Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Jan 16, 2019 at 1:29 AM Post #5,176 of 7,153
Jan 16, 2019 at 2:37 AM Post #5,177 of 7,153
Unfortunately, I need a good deal of bass.
Any other suggestions?

I did want to mention that the only weak link with regards to the build of the MDH9000 is the hinge. And that can be bullet-proofed with about $0.25 worth of epoxy.

Unless you are referring to some other durability issue?

Also, the MDH9000 uses universal pads - nothing proprietary like a lot of headphones. That allows you to get 3rd party pads in any material including sheepskin.

Jan 16, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #5,178 of 7,153
I did want to mention that the only weak link with regards to the build of the MDH9000 is the hinge. And that can be bullet-proofed with about $0.25 worth of epoxy.

Unless you are referring to some other durability issue?
No, that is the durability issue that I am talking about.
I don't feel comfortable taking apart my headphones, so that's why I'm looking for recommendations for an upgrade.
Also, the MDH9000 uses universal pads - nothing proprietary like a lot of headphones. That allows you to get 3rd party pads in any material including sheepskin.
Yes, I'm aware of that.
wink.png

Jan 17, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #5,179 of 7,153
Looks like the Sivga SV007 has a new cousin with some upgrades. KLH Audio Ultimate One
KLH-Audio-Ultimate-One-classic-headphones-copy-193x300.jpg

KLH-Ultimate-One.jpg

"The KLH Audio Ultimate One Open-Air Dynamic Headphones are as much of a statement as they are a solution. This is a $500 pair of headphones vs. sub-$100 (SIVGA). While I’m sure the SIVGA sound good, the KLH are much more advanced in sound and comfort. KLH wants these to be the headphones you keep forever.

The ear cups of the KLH Ultimate One are solid ebony wood (and legally harvested to boot!). Not only do they look awesome, but according to KLH Audio Chief Technology Officer Steven Howell, the extremely hard construction of ebony wood goes a long way in eliminating / reducing resonances.

The KLH earpads and headbands are much higher-quality than the SIVGA too.

KLH opted to use Sheepskin in any areas that come in contact with the skin (or scalp). This is because sheepskin doesn’t distress from human oils.

The company also opted to use premium grade cow leather on the areas subject to sunlight – namely the outer edges of the ear pads and headbands. The cow leather ages very nicely. In contrast, the SIVGA uses polyurethane.

The foam in the KLH ear pad is more advanced too. SIVGA uses a single stage, where KLH uses a dual stage: its outer round is a softer more pliable cushion, and its inside is stiffer. This is less resistant to collapse or compression, meaning better fit, and longevity.

The actual air cups of the KLH are 10mm bigger in diameter than SIVGA, and there are substantial driver differences too. The SIVGA uses a dusted diaphragm design, i.e. dusted with beryllium where the KLH driver is 1) higher beryllium content and 2) has a more advanced coil (32-ohm) with higher-current capability than SIVGA. This makes the driver faster, more compliant, not as brittle sounding.

The input cable to the KLH headphone is a Silver Litz cable, where SIVGA is not.

Let me know if I can answer anything else! - Paul Muto, PR for KLH Audio"

Funny to read this. I had exactly the same reaction.

But the $$ is just slightly different (ie, 5-6X more expensive for the KLH than Sivga).

Jan 20, 2019 at 3:38 AM Post #5,180 of 7,153
Last edited:
Jan 20, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #5,181 of 7,153
Jan 22, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #5,183 of 7,153
Any decent chi-fi over ear headphones under $50 which can be used as studio monitors? One of my friends is looking for a pair monitors but is on a tight budget. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #5,184 of 7,153
Guys, I really need a pair of bluetooths--had a decent pair I got a year ago the power input doesn't seem to work! And, I can't exactly afford to put down over 50$ for a quality pair.

Are there any really good stand outs? The pair I had felt like a dream to wear and was noise cancelling, plus seem to have ok noise isolation. The amount of options on the site are very overwhelming.

Jan 26, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #5,185 of 7,153
Guys, I really need a pair of bluetooths--had a decent pair I got a year ago the power input doesn't seem to work! And, I can't exactly afford to put down over 50$ for a quality pair.

Are there any really good stand outs? The pair I had felt like a dream to wear and was noise cancelling, plus seem to have ok noise isolation. The amount of options on the site are very overwhelming.

Bluedio TMS is a good one for ~$25 and Ausdom A07/A08 both are good under $50

Jan 26, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #5,186 of 7,153
Bluedio TMS is a good one for ~$25 and Ausdom A07/A08 both are good under $50
Actually I just grabbed them before anyone said anything...I was gonna wait for feedback but then realized that most of the ones would ship from China. So I filtered it and scanned through the list of those that could ship from my country, and there was one pair that felt like it'd be a good choice, this one. Thanks for the vote of confidence though; it felt like an impulse buy because I wanted them ASAP.

I will probably compare the sound to my wired Bluedios--might be interesting. Oh, and also the comfort factor. The wired pairs are extremely tight for some reason and I'm a small-headed girl.

Edit: Wait what's the difference between the TM and TMS?

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #5,187 of 7,153
Actually I just grabbed them before anyone said anything...I was gonna wait for feedback but then realized that most of the ones would ship from China. So I filtered it and scanned through the list of those that could ship from my country, and there was one pair that felt like it'd be a good choice, this one. Thanks for the vote of confidence though; it felt like an impulse buy because I wanted them ASAP.

I will probably compare the sound to my wired Bluedios--might be interesting. Oh, and also the comfort factor. The wired pairs are extremely tight for some reason and I'm a small-headed girl.

Edit: Wait what's the difference between the TM and TMS?

Anything with an “S” is like the 2nd revision, where they fix problems and update stuff they screwed up initially. So always get the S when you have a choice between the non-S and the S version.

Jan 26, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #5,189 of 7,153
I think that in the case of the TM vs TMS, they have added active noise cancelling to the latter.

Well, if that’s the case you’re not missing anything. Bluedio’s ANC implementation is totally useless (on their full size headphone offerings at least).

I wouldn’t pay a penny more for the ANC feature, assuming everything else was the same (which I’m not sure if there are any other differences between TM & TMS).

Jan 28, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #5,190 of 7,153
I think that in the case of the TM vs TMS, they have added active noise cancelling to the latter.
Muffs have been more comfortable and if I'm not wrong then it doesn't have any buttons. Not sure about buttons bit though.

Edit - corrected spelling

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back