Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Feb 8, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #631 of 7,153

Saw these pop up on my Aliexpress feed the other day and the reviews swayed me into trying a pair. Although they're unbranded in the listing and photographs, a user review shows a brand like SNSLY on the outside of the cups. Can't say i've ever heard of them but the reviews are all tremendously positive so I thought I'd give them a try. Will let you know once they arrive.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Music-Earphone-High-Quality-Double-Moving-Coil-Over-head-HiFi-Plug-In-Earphones-Stereo-Big-Horn/1820856_32758290125.html

Feb 8, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #632 of 7,153
well, since my takstar pro 80 seemed to self disintegrate i needed another cheaper set i could fall asleep with (and later break). I decided to try takstar again with the TS-671 . I dont have a open headphone at the time and i have read these have good soundstage, anyone tried them.

Was going for the isk 9999 but I have enough closed cans, and I want a large soundstage.

Feb 8, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #633 of 7,153
  Oh, that's endgame for sure. Unfortunately I can't really seem to find some good planars in Europe, shipping from overseas is out of the question with stuff like that.

Are you absolutely sure about shipping? This isn't Massdrop we're talking about...Zach (the man who owns ZMF Headphones) is a straight-ahead, honest business owner. He'd tell you exactly what it costs to ship a completed set of Ori's from Chicago area to Italy--no insane/arbitrary mark-ups.

No doubt shipping would cost more than it did for me in NY State. But even if it's $30-$40 more, that's not an impossible situation IMO (obviously I don't know your money situation).

Feb 8, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #634 of 7,153
After a long deliberation, i finally pulled the trigger on the ISK HP2011. Now the waiting game begins.....

Feb 8, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #635 of 7,153

Saw these pop up on my Aliexpress feed the other day and the reviews swayed me into trying a pair. Although they're unbranded in the listing and photographs, a user review shows a brand like SNSLY on the outside of the cups. Can't say i've ever heard of them but the reviews are all tremendously positive so I thought I'd give them a try. Will let you know once they arrive.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Music-Earphone-High-Quality-Double-Moving-Coil-Over-head-HiFi-Plug-In-Earphones-Stereo-Big-Horn/1820856_32758290125.html
those look nice

Feb 8, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #636 of 7,153

The black ones are so tempting! I'm a sucker for these "truck tire" earpad designs.

Can't wait to hear your comments on these headphones.

I absolutely don't need another pair of headphones...but if you say good things about them, and they're not treble cannons, I might not be able to resist ($39.10 shipped to US!).

Feb 8, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #637 of 7,153
I personally own and use Takstar TS-671 which i'm very satisfied with. I also have Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro 250 ohm, AKG K701, Shure SRH 940 and Sony SA5000. TS-671 is the most neutral, the most revealing of them all which is very surprising for a relatively unknown brand. They also have the largest, widest soundstage of them all(even K701). They, however, lost slightly in dynamic response in comparison with DT880 and also lost slightly in instrument separation against K701. But it's only very slightly. If the Beyer and AKG is the 100% standard, the Takstar is 87% there. I bet that if i live in a world where i have not known and used the other headphones i have mentioned before i get TS-671, i will most likely stick with the Takstar and wouldn't care about them.

Too bad that Takstar's distribution is fairly limited in my country so i can't recommend them enough.

Wow, where can I buy this? Are the HD6000 even better?
Quote:

Are you absolutely sure about shipping? This isn't Massdrop we're talking about...Zach (the man who owns ZMF Headphones) is a straight-ahead, honest business owner. He'd tell you exactly what it costs to ship a completed set of Ori's from Chicago area to Italy--no insane/arbitrary mark-ups.

No doubt shipping would cost more than it did for me in NY State. But even if it's $30-$40 more, that's not an impossible situation IMO (obviously I don't know your money situation).

I'm more worried about the customs markup rather than the shipping

Feb 8, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #638 of 7,153

These interest me enough to try to figure out what they are. The brand name is JZGSHARK. Found their webpage, on which a whole series off oddly designed and highly colorful headphones appear.

