Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Oct 27, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #2,416 of 7,153
You can keep it and enjoy it lmao, music is subjective.
To me they are just not for me and not worth it at all.

https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/brands-a-i/amiron/

A nice link here with a CSD showing a resonance at 4.5k which looks to be pretty annoying, and a V shaped sound signature once again.

Have you heard them? I trust my ears more than I trust graphs and charts. In fact, I avoid looking at them. Some people seem to worship them.

from the link you posted:

The shape of your head, bone structure, pad size, pad ‘softness, (compliance), hair or no hair and or wearing glasses may (drastically) change the frequency response of some headphones, so… your personal experience may differ substantially from these plots.

Oct 27, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #2,417 of 7,153
Just because you like V-shaped sound signatures that can be had in headphones for $100 and others are paying $1100 doesn't mean they are worth it.
There are lots of gullible people paying $10000 for a DAC that literally sounds the same as a $500 product... there are plenty of $1000+ DAC's using the same exact chips and layouts as $150 DAC's.... But people are buying it and making wild claims.
Welcome to the world of audiophiles, where people pay for no gains but swear there are gains because money was spent.

Much of it depends on the engineering but 99.9% of the time, expensive high-end audio is far superior thus totally worth it. I can tell you as a fact that not all Beyerdynamics are "v-shaped"..
My T70 is the most neutral headphone i've ever heard!..

Why do so many Head-Fiers make such premature judgements?! It's actually hillarious..

Oct 27, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #2,418 of 7,153
Much of it depends on the engineering but 99.9% of the time, expensive high-end audio is far superior thus totally worth it. I can tell you as a fact that not all Beyerdynamics are "v-shaped"..
My T70 is the most neutral headphone i've ever heard!..

Why do so many Head-Fiers make such premature judgements?! It's actually hillarious..

https://www.innerfidelity.com/images/BeyerdynamicT70250Ohm.pdf

^ Semi Neutral

Although

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/beyer-dynamic-t70-barely-a-beyer-review.627197/

Looks to be a headphone that has poorly matched drivers / very sketchy pads. I just looked through 5 different sources with 5 different types of frequency responses especially with people saying that the pads have to have force applied to sound good or they have heavily recessed highs.

If you take a look at the top PDF you can see the isolation vs frequency graph which is the overall problem with this. Its not the case with most headphones these days.

What I find is that alot of the available information on headphones in terms of how they sound to different people, the different amps with different output impedances used, etc are basically all related to these oldschool German companies like Beyer and Senn which make drivers and headphones that have poor pads/finicky pads and drivers which can be poorly matched (seems to be more a beyer thing) or headphones whos frequencies drastically change with different output impedance from amps. Even most of the "need" for amps comes from these brands too (and somewhat HifiMan) because many headphones these days can be fully driven with portable sources not requiring external amps.

When you look at Oppo, Denon, 1More, mrspeakers, Panasonic... you find relatively the opposite of what I have just described. I am not going to speak for more brands since those are the brands of headphones I own and have researched the most.
I did try a pair of Beyers (DT770 32 ohm) but I mailed it back because of the poor SQ.

Oct 27, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #2,419 of 7,153
So now I have the M1060 coming and the Pioneer HRM6 coming. I need to get some more peg board /sigh

On a chi-fi note.. looks like those LIEDCHEN Mark IIIs have a variant out there now.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NUB...Headband-For-PC-Laptop-Black/32737795791.html

For $26 in silver with a boom mic is tempting...

Although I'm trying to figure out why the headphones fart.

HTB1c6V8NpXXXXX.XXXXq6xXFXXXU.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #2,420 of 7,153

No that is wrong...the high's are not recessed at all. They are clear, crisp and extremely accurate.

One thing I learned a few years ago is to not trust graphs at all...
They only serve as a guide..though not a very good one.

As Linn (high end audio manufacture) say; Just listen...

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #2,421 of 7,153
So now I have the M1060 coming and the Pioneer HRM6 coming. I need to get some more peg board /sigh

On a chi-fi note.. looks like those LIEDCHEN Mark IIIs have a variant out there now.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NUB...Headband-For-PC-Laptop-Black/32737795791.html

For $26 in silver with a boom mic is tempting...

Hope you enjoy the 6's, I highly enjoy them with HM5 Angled Pads, increases bass & isolation. I think I posted it the other day but my boss may be buying them off me and that money will allow me to keep the L-85 which I highly enjoy. If he doesn't want them then the L-85 will go back, bc while I do highly enjoy them and their sig I already have the 400i & 9500S for open backs.

Oct 27, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #2,422 of 7,153
Can we all stop being idiots and accept the fact that different tastes means different value systems? You're all different, like different music, different sound signatures, and a thousand other examples.
In regards to that point about tastes and value systems....for me personally I don't think ANY closed back headphone would be my favorite because I ALWAYS prefer open and semi open headphones. (except for hip hop....Hip hop needs closed back headphones.)
So, I can respect the person saying they compare their MM400s to TOTL headphones because that's how they sound to them.....but I also am PERSONALLY inclined to disagree with their premise...because I KNOW I prefer the sound of whatever you want to call the open backed competitors of the MM400: Massdrop AKG 7xx or HD 6XX or Fidelio X2 ....I honestly don't know what exactly would be an analogue for the Denons, my point is, I would probably pick 4 out of five semi open backed competitors over the Denons.....(and I want a set of those Denons, don't get me wrong, from the way people describe them, I bet I'd like them)
but Sassy has a point, who cares?
to use a metaphor, it's as if I started going on about how the best fruit is cantaloupe not apples.....and you are like, "hunh, this cantaloupe dude is pretty convincing..." but it turns out, I am basing this judgement on the fact that Cantaloupes have denser, more liquid filled flesh per pound....and you realize, I'm kind of a lunatic, and we don't have the same rationale for buying fruit at all, you just care how it tastes...
Why on earth would you then go on to argue with me about which is the bestest fruit?

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #2,424 of 7,153
I am looking for open to semi-open headphones within 100. Samson, Superlux or Somic sounds interesting. But no brand preference really.

Please share your hearings, guys. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 28, 2017 at 6:25 AM Post #2,425 of 7,153
Oct 28, 2017 at 6:28 AM Post #2,426 of 7,153
Oct 28, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #2,428 of 7,153
Which one of you outbid me on eBay on LyxPro Has-30? :) I'm actually super sad right now. :triportsad: Couldn't bid any higher because the shipping was £21. On the other hand, someone from UK was really happy with his new set of headphones for £24 + ~£4 shipping cost.

Oct 28, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #2,429 of 7,153
Which one of you outbid me on eBay on LyxPro Has-30? :) I'm actually super sad right now. :triportsad: Couldn't bid any higher because the shipping was £21. On the other hand, someone from UK was really happy with his new set of headphones for £24 + ~£4 shipping cost.

It was not me. Sorry you are sad:frowning2:

Oct 28, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #2,430 of 7,153
aaaahhhhh now I see. LOL He did not show us a "graph" but he did show us a photo. I was confused because I do think I read in a thread once where someone said the bass was farting.

Yah the link to the headphone on aliexpress has pictures of that liedchen knock off headphone. One of those pictures looks like the headphone is farting. Complete with mosaic censorship as if it's a particularly dirty fart. I was a bit perplexed at that photo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back