Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Nov 21, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #6,436 of 7,153
The OpenHeart OH2000 seem to have been discontinued.

I don’t know who told you that, but they’re wrong.

It’s literally Openheart’s best seller, and they can’t keep them in stock fast enough. It’s only sold out temporarily from time to time (usually during sales), while they work on making the next batch.

644FD937-230F-430C-A123-808BA3500B53.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #6,437 of 7,153
i tried two Cyberdrive Forte earphones, and they were both extremely disappointing. Bloomy and bloated bass and rolled off highs made for a dark and very un-hi res sound. i got them both for a steal, so i wasn't freaking out over it, but still disappointed. not good.

Nov 22, 2020 at 1:50 AM Post #6,438 of 7,153
I don’t know who told you that, but they’re wrong.

It’s literally Openheart’s best seller, and they can’t keep them in stock fast enough. It’s only sold out temporarily from time to time (usually during sales), while they work on making the next batch.

I was just going off the listing being completely removed from their store. Glad to see that's not the case!

Nov 22, 2020 at 2:40 AM Post #6,439 of 7,153
I was just going off the listing being completely removed from their store. Glad to see that's not the case!

Thats an Aliexpress thing. When stores run out of stock of an item, the listing is hidden. This prevents people from being able to order something that isn’t in stock, which would make people angry and also cause problems for sellers.

Ita the same way on eBay (Amazon, really any ecommerce site) - once an item is sold or an auction ends, it becomes unavailable for more purchases. At least until more inventory is put back in stock.

Nov 22, 2020 at 6:44 AM Post #6,440 of 7,153
IMG_20201122_183022530-03.jpeg

Spotted a fantastic deal on these Creative Aurvana Special Edition over-ear cans on the local online classifieds this past weekend and nabbed them for the equivalent of 25 USD. These are a rebrand of the Aurvana Live, which are equivalent to the Denon AH-D1001, because all of these are badge-engineered Fostex creations. If you had bought into Creative's Super X-Fi dongle DAC/amp a while ago, you could have gotten these included as a bundle, but they are just a bog-standard pair of cans in every way and really have nothing to do with the company's latest DSP faux-surround madness.

For the price I paid, these sound pretty impressive: though it features a V-shaped signature, the bass is tight and controlled, the mids are only slightly recessed, and there is actually a good attempt at detail and treble extension (unlike my PortaPros, cough). On the other hand, imaging and soundstage are nothing to write home about: there are hardly any positional cues and the overall presentation is rather closed-in. For what they are, however, I think these qualify as somewhat of a gem that is hiding in plain sight. They're fairly devalued and widely available today (at least in my geographical region) due to the whole bundling situation, and they don't look very impressive at first glance with their plastic fantastic construction and their tacky looking earcups which is basically black glossy plastic plus glitter.

When these came out I probably turned my nose up at it thinking "what is this plastic crap that Creative is trying to foist on the market again". But these have turned out to be a pleasant surprise, even if I probably wouldn't pay much more for them than what I paid. While my Sonys remain capable of pushing out more detail and richness, and they actually have a soundstage, these have been great for listening around the home as they are considerably more lightweight and it doesn't really matter that they don't isolate well. I like them.

Nov 22, 2020 at 9:29 AM Post #6,441 of 7,153
I always forget about those little gems, the Aurvana Live, I also picked up a "cast off" Aurvana Live SE minus the Super X-Fi thingamajig, $38.39 from NewEgg in 2019, you scored an even better deal, @unifutomaki, nice! Build is as you say, nothing great, very toyish really, but a fun listen, little baby Fostex cans.

Nov 25, 2020 at 4:10 AM Post #6,443 of 7,153
been using takstar pro 82s for a while now and theyve been great. Anyone know if there is a equivalent open-back model?
HF580 may give same tonal balance but sound very different because its planar magnetic. Its now lowered price so a very good deal.

Nov 25, 2020 at 8:04 AM Post #6,444 of 7,153
I’ve kept silent, not because they’re bad or anything, but because I only did an out of the box listen. Maybe 5-10 minutes of head time tops.

I would be doing a serious disservice by recommending or not recommending they spend their hard earned money on something that I’ve only used for 2 songs.

In addition, work was super short handed and I volunteered to work OT shifts for the last 3 months. I only get about 3 hours of sleep between each shift before I have to go right back into work again. So by the time I get home, my head hits the pillow and I’m out. No time for modding, no time for detailed listening sessions, no time for detailed comparison reviews etc. I never even know what day it is, or if it’s even daytime or nighttime :frowning2:

My crazy schedule will go back to normal after thanksgiving, at which time I’ll have way more free time to catch up on life, hobbies, my family, etc.

With that said, the openheart keeps selling out. So that should tell you something right there.

I could have sworn that I’ve shared my initial thoughts about the openheart when I first got them. For the price they are a steal. All metal, 2 sets of pads, nice cable, carry pouch, moddable if you want. In fact, that’s why I bought them in the first place. I never intended to use them stock. I always intended to use them as shells and to mod them with some drivers I have. That’s why I didn’t spend days evaluating the stock sound.

The bigger question to me is - if the Openheart keeps selling out, where are all these people? Why hasn’t anyone else come forward and shared their impressions? I’m certainly not the only one who bought them.

Openheart owners - where you at??

I ordered the OH2000 and the Resin IEM a couple of weeks ago, i don't know when they will arrive but can definitely give my impressions when they do.
these are the first headphone's I've brought since my Monster Adidas originals, I'm hoping these are an improvement on my listening experience but for £38 I'm also not expecting miracles so if i need to swap the drivers out for better quality ones I'm more than happy to do that as if anything, these headphones look great and are a solid platform to build on.

Nov 25, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #6,445 of 7,153
been using takstar pro 82s for a while now and theyve been great. Anyone know if there is a equivalent open-back model?
Stax 009 loses slightly on bass response, matches Pro 82 on mids, treble, timbre, transparency and imagining, and wins on soundstage size.

Nov 25, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #6,446 of 7,153
The bigger question to me is - if the Openheart keeps selling out, where are all these people? Why hasn’t anyone else come forward and shared their impressions? I’m certainly not the only one who bought them.

Openheart owners - where you at??

I'll definitely be sharing my impressions of the (stock) GradOpenhearts once I get them. If they're good I might even treat them to a balanced cable. They just need to get here first :)

Nov 26, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #6,448 of 7,153
Nov 26, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #6,449 of 7,153
Nov 26, 2020 at 7:38 PM Post #6,450 of 7,153
They also have a single-sided and dual-sided magnet version.

That's a first in my experience. Of course dual-sided costs more. It must sound different, too.

Just looking at these, I see what looks like pretty thin (at the front) angled pads. Wonder if they're user replaceable...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back