Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Nov 12, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #6,391 of 7,153
I wasn't suggesting that the post implied that, I'm just familiar with @Slater 's previous posts about xiaomi, and actually bought one based on his comments. In contrary to the xiaomi, he basically kept silent about the openheart, no recommendation or detailed review, this is why I asked about his opinion. I'm still not sure why a close and open headphone can't be compared, I don't think about a detailed analysis, just a rough overview. I'm sure that a bad open back also sounds bad compared to a good close back, after all, no matter the equipment you just close your eyes and listen to the sound one by one, no rocket science involved.

In my experience, Xiaomi does sound a bit veiled, but it depends on the position of the earpads on the ear as well, and with a brighter dac like sabre models it's quite alright actually. Still prefer it 90% of the time to the sharp tinny sound of pro 80. A bit eq would improve a lot of things, I haven't had the time yet to play with it unfortunately
the openheart should arrive any day now for me, if not today, I'll try my best to give a comprehensive review of it as my first proper review for the site.
I'm not sure I'll get it perfect, but I'll have Allesandro MS1 (basically grado 125e with less agrressive treble and upper mids) to compare it to, along with my fidelio x1s and koss ksc75, and yuin g2a ear clips.

And, if you really think I should, I suppose I could unpack the xioamis, and also compare the openheart to the m40x with brainwavz angled pads since it does have a larger stage with those.

I think grados are the fairest comparison since that is what they're trying to clone, and the ksc75 given the price/sound ratio and opennness, no?

Nov 12, 2020 at 10:32 PM Post #6,392 of 7,153
I wasn't suggesting that the post implied that, I'm just familiar with @Slater 's previous posts about xiaomi, and actually bought one based on his comments. In contrary to the xiaomi, he basically kept silent about the openheart, no recommendation or detailed review, this is why I asked about his opinion. I'm still not sure why a close and open headphone can't be compared, I don't think about a detailed analysis, just a rough overview. I'm sure that a bad open back also sounds bad compared to a good close back, after all, no matter the equipment you just close your eyes and listen to the sound one by one, no rocket science involved.

I’ve kept silent, not because they’re bad or anything, but because I only did an out of the box listen. Maybe 5-10 minutes of head time tops.

I would be doing a serious disservice by recommending or not recommending they spend their hard earned money on something that I’ve only used for 2 songs.

In addition, work was super short handed and I volunteered to work OT shifts for the last 3 months. I only get about 3 hours of sleep between each shift before I have to go right back into work again. So by the time I get home, my head hits the pillow and I’m out. No time for modding, no time for detailed listening sessions, no time for detailed comparison reviews etc. I never even know what day it is, or if it’s even daytime or nighttime :frowning2:

My crazy schedule will go back to normal after thanksgiving, at which time I’ll have way more free time to catch up on life, hobbies, my family, etc.

With that said, the openheart keeps selling out. So that should tell you something right there.

I could have sworn that I’ve shared my initial thoughts about the openheart when I first got them. For the price they are a steal. All metal, 2 sets of pads, nice cable, carry pouch, moddable if you want. In fact, that’s why I bought them in the first place. I never intended to use them stock. I always intended to use them as shells and to mod them with some drivers I have. That’s why I didn’t spend days evaluating the stock sound.

The bigger question to me is - if the Openheart keeps selling out, where are all these people? Why hasn’t anyone else come forward and shared their impressions? I’m certainly not the only one who bought them.

Openheart owners - where you at??

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2020 at 7:55 AM Post #6,393 of 7,153
I’ve kept silent, not because they’re bad or anything, but because I only did an out of the box listen. Maybe 5-10 minutes of head time tops.

I would be doing a serious disservice by recommending or not recommending they spend their hard earned money on something that I’ve only used for 2 songs.

In addition, work was super short handed and I volunteered to work OT shifts for the last 3 months. I only get about 3 hours of sleep between each shift before I have to go right back into work again. So by the time I get home, my head hits the pillow and I’m out. No time for modding, no time for detailed listening sessions, no time for detailed comparison reviews etc. I never even know what day it is, or if it’s even daytime or nighttime :frowning2:

My crazy schedule will go back to normal after thanksgiving, at which time I’ll have way more free time to catch up on life, hobbies, my family, etc.

With that said, the openheart keeps selling out. So that should tell you something right there.

I could have sworn that I’ve shared my initial thoughts about the openheart when I first got them. For the price they are a steal. All metal, 2 sets of pads, nice cable, carry pouch, moddable if you want. In fact, that’s why I bought them in the first place. I never intended to use them stock. I always intended to use them as shells and to mod them with some drivers I have. That’s why I didn’t spend days evaluating the stock sound.

The bigger question to me is - if the Openheart keeps selling out, where are all these people? Why hasn’t anyone else come forward and shared their impressions? I’m certainly not the only one who bought them.

Which drivers do you plan to install?

I just ordered the openhearts and am curious about modding. Will you stick with chinese drivers or do something like the Nhoord ones?

Nov 13, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #6,395 of 7,153
AIAIAI is considered Chinese?

I made a video about them, and they are a really interesting pair, mine totally came from China, but I am not sure if the brand itself considers itself to be chinese :)

They are a Danish company. If you are in Copenhagen, you can visit them (their address is Studiestræde 31, 1455 København K, Denmark).

Nov 13, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #6,396 of 7,153
Which drivers do you plan to install?

I just ordered the openhearts and am curious about modding. Will you stick with chinese drivers or do something like the Nhoord ones?

Ora drivers :)

Nov 13, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #6,397 of 7,153
Hello Everyone,

I bought and received the Lyxpro HAS 30 (I paid about $45 on Amazon). I thought the sound signature was great. The only problem is that they do not fit. I have a small head and even at their tightest they sit below where they should on my ears. Also the clamping strength is not enough to keep them firmly against my ears/head. So my question is are there any headphones at around this price point with a similar sound that would actually fit my head? I am looking for close backed over ear, fairly neutral but more fun than the Sennheisers which are great but a bit sterile. I have Sennheiser HD25's which fit fine etc and not at the smallest possible size. TBH I have never encountered a headphone that didn't fit before. I will be using them for music (metal, rock, hip-hop, classical) and likely watching movies.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #6,401 of 7,153
Hello Everyone,

I bought and received the Lyxpro HAS 30 (I paid about $45 on Amazon). I thought the sound signature was great. The only problem is that they do not fit. I have a small head and even at their tightest they sit below where they should on my ears. Also the clamping strength is not enough to keep them firmly against my ears/head. So my question is are there any headphones at around this price point with a similar sound that would actually fit my head? I am looking for close backed over ear, fairly neutral but more fun than the Sennheisers which are great but a bit sterile. I have Sennheiser HD25's which fit fine etc and not at the smallest possible size. TBH I have never encountered a headphone that didn't fit before. I will be using them for music (metal, rock, hip-hop, classical) and likely watching movies.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You can buy tiny pleather pillows and attach them by adhesive to the underside of the headband to make proper distance.
In regards to clamping force, a bit of bending the headband might help

Nov 13, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #6,402 of 7,153
You can buy tiny pleather pillows and attach them by adhesive to the underside of the headband to make proper distance.
In regards to clamping force, a bit of bending the headband might help
Thanks for the suggestion I appreciate it and will definitely consider it. I am ideally hoping to find something that will work without modification.

Nov 13, 2020 at 8:16 PM Post #6,403 of 7,153

That schedule is truly insane. Good luck seeing that through, then coming back to normal...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back