Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Dec 15, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #5,116 of 7,153
Couldn't resist for $30. I hope they sound as good as they look!
nlrJ7Sw.jpg

Dec 15, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #5,117 of 7,153
Couldn't resist for $30. I hope they sound as good as they look!
nlrJ7Sw.jpg

Are those open or closed? How do they compare to the L85?

Where did you get them for $30?

Dec 15, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #5,118 of 7,153

I want to know as well for that price. I have a pair already. They are only okay. Amazon recently dropped the price to 50 for these from 90 at least.

Dec 15, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #5,119 of 7,153

These headphones are closed, although I planned on making them open. I haven't tried the L85 due to the mixed reviews. A seller on ebay had them posted for $50, so I sent them an offer for 30 and they accepted it. I haven't had much time to listen to them, but my first impression was these headphones sounded like closed sivgas.

Dec 24, 2018 at 11:49 PM Post #5,120 of 7,153
I was reading a review on the audiofool site today and saw they have a contest for a free pair of Dekoni Blue headphones (Fostex T50RP MKIII).

It doesn't cost anything to sign up, and Blues run like $300!

Nice!

P.S. - I'm not affiliated with audiofool. I just wanted to share the info, since who doesn't like free stuff?

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2018 at 1:57 AM Post #5,122 of 7,153
Dec 26, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #5,123 of 7,153
Does anyone know what earpads work with the 1MORE MK801? I managed to remove the stock ones, which are getting pretty frayed after two years of use.

Dec 26, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #5,124 of 7,153
Can anyone list me the most highly regarded headphones in this thread so i can use the search bar ? I am a bit out of time for so many threads to keep an eye

The only one i have in mind is the bosshifi b8.

I am looking for a closed back to pair with my daily driver, but If the best is semi open, there is no problem.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #5,125 of 7,153
Does anyone know what earpads work with the 1MORE MK801? I managed to remove the stock ones, which are getting pretty frayed after two years of use.

Brainwavz HM5 (Senitek etc) pads fit perfectly, and up the comfort level x1000.

The stock MK801 pads were too small and I wanted to throw them off a cliff after 5 minutes of wearing them.

The cool thing about the MK801 is the HM5 pads fit OVER the stock pads, and they look like they could have some that way stock:

Remember, DON'T remove the stock MK801 pads - leave them on (no matter hoe ratty they look). The HM5 pads completely cover them!

I'm using HM5 hybrid pads (velour/pleather), because I liked the sound the best. But you can use any HM5 pad you want.

Dec 26, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #5,126 of 7,153
Brainwavz HM5 (Senitek etc) pads fit perfectly, and up the comfort level x1000.

The stock MK801 pads were too small and I wanted to throw them off a cliff after 5 minutes of wearing them.

The cool thing about the MK801 is the HM5 pads fit OVER the stock pads, and they look like they could have some that way stock:

Remember, DON'T remove the stock MK801 pads - leave them on (no matter hoe ratty they look). The HM5 pads completely cover them!

I'm using HM5 hybrid pads (velour/pleather), because I liked the sound the best. But you can use any HM5 pad you want.

Much appreciated! I'll just need to dumpster-dive to retrieve the old ones and I'll give these pads a whirl.

Dec 26, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #5,127 of 7,153
Can anyone list me the most highly regarded headphones in this thread so i can use the search bar ? I am a bit out of time for so many threads to keep an eye

I am looking for a closed back to pair with my daily driver, but If the best is semi open, there is no problem.
Its not chifi but it was mentioned in this thread, and I ended up buying them and I really enjoy them so much - Thinksound On2, currently $89 on Mass drop.

Dec 26, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #5,128 of 7,153
Its not chifi but it was mentioned in this thread, and I ended up buying them and I really enjoy them so much - Thinksound On2, currently $89 on Mass drop.

Thx for the suggestion, but i am not into on-ears : /

Dec 26, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #5,129 of 7,153

Closed: Takstar pro 80/ Takstar pro 82/Lyx pro has30 (theres like 5 different rebrands of these)/Status audio CB-1/Brainwavz Hm5
Semi open: Superlux 668b/Bosshifi B7

There's more that I can't remember at the moment, but I hope this helps!

Dec 26, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #5,130 of 7,153
Much appreciated! I'll just need to dumpster-dive to retrieve the old ones and I'll give these pads a whirl.

You can fit some other 3rd party pads after totally removing the stock pads, but it was so long ago I do not remember what fit (pretty sure the Beats Studio 2.0 stick on pads worked). I did experiment with a number of pads (sorry I don't remember).

However, once I discovered that the HM5 pads fit right over everything (including the stock pads), that was the golden ticket because of the ridiculous comfort bump the HM5 pads provided. I seem to remember that I slightly adjusted the clamping force by tweaking the headband, but depending on your head size that may not be an issue.

In any case, I would try to get those stock pads back from the trash it at all possible! Good luck, and let me know how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back