Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Dec 7, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #5,089 of 7,153
Thats a head 'diaper' lol

Sadly, that’s how the majority of the public view audiophiles (big headphone-wearing weirdos).

3C6F708A-9FC0-47EA-9A30-B7148861FD31.jpeg

Dec 8, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #5,093 of 7,153
I have spent the last hour studying this thread and feel i have learned a lot. What a great thread! Thanks everyone.

Aged 58 and a long career in recording studios has knocked my high frequency down significantly

I am auditioning bluetooth noise cancelling headphones for my Hi Res audio passion & walking around in my very noisy city

I have a DAP that can play 192k / 96k 24 bit files that i have big collection of. For the best chance of transmitting the Hi Res to the headphones I can use either LDAC (said to carry up to 96k 24bit) or Aptx HD (48k 24bit) I carefully auditioned them both and I feel LDAC does sound the most spectacular....

Sony WH 1000x M3 are pretty good, their noise cancelling effectively "shut out the city" and they have LDAC but they have way too much sub bass in the 70hz - 100hz region

So I a feeling a mod attempt might be on the cards. To reduce the sub bass (block bass ports?) and to get more presence - (remove foam padding in front of driver)

I wanted to ask - are Sony headphones hard to mod? Things to watch out for? Anyone had had hand to the Sony WH 1000x M3 ?

I have about 4 more pairs to audition arriving this weekend to see if I can get an Aptx HD pair with less issues that need fixing (Bowers & Wilkins Px perhaps?) but I already feel married to the LDAC codec (even with my hearing loss I am able to hear the benefit)

Many thanks

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2018 at 8:46 AM Post #5,094 of 7,153
I have spent the last hour studying this thread and feel i have learned a lot. What a great thread! Thanks everyone.

Aged 58 and a long career in recording studios has knocked my high frequency down significantly

I am auditioning bluetooth noise cancelling headphones for my Hi Res audio passion & walking around in my very noisy city

I have a DAP that can play 192k / 96k 24 bit files that i have big collection of. For the best chance of transmitting the Hi Res to the headphones I can use either LDAC (said to carry up to 96k 24bit) or Aptx HD (48k 24bit) I carefully auditioned them both and I feel LDAC does sound the most spectacular....

Sony WH 1000x M3 are pretty good, their noise cancelling effectively "shut out the city" and they have LDAC but they have way too much sub bass in the 70hz - 100hz region

So I a feeling a mod attempt might be on the cards. To reduce the sub bass (block bass ports?) and to get more presence - (remove foam padding in front of driver)

I wanted to ask - are Sony headphones hard to mod? Things to watch out for? Anyone had had hand to the Sony WH 1000x M3 ?

I have about 4 more pairs to audition arriving this weekend to see if I can get an Aptx HD pair with less issues that need fixing (Bowers & Wilkins Px perhaps?) but I already feel married to the LDAC codec (even with my hearing loss I am able to hear the benefit)

Many thanks
I am so glad you got a Sony over Bose lol
Been hearing alot of good about it lately. Why not try their companion app to change the audio profile.

Dec 8, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #5,095 of 7,153
Why not try their companion app to change the audio profile.

Because the moment the EQ in the app is engaged the LDAC quality is lost. (it reverts to regular Bluetooth 1/3rd the transmission quality)

So then you are left with trying to correct the EQ on a pair of regular bluetooth headphones - not the Hi Res quality you signed up for - bummer!

(I did try it and judged that I was doing more damage to the signal than good..)

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2018 at 11:11 PM Post #5,096 of 7,153
Dec 9, 2018 at 11:33 PM Post #5,097 of 7,153
I'm sorry--but that looks like people are wearing a toilet seat on their heads.

I'm shocked 189 people have actually paid money for the privilege to walk around with this monstrosity!

Dec 9, 2018 at 11:40 PM Post #5,098 of 7,153
Last edited:
Dec 9, 2018 at 11:52 PM Post #5,099 of 7,153

Users who are viewing this thread

Back