1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by slowpickr, Oct 5, 2016.
First

Back
334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343
345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354
Next

Last
  1. ArgBoston
  2. Markolav
    What? Where did you looked for them, they are like $90 on Aliexpress. Pretty much a steal for that money imo.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Hixbot likes this.
  3. Hixbot
    Wow, I had found a bad link, I think. Thanks, I will jump on this.

4. Markolav
    Great, feel free to share your impressions here or on a Msur-thread once youve received them.

5. Nikostr8
    any good bluetooth headphones to consider? i know its not the best audio quality but i really want a BT pair.

thanks in advance

6. ArgBoston
    I'm not very familiar with bluetooth headphones, but the Bluedio's seem to be very popular.

Nikostr8 likes this.
  7. slapo
    I've been using the Eksa ES100 for a while now.

eksa_e100.jpg
    (using an image from the Aliexpress listing I got them from)

With the stock pads (which are actually fairly comfortable), the bass is way too elevated and bloated and just not nice. Otherwise, it would have been OK stock. Pretty wide and deep soundstage. Imaging, not that great.
    So I swapped pads one them. HM5-like cloth pads instantly improved the sound. Soundstage still wide and reasonably deep. Imaging improved, but still nothing to rave about. Bass got... tighter, the bloat was gone and suddenly it was a fun headphone.
    I have also tried SteelSeries Arctis 3 style ear pads and those open them up even further, although I felt it was more like a vanilla vs banana ice cream compared to the HM5-like cloth pads.

Battery life if decent. Funnily enough, one side of the box said 30 hours, the other says 10 hours. :-D

Comfort is nice even stock. Build is decent for the price. Cups a sort of plasticky, but feel pretty good, if a little thin.

I'm prettty happy with the purchase. I might still try modding them a little, putting some dynamat extreme inside the cups maybe to see where I could get them.

Nikostr8 likes this.
  8. Slater
    If you get a Bluetooth adapter, you can use it with any headphone :wink:

HungryPanda, Nikostr8 and slapo like this.
  9. Nikostr8
    thanks for the comment, I have considered this option but i really want a ''free-cable'' pair. Do you have any recommendation?

10. trellus
    Nikostr8 likes this.
  11. Kevang
    If budget is no concern, you can try out FiiO's recently released BTA10 for the Audio-Technica ATH-M50X. It basically converts the ATH-M50X (a well-known and excellent headphone) into a Bluetooth pair.
    Link:
    https://penonaudio.com/fiio-bta10.html

trellus and Nikostr8 like this.
  12. Slater
    Well, what I do is use the Xiaomi Bluetooth adapter.

It's the size of a AA battery, has a built in clip, and also comes with a 3” male to male pigtail. The pigtail is perfect for attaching to headphones. It’s so small and lightweight, you can simply let it dangle. Or in the case of the 1More, you can attach it to the headphone with a tiny piece of Velcro (or a twist tie) - it fits perfectly against the side of the headband adjustment slider.

[​IMG]

But if you truly want a cable free bluetooth headphone, I have a few pairs of Bluedios. They are bassy and v shaped, but they have long battery life and are pretty good (some models are much better than others).

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  13. Nikostr8
    do you recommend a bluedio headphone in particular?

14. Markolav
    Ive heard that Edifier is getting ahead of Bluedio in bluetooth headphones. There are mainly positive reviews about them and many of my buddies have told me that they sound much better than Bluedios.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    trellus, Nikostr8 and Slater like this.
  15. Slater
    They each have their strengths and weaknesses.

T3 or T3 Plus is the best one IMO. It’s all metal, so it’s a little heavy. But it’s also indestructible.

I’d pop over and read through this thread if you want to learn more about each model and their characteristics.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bluedio-impressions-thread.884499/

Nikostr8 likes this.
First

Back
334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343
345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354
Next

Last