Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Jan 9, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #5,147 of 7,153
Thanks for the suggestion, but price looks above $300.

What? Where did you looked for them, they are like $90 on Aliexpress. Pretty much a steal for that money imo.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #5,149 of 7,153
Wow, I had found a bad link, I think. Thanks, I will jump on this.

Great, feel free to share your impressions here or on a Msur-thread once youve received them.

Jan 10, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #5,152 of 7,153
I've been using the Eksa ES100 for a while now.

eksa_e100.jpg
(using an image from the Aliexpress listing I got them from)

With the stock pads (which are actually fairly comfortable), the bass is way too elevated and bloated and just not nice. Otherwise, it would have been OK stock. Pretty wide and deep soundstage. Imaging, not that great.
So I swapped pads one them. HM5-like cloth pads instantly improved the sound. Soundstage still wide and reasonably deep. Imaging improved, but still nothing to rave about. Bass got... tighter, the bloat was gone and suddenly it was a fun headphone.
I have also tried SteelSeries Arctis 3 style ear pads and those open them up even further, although I felt it was more like a vanilla vs banana ice cream compared to the HM5-like cloth pads.

Battery life if decent. Funnily enough, one side of the box said 30 hours, the other says 10 hours. :-D

Comfort is nice even stock. Build is decent for the price. Cups a sort of plasticky, but feel pretty good, if a little thin.

I'm prettty happy with the purchase. I might still try modding them a little, putting some dynamat extreme inside the cups maybe to see where I could get them.

Jan 10, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #5,153 of 7,153
any good bluetooth headphones to consider? i know its not the best audio quality but i really want a BT pair.

thanks in advance

If you get a Bluetooth adapter, you can use it with any headphone :wink:

Jan 10, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #5,155 of 7,153
Jan 10, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #5,156 of 7,153
any good bluetooth headphones to consider? i know its not the best audio quality but i really want a BT pair.

thanks in advance

If budget is no concern, you can try out FiiO's recently released BTA10 for the Audio-Technica ATH-M50X. It basically converts the ATH-M50X (a well-known and excellent headphone) into a Bluetooth pair.
Link:
https://penonaudio.com/fiio-bta10.html

Jan 10, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #5,157 of 7,153
thanks for the comment, I have considered this option but i really want a ''free-cable'' pair. Do you have any recommendation?

Well, what I do is use the Xiaomi Bluetooth adapter.

It's the size of a AA battery, has a built in clip, and also comes with a 3” male to male pigtail. The pigtail is perfect for attaching to headphones. It’s so small and lightweight, you can simply let it dangle. Or in the case of the 1More, you can attach it to the headphone with a tiny piece of Velcro (or a twist tie) - it fits perfectly against the side of the headband adjustment slider.

But if you truly want a cable free bluetooth headphone, I have a few pairs of Bluedios. They are bassy and v shaped, but they have long battery life and are pretty good (some models are much better than others).

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #5,158 of 7,153
Well, what I do is use the Xiaomi Bluetooth adapter.

It's the size of a AA battery, has a built in clip, and also comes with a 3” male to male pigtail. The pigtail is perfect for attaching to headphones. It’s so small and lightweight, you can simply let it dangle. Or in the case of the 1More, you can attach it to the headphone with a tiny piece of Velcro (or a twist tie) - it fits perfectly against the side of the headband adjustment slider.

But if you truly want a cable free bluetooth headphone, I have a few pairs of Bluedios. They are bassy and v shaped, but they have long battery life and are pretty good (some models are much better than others).
do you recommend a bluedio headphone in particular?

Jan 11, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #5,159 of 7,153
Ive heard that Edifier is getting ahead of Bluedio in bluetooth headphones. There are mainly positive reviews about them and many of my buddies have told me that they sound much better than Bluedios.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #5,160 of 7,153

Users who are viewing this thread

Back