Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Nov 9, 2020 at 5:50 AM Post #6,361 of 7,153
I'd like to point out, since I got one, there's still some ~150 AUD Philips Fidelio X1s (swappable pads X1), which is pretty much just about as good as the x2hr.
At this price it's a steal, be sure to search 'philips' on aliexpress, they won't come up if you search fidelio or x1s for some reason, it's odd, you'll find the two entries eventually.

My box was beaten up when it arrived, but they're fantastic. sound makes the shp9500 and no doubt 9600 eat crap.
At least three times as good sounding to me for 50-60 bux more.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #6,363 of 7,153
are these the same Blon B8 that were on DROP ?

I have no idea but they seem too look the same, just different branding.
But you never know with chinese companies. It could be the same, it could be only the same housing or the units that failed quality control for Blon/Sivga.

I kinda like the look more than the Takstar 82s

Idk, i think the smartest thing would be to save for the Sundara or Kiss esp 950

I was looking at the Takstar 580s before but they are $200 and not as good as the Sundara.

I would have to pay import fees and there's no guarantee.

I can get a lightly used Sundara for $250 with warranty.

Nov 9, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #6,364 of 7,153
But you never know with chinese companies. It could be the same, it could be only the same housing or the units that failed quality control for Blon/Sivga.

Idk, i think the smartest thing would be to save for the Sundara or Kiss esp 950

I was looking at the Takstar 580s before but they are $200 and not as good as the Sundara.

But wait are you thinking about these Blons as an alternative to Sundara -surely they can't be even close

Nov 9, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #6,366 of 7,153
The Seaphy WB-101PD bluetooth planars are discounted on amazon. Currently $160 with the option to use a 15% off coupon. I believe these have the same drivers as the QUAD ERA 1 and Brainwavz Alara (Specs are the same and the driver pictures are the same).

61y3x-A6xOL._AC_SL1000_ (3).jpg
61ZmihtMdFL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

31c0ymjprTL._AC_.jpg
41P3FFAlAqL._AC_.jpg

81eXhwFKsDL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Nov 9, 2020 at 10:34 PM Post #6,367 of 7,153
The Seaphy WB-101PD bluetooth planars are discounted on amazon. Currently $160 with the option to use a 15% off coupon. I believe these have the same drivers as the QUAD ERA 1 and Brainwavz Alara (Specs are the same and the driver pictures are the same).

61y3x-A6xOL._AC_SL1000_ (3).jpg61ZmihtMdFL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
31c0ymjprTL._AC_.jpg41P3FFAlAqL._AC_.jpg
81eXhwFKsDL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I have the Brainwavz Alara and I bought those Seaphy WB-101PD a while back and... trust me, they're not anywhere close to the Alara, that's for sure, though they obviously were trying to look like the ERA-1.

They were barely okay, frankly, and build was very cheap and they creaked as I walked with them, and sound was "okay", but they definitely were neither as technically competent or pleasurable to listen to as the Alara.

Nov 10, 2020 at 1:39 AM Post #6,368 of 7,153

Just buy that Sundara. Straight up.

You can look at a closed back option like the Pro 82/GM200 or the AKG K361/K371 down the line if you need a more isolated listening option, but that's a good price for a great headphone.

Nov 10, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #6,369 of 7,153
Good headphones for the price. They are fully metal build, which is worth the cost alone. You also get a decent braided cable, 2 sets of pads, and a dust bag.

All in all, well worth $50.

Upper mids have a bump to them, but nothing harsh or shouty. I only mention it because some people seem to really get bothered by upper midrange peaks.

I do plan on upgrading the stock drivers, as I honestly just bought the Openhearts as donor shells. The stock drivers are budget drivers, but you can’t expect TOTL for $50. I mean, I’ve seen other sellers selling just the identical SHELL for $70! So to get a complete headphone with generous accessory kit is freaking awesome :)
Oh, I've just seen this post. So, in your opinion the Xiaomi is significantly better than the openheart? Then I'll skip this one, or wait out your driver mod and see how it goes . :)

Nov 10, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #6,370 of 7,153
Just buy that Sundara. Straight up.

You can look at a closed back option like the Pro 82/GM200 or the AKG K361/K371 down the line if you need a more isolated listening option, but that's a good price for a great headphone.
Oh, I've just seen this post. So, in your opinion the Xiaomi is significantly better than the openheart? Then I'll skip this one, or wait out your driver mod and see how it goes . :)

One is open backed and the other is close backed. Not really fair to compare them.

Nov 10, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #6,373 of 7,153
that post in no way implies that lol, they're not compareable being open vs closed.
However, the Xiaomi is okay, I've got m40x and in comparison the xiaomi feel veiled, and with a very tiny soundstage, less bass extension, it's almost too flat feeling?
sounds better if I boost the treble from memory.
Even a lower end grado sr60 sounds better than the xiaomi to me, but by no means is it bad sounding, just boring sounding, the comfort, isolation and build does make up for it a lot tho.
I'm don't expect my openhearts to sound worse than a grado sr60, but I may be surprised and have my soldering iron at the ready to try a new 40mm driver, it uses a shell designed for DIY after all.

They're fine, they have incredible build, amazing comfort, no squeaking like the plasticky hell that is the m40x, the pads are very high quality.
Kinda wana buy a second pair since I'm selling this to a friend, to make them open back.

If anyone could update me on how those open back modded xiaomis sound I'd be delighted.

Nov 10, 2020 at 10:24 PM Post #6,374 of 7,153
If anyone could update me on how those open back modded xiaomis sound I'd be delighted.

Since I’m the only one on planet earth with open back converted Xiaomis, that’a gonna have to be me lol

I actually don’t have them at the moment. I lent them out to a friend, and he liked them so much he kinda confiscated them haha

I will check with him and see if I can wrestle them back this weekend. Then I’ll have a fresh listen since I haven’t heard them in a while, and let you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back