This model is the best-looking of their "Music and Communication Headphones." It's called the "Over-head Music Headphone BL-T20":
http://www.gsharkgame.com/en/product/product-54-614.html

Apparently the headphone comes w/a single 1.2M cord whose color matches that of the headphones. 1.2M is way too short for me...but if the picture below could be believed, it wouldn't matter, since the end that plugs into the left earcup appears to be a standard (not proprietary/locking) 3.5mm plug--easy to replace w/better, more substantial aftermarket cables (I have 3-4 of them ready to roll).

These look sooo interesting...

Professional-Flagship-HIFI-Fever-Earphone-High-Quality-Over-Head-Music-Headset-High-End-Pure-Sound-Earphones.jpg

Feb 8, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #639 of 7,153
@Nachash : I'm afraid I cannot help you to find one. I got mine from a local audio store. Not sure where else can I get another pair.
No. They are too different. The driver is just as big but HD6000 is closed back. TS-671 is open. HD6000 is basically made for DJ-ing. TS-671 is more to be listened through your home stereo system. Soundwise, HD6000 is obviously coloured and bassy(on their own, not in comparison with TS-671). They are far darker, less-detailed and more musical than TS-671. The soundstage is nothing special too(not bad, far from bad. But it isn't as distinct as it is with TS-671)while the other one is known for their very large soundstage. I can't say they are better than TS-671 but you'll probably like them more since TS-671 is very neutral and kind of too analytical. HD6000 is somewhat v-shaped, more fun. Also that in Takstar case, TS series is above the HD series.

Feb 9, 2017 at 12:34 AM Post #640 of 7,153

These interest me enough to try to figure out what they are. The brand name is JZGSHARK. Found their webpage, on which a whole series off oddly designed and highly colorful headphones appear.

This model is the best-looking of their "Music and Communication Headphones." It's called the "Over-head Music Headphone BL-T20":
http://www.gsharkgame.com/en/product/product-54-614.html

Apparently the headphone comes w/a single 1.2M cord whose color matches that of the headphones. 1.2M is way too short for me...but if the picture below could be believed, it wouldn't matter, since the end that plugs into the left earcup appears to be a standard (not proprietary/locking) 3.5mm plug--easy to replace w/better, more substantial aftermarket cables (I have 3-4 of them ready to roll).

These look sooo interesting...

Professional-Flagship-HIFI-Fever-Earphone-High-Quality-Over-Head-Music-Headset-High-End-Pure-Sound-Earphones.jpg

some more pics here   

The box it comes in looks very similar to the yenona one with styling and graphics

Feb 9, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #641 of 7,153

some more pics here   

The box it comes in looks very similar to the yenona one with styling and graphics

You're right about the box being similar to the Yenona's. Also to the Status Audio CB-1's (which I have F.S.).

IMO the colors other than black are kind of insane (to me, the black version is weirdly attractive). But everybody has their own opinion about such things.

Feb 9, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #642 of 7,153
Feb 9, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #643 of 7,153

Seems like that much aluminium alone should be worth the admission price. 
tongue.gif
 Seriously though, the build quality looks great. A little unusual that the opening in the earpads is so small. These look very interesting.

Feb 9, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #644 of 7,153
To me it actually looks like plastic beside the hinges and the direkt backside of the housing. 
I really like this style of headphones since I've come across the B&O H6 (even though it's quite different in the end and will be nowhere near that quality 
redface.gif
 )
The thing for me is, will they be better than the HP2011, that's the dealbreaker for me. But I think not many will have heard both.

Feb 9, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #645 of 7,153
  Seems like that much aluminium alone should be worth the admission price. 
tongue.gif
 Seriously though, the build quality looks great. A little unusual that the opening in the earpads is so small. These look very interesting.

The smaller earpad opening reminds me of the Philips Citiscape Downtown headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back