Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Apr 2, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #5,387 of 7,153
I wanted to try something new and bought plextone bt270. It looks soo good in pictures so it can't be THAT bad for for $17.54
Well... It is bad. There was no padding over The box. So it looks like this

I was expecting atleast decent build quality but it is 100% plastic. Cups don't swivel and headband barely clamps so getting a good seal is impossible.

Both wired and wireless modes sound the same. Very drowsy and boring, veiled, distant etc.

Headphones look good in pictures but other than thaIt I have nothing positive to say about plextone bt270.

Thanks for the warning. They looked metal!

Apr 2, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #5,388 of 7,153
I wanted to try something new and bought plextone bt270. It looks soo good in pictures so it can't be THAT bad for for $17.54
Well... It is bad. There was no padding over The box. So it looks like this

I was expecting atleast decent build quality but it is 100% plastic. Cups don't swivel and headband barely clamps so getting a good seal is impossible.

Both wired and wireless modes sound the same. Very drowsy and boring, veiled, distant etc.

Headphones look good in pictures but other than thaIt I have nothing positive to say about plextone bt270.

Your post is a necessary corrective. We've all seen glamour shots of oddly shaped, sleek headphones on various Chinese websites. Nobody's ever heard of them or owned them (that we know), so there's an aura of mystery surrounding these headphones.

I find myself thinking, "Maybe I should just spend the $95 just to find out what they look like IRL."

This happens fairly often. I always fight the impulse.

Congrats to one who didn't fight the impulse--and only paid small $$ for the experience.

Apr 5, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #5,390 of 7,153
Apr 6, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #5,391 of 7,153
Apr 6, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #5,394 of 7,153
For that price you can get the real thing, vs some Ching Chong knockoff of unknown quality and tuning.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000AJIF4E
I stand corrected. For once it seems a knockoff/copy is equal or better than the original!
I ended up going with the real deal. There were some mixed reviews and I tend to swap to leather earpads, so whatever they describe I would likely end up altering anyway. I have some type of fixation with genuine leather. Is there anything better than tight red leather pants? I think not.

That being said, the MDR-7506 with the Brainwavz Sheepskin Earpads sound really good to my ears. They add a bit of warmth and musicality, not to mention a bump in bass. Running them through my ES100 (Flat EQ).

IMG_2136.jpg

Apr 6, 2019 at 8:56 PM Post #5,395 of 7,153
Apr 11, 2019 at 7:40 AM Post #5,399 of 7,153
Now you guys have made me sad... thinking about dead sheep.

Actually, despite of the name sheep in sheepskin leather, it’s actually made using Jackalope hide. That’s why it’s so soft.

097AD1DE-09B2-4476-9D35-3DFDD0595F1F.jpeg

Apr 11, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #5,400 of 7,153
Actually, despite of the name sheep in sheepskin leather, it’s actually made using Jackalope hide. That’s why it’s so soft.

Well, that is just worse! Soon they will be extinct just like unicorns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back