - it really scales up with better equipment.

Oct 12, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #6,854 of 7,153
I want more medium oriented audio signature like my old AKG K612 Pro
Pro 82 was too neutral, nor medium doesn't sound impressive, neither high pitched
I ordered two, one for me and one for my brother, we both sold it
I ve told about Pro 82 to someone, then he ordered it, he really like it
I think its about personal preference, good model but not for me

Oct 12, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #6,855 of 7,153
I want more medium oriented audio signature like my old AKG K612 Pro
Pro 82 was too neutral, nor medium doesn't sound impressive, neither high pitched
I ordered two, one for me and one for my brother, we both sold it
I ve told about Pro 82 to someone, then he ordered it, he really like it
I think its about personal preference, good model but not for me
Pro 82 would be bright-neutral, while K612 Pro would be neutral (flat, not Harman neutral).

Sennheiser HD 6XX would be more mid-focused (and slightly mid-forward) than the K612 Pro, but might be twice the price compared to the K612 Pro in your region. Worse staging and imaging, but better timbre (natural sounding vocals and instruments).

If you're wanting something closed-back with decent timbre and good mid tonality, that's the AKG K371 up until around USD $300, but it's Harman neutral so it has a bass shelf compared to the K612 Pro (and poorer imaging, staging).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back