Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Oct 22, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #4,744 of 7,153
The M2 is an on ear. They aren't going to make them princess leia bun size. I have no idea how you can define it as either masculine or otherwise.

I am confused. I thought from the photos that the M2 was over ear like the ZX1...which has huge pads.

Oct 22, 2018 at 7:27 PM Post #4,745 of 7,153
Oct 22, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #4,746 of 7,153
Oct 22, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #4,748 of 7,153
Comparison OKCSC M2 and Nighthawk
20181022_195658.jpg

Oct 22, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #4,749 of 7,153
LOL, it's an on ear and not an over the ear. Comparing size is silly. Calling it feminine because it's designed to be an on-ear is equally silly at best. All on ear headphones are going to be roughly that size.

Now for the sound. The Nighthawks and the Grado + grado clones have as opposite of a sound signature as you can get. The Nighthawks are all mid-bass hump. Very dark, muffled, and most feel their clarity/detail is severely lacking. However, if you are used to those, then the Grado sound is going to be very bright, shrill, and sibilant by comparison. Those two are about as night and day different as you can get.

Oct 22, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #4,750 of 7,153
Oct 22, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #4,752 of 7,153
Have you spent time with a Nighthawk? A fully burned in one? If not, you have no idea.

I didn't call them that is what I originally meant to type. It's a sound signature many though have statement. I had meant to say that those comments are what others have stated of their sound, including DMS, Tyll, and other headphone reviewers with measuring equipment. Speaking of DMS, he just also did a full burn-in 200 hour test with them and measured their response curve. Which only slightly smoothed out the treble but the overall sound signature remained the same.

I can't comment on their sound personally as I have never heard them. I have heard the M2's though.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2018 at 11:13 PM Post #4,753 of 7,153
LOL, it's an on ear and not an over the ear. Comparing size is silly. Calling it feminine because it's designed to be an on-ear is equally silly at best. All on ear headphones are going to be roughly that size.

Now for the sound. The Nighthawks and the Grado + grado clones have as opposite of a sound signature as you can get. The Nighthawks are all mid-bass hump. Very dark, muffled, and most feel their clarity/detail is severely lacking. However, if you are used to those, then the Grado sound is going to be very bright, shrill, and sibilant by comparison. Those two are about as night and day different as you can get.
Silly and silly........?!
It is matter of explaining not insulting when someone lacking information about Grado which I should know to engage this thread?

Make this place decent

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #4,754 of 7,153
Silly and silly........?!
It is matter of explaining not insulting when someone lacking information about Grado which I should know to engage this thread?

Make this place decent

By assigning gender attributes, which some people that includes me finds somewhat sexist, you are the one being offended when I said that such an description is silly? That was polite on my part. By ascribing the headphone traits such as you did and those are traits you dont like because they are "feminine" and not "masculine" in your words isn't being a little silly? Next time try saying that you find them too small and "cute" for your tastes instead if you want keep this place "decent"

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #4,755 of 7,153
I regret buying it, which on ear, small shy, and thin.
As I said, I love the ZX1 so far. It's bright, really detailed and very immersive on high volumes. Singers whispering in my ear, great definition and placing.

What is your favorite affordable headphone, by comparison?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back