Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Jun 10, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #3,976 of 7,153
Jun 10, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #3,977 of 7,153
After having spent some more time with the OKCSC M2 open backs, I still like them. Maybe even more so now than when I got them.
It turns out that using a 3.5mm to 2x2.5mm cable (I'm using one for SOL Republic headphones) with 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapters works a treat. I'm listening to music using this combination right now.

More about their sound: there seems to be some bass emphasis, but it doesn't seem to bloom upwards. I'd say the mids and highs are very clear regardless of whether the bass is kicking in or not.
After comparing them with the Shure SRH-1840 I have, I can tell the 1840 is the better headphone. It has more details, but because of the larger soundstage, it seems a little laid back, even though it isn't really so. Imaging is better on the Shure, too, but the M2 is OK there.
In fact, I'd say there's barely any soundstage on the OKCSC M2 OB, but they seem to be even more open than the 1840 and sort of seem to 'breathe'. Probably because while the Shure tunes the noises from the surroundings down a bit (though not much), the M2 less so.
I think that's why they sound so natural to me - because the imaging is OK, sounds seem to be coming from just outside the cups.
However, putting pads on top of the foamies that are on it does fun things to the sound.
Putting protein leather angled pads on increases bass and there seems to be more soundstage and depth to sounds. However, it does bring treble and mids down a bit, more so than velour pads. It's still OK, but I prefer both as they are stock, though.
Putting 95x90mm velour pads doesn't affect the sound much (maybe brings the treble down just a tiny bit) and increases comfort somewhat, although I would say they are comfortable stock despite being on-ears because they weigh hardly anything.
Other pads I tried weren't quite as good, presumably because the ear-driver distance was greater then with the fist two pads mentioned. Those keep my ears just above the drivers.

Jun 10, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #3,978 of 7,153
So I was playing around a bit with the B7 this morning and thought I'd share some pictures of its internals in case anyone is interested:

As you can see in the third picture I've added some pieces of Dynamat extreme to reduce reflections/resonance and it works really well making the sound a bit more balanced and clean (this was easily noticeable comparing the sides before doing the second one) at the cost of a touch of the weight the bloom added. Some might actually enjoy them more with that bloom (I'm unsure of what I prefer myself), I'm going to use them a while with the Dynamat to make up my mind about what I prefer.

Last picture are the stock pads from mine. No wonder they sounded terrible, there's hardly any opening left on them ha ha.

I'm now using round BW velour pads on them but the fit is slightly lose, any suggestions for similar pads but a bit smaller would be great.

Wow, that's a ridiculously small opening.

Those teardown photos look identical to my Sivga SV007, with a few minor differences:
  1. Totally different drivers
  2. Similar pads, but with a "normal" opening
  3. Beefier/better screws
  4. No plastic pegs embedded in the wood - the screw holes for the cup face are drilled directly into the wood rim. I understand why the went with the superior plastic inserts though - the wood strips very easily (even after disassembling 1 single time), whereas the plastic can handle infinite assembly/disassembly cycles (theoretically, if done carefully).

So far I have only looked inside of my SV007 - I haven't done any mods yet.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2018 at 9:25 PM Post #3,980 of 7,153
The sivga I have don't have those plastic inserts either. Neither do the bosshifi ones. That is a much nicer internal build.

Would be easy to add with just a Dremel tool. In fact, you could use aluminum posts instead (change over to machine thread screws). Or plastic posts like that would be easy as well. Just drill out the holes in the wooden cups using a cylindrical grinding bit, and glue the new posts in place.

Jun 13, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #3,982 of 7,153
Jun 13, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #3,983 of 7,153
Now they’re starting to creep into a tougher price bracket, $160 can buy some good headphones.

That Archgon Delicato that is $74 on Amazon.com is £150 on Amazon UK. That is equivent to $200!

Jun 13, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #3,984 of 7,153
Now they’re starting to creep into a tougher price bracket, $160 can buy some good headphones.
Off the top of my head, HE4xx, Beyer 880, Fidelio L2 are all in that range....I know there are probably 5 other excellent headphones in that range that I am not mentioning...makes it impossible to justify the price, for me anyway.

Jun 13, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #3,985 of 7,153
That Archgon Delicato that is $74 on Amazon.com is £150 on Amazon UK. That is equivent to $200!
Yes the sad side to live in europe and be an audophile :frowning2:

Jun 13, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #3,986 of 7,153
Which are the best chinese Headphones in the 100 usd price range?

Jun 13, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #3,987 of 7,153
Which are the best chinese Headphones in the 100 usd price range?

The SIVGAs are pretty good (I have the black, closed back SV002). They are a bit bright at first, but then begin to relax after 8-10 hours.

As you noted, the Archgons, but they are way more on Amazon UK, which is likely due to various taxes & tariffs.

For wireless under $100, I think the new Bluedio U2 sounds really good. I just purchased them as a "fun" headphone, so be aware, they are NOT studio monitors or anywhere near an accurate sound. They are heavily colored, primarily in the bass regions.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #3,988 of 7,153
The SIVGAs are pretty good (I have the black, closed back SV007). They are a bit bright at first, but then begin to relax after 8-10 hours.

As you noted, the Archgons, but they are way more on Amazon UK, which is likely due to various taxes & tariffs.

For wireless under $100, I think the new Bluedio U2 sounds really good. I just purchased them as a "fun" headphone, so be aware, they are NOT studio monitors or anywhere near an accurate sound. They are heavily colored, primarily in the bass regions.
I see 3 Sivga sv007 Half open then 2 closed back sv006 and closed sv003, which of them is the best?

Jun 13, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #3,989 of 7,153
I see 3 Sivga sv007 Half open then 2 closed back sv006 and closed sv003, which of them is the best?
I've only tried the closed, but then again, I'm not a fan of open headphones. I just don't have enough quiet space around me for them to excel. Sorry, I meant I have the SV002, not SV007.

Some of the other users on here seem to like the SV007.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back