Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Nov 26, 2020 at 8:02 PM Post #6,451 of 7,153
That's a first in my experience. Of course dual-sided costs more. It must sound different, too.

Just looking at these, I see what looks like pretty thin (at the front) angled pads. Wonder if they're user replaceable...

Looking at the photos of the whole kit it looks like they come with two sets of pads - a solid and a perforated set, so I’d assume they’re replaceable.

Nov 27, 2020 at 1:07 PM Post #6,452 of 7,153
So, while I wait for linsoul to ship my blon bl-30 to me with "express" shipping (ordered them the morning they were listed, linsoul sucks as always) I need a pair of open back dynamics to tide me over. Looking for something around $100...

My short list is the drop x hifiman he35x, monoprice m650, sivga sv004, sv005, sv007. Ultimately, I would like this as a pair I could conceivably also use as a donor pair to swap out drivers at some point. Any pointers?

Nov 27, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #6,453 of 7,153
So, while I wait for linsoul to ship my blon bl-30 to me with "express" shipping (ordered them the morning they were listed, linsoul sucks as always) I need a pair of open back dynamics to tide me over. Looking for something around $100...

My short list is the drop x hifiman he35x, monoprice m650, sivga sv004, sv005, sv007. Ultimately, I would like this as a pair I could conceivably also use as a donor pair to swap out drivers at some point. Any pointers?

Are Blon B7 same thing as SIVGA sv005?

Nov 27, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #6,455 of 7,153
Are Blon B7 same thing as SIVGA sv005?
That headphone shell is common in the market. No idea about the drivers in them but I've heard nothing good of the blon bl7 itself, although it's available for about the same as the shell alone....

Nov 27, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #6,457 of 7,153
="hifi80sman, post: 15538751, member: 443813"
I did order the Floyd Rose dual driver headphones, so we'll see how those are.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GQ77W4R/

Hi new to the forum, I saw this post a couple weeks ago and have been thinking about buying a set (Floyd Rose FR52) but I can only find one true review, the others are by "paid" or friends of Floyd saying how great they are. @hifi80sman have you formed an opinion of these? They look nice, seem sturdy enough, and dual drivers one would think would bring up the cost at least. Can anyone chime in and describe how they sound? Thanks much!

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #6,458 of 7,153
Hi new to the forum, I saw this post a couple weeks ago and have been thinking about buying a set (Floyd Rose FR52) but I can only find one true review, the others are by "paid" or friends of Floyd saying how great they are. @hifi80sman have you formed an opinion of these? They look nice, seem sturdy enough, and dual drivers one would think would bring up the cost at least. Can anyone chime in and describe how they sound? Thanks much!

Amazon has the White version on sale for $17.50 right now, I just ordered a pair for the heck of it, might as well try out this dual driver thing, and for less than the cost of a pizza, if they suck I’m not out much.

Nov 27, 2020 at 11:11 PM Post #6,459 of 7,153
I mean there's some quite positive feedbacks about B7's even in this thread so...
Really? I must be searching wrong then, wonder why I haven't seen squat....

Edit:. Really not seeing much positivity about them.... The B7s is a closed version that supposedly sounds better... But the posts I do see say they're disappointing. I'll probably go with the Sivga SV007 or hifimanxdtop he35x (since I can add a balanced cable quite easily to that pair).
Upon further reading @Slater is a fan of the Sivga SV007 so that's good enough for me! Ordered.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2020 at 11:57 PM Post #6,460 of 7,153
Amazon has the White version on sale for $17.50 right now, I just ordered a pair for the heck of it, might as well try out this dual driver thing, and for less than the cost of a pizza, if they suck I’m not out much.

HAHA! I did the exact same thing! I clicked on @hifi80sman link and saw the white ones at the bottom of the page, after seeing the price I thought it was a mistake so I did some quick research on them and only found one decent review. All in all the reviewer said definitely not worth $150, the price at the time he bought them I think and said at that price the ATH M50x blow them away. He estimated their worth at around $40, so at $17.50; SOLD!! What do I got to lose?

So if anyone has a set could you describe how they sound? Maybe a comparison like Behringer BH470 or BH770? Superlux HD 681 EVO's? etc.??

BTW I saw a couple sellers on ebay selling them for $18.99, Wal Mart has the white ones for $19 and the black ones are $141 :unamused:, I don't get it.

Want the black ones for $18.99 brand new? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Floyd-Rose...461553&hash=item421b7302d5:g:J~gAAOSwVC9e9n81

Thanks for responding tutetibiimperes :relaxed:

Nov 28, 2020 at 3:24 AM Post #6,461 of 7,153

Edit:. Really not seeing much positivity about them.... The B7s is a closed version that supposedly sounds better... But the posts I do see say they're disappointing. I'll probably go with the Sivga SV007 or hifimanxdtop he35x (since I can add a balanced cable quite easily to that pair).
Upon further reading @Slater is a fan of the Sivga SV007 so that's good enough for me! Ordered.
B7 is awfull. Maybe aftermarket pads could solve that but as stock it's one of most disappointing purchases I've made.

Msur n350 cost about the same and are way better. Very similar driver. I wonder why m350 never took of. Small cups scare people?

It's a nice headphone to have even after moving on to more expensive stuff. It does not stick out of head which is rare. I like when portable headphones are inconspicuous. Surprisingly balanced tuning. Fun without going overboard with bass or treble. Big headphone sound in a small package. Most balanced in msur line of headphones. N550 is heavy on the treble and n650 has weird midrange emphasis(sounds honky).

Denon ah-mm400 sounds bloated and unrefined in comparison.

IMG_20200921_152705.jpg

Nov 28, 2020 at 4:17 AM Post #6,462 of 7,153

Here's whole thread about moding them
EDIT; guess it was never finished though :sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2020 at 7:26 AM Post #6,463 of 7,153

I just took a look at the "3D's" in white on Amazon and the price has been changed to $149.95! The black ones too, except if you do a search all the way at the bottom of the page, past all the Floyd Rose tremolo items there's the black ones. They only have 2 left of each of them so be sure and hurry! :rolling_eyes:

Nov 28, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #6,464 of 7,153
I just took a look at the "3D's" in white on Amazon and the price has been changed to $149.95! The black ones too, except if you do a search all the way at the bottom of the page, past all the Floyd Rose tremolo items there's the black ones. They only have 2 left of each of them so be sure and hurry! :rolling_eyes:
Check the sold by party and make sure it says sold by "shoppers farm". I still see them for 17.50....

Here's whole thread about moding them
EDIT; guess it was never finished though :sweat_smile:
Yeah, I've considered ordering them for the shell alone. But the sv007 will be my test subject I guess, unless I love it, then I'll order the b7 for the shell since it can be found cheaper. But again, stock sound seems to be mediocre, but I wonder what it'll sound like with a pair of tesla drivers in it.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back