1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by slowpickr, Oct 5, 2016.
First

Back
255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264
266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275
Next

Last
  1. hifi80sman
    I haven’t had any issues with the SV002 so far. I wonder if there was a bad build run or if it’s part of a design/material flaw.

2. Slater
    Yup, the build quality of hinges and headbands weighs very heavily when I am choosing headphones. I'm sure it stems from my nightclub DJ days, where you absolutely needed indestructible bombproof cans.

Sennheiser HD630VB (solid aluminum and stainless steel construction):
    MD-27563_20161007135348_7e36eabc859eeb41.jpg

Philips A5 Pro (solid aluminum and stainless steel construction):
    a5projpg.jpg

1More H1707 (solid aluminum and stainless steel construction):
    metal-slider.jpg

1More MK801 (indestructible titanium headband):
    ky_mk801-03.jpg

There's no worse feeling in your stomach than having a headphone snap in 2 that you've been babying since day 1.

Even if the sound of a 'bombproof' headphone isn't perfect, that can often be solved with a driver swap or tuning mods.

But flimsy headbands, fragile hinges, and paper thin materials are always going to be a problem, as it's a fundamental design issue. Just like the story of the 3 little pigs - do you want the house made of straw, sticks, or bricks?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    trellus likes this.
  3. hifi80sman
    Sounds like the premise for a new television series.

Servicer: Walkman (The Untold Story)

Pharmaboy and slapo like this.
  4. Humblepie
    Aluminum for coke can's isn't very sturdy, but I'm not ripping them in half bare handed either. Nor are most people. My guns are made with aluminum and so are many parts of planes too. They don't tend to sheer and break.

The headband on all my sets are fairly thick. Way thicker than the wall on a can of soda. While it could happen, even with steel, I don't see the headbands on those headphones sheering any time soon. I will say that with everything you can potentially buy, there is going to be duds. Sucks when it happens, but what makes a good company from a crappy company is how they handle their duds. Pretty sure Sivga isn't going to tell Adide their headphones broke because they were holding them wrong in the picture :) (aka apple with their 4s)

5. Slater
    I had a few favorites that had 3 (and even 5) band EQ sliders, as well as cool features like auto reverse flipping, loudness switch, etc.

Ah, the good ol' days.

hifi80sman likes this.
  6. Saoshyant
    Sadly they'd probably cast a hipster trying to get his turntable fixed.

hifi80sman likes this.
  7. Pharmaboy
    "Tapes go round in circles...

So does 'Servicer: Walkman' "

hifi80sman likes this.
  8. Slater
    I know, I wasn't trying to imply the Sivga headband was a thin as a Coke can.

What I meant was that steel is 2.5-3xs stronger than aluminum, in every regard (tensile strength, shear strength ductility, etc). A 1mm thick stainless headband will take all the punishment you can throw at it. A 1mm aluminum headband will not fare as well. I'd rather have the steel one (or titanium would be even better).

I'm sure I just got a dud. But if I get another pair I will treat it with kid gloves (even more than I usually do).

9. hifi80sman
    Haha! Love it! I think we just made a little magic here! Pitching to the networks on Monday!

Pharmaboy likes this.
  10. Adide
    Hi there.
    Actually I've had a case of broken hinge - the thing that connects the yokes to the headband permitting cup pivoting.
    Good to know about the other case you discovered as well.
    Cheers.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    Slater likes this.
  11. JediMa70
    I was looking on aliexepress and I found these ASD Originale MSUR N350, how do they sound?

12. ThinkerMakerDIYer
    Great to know another B7 user as me. I get one and MODing it with better dynamic drivers, will share a review and MOD soon.

Slater likes this.
  13. peter123
    So I was playing around a bit with the B7 this morning and thought I'd share some pictures of its internals in case anyone is interested:

20180610_122037.jpg 20180610_122052.jpg 20180610_123303.jpg 20180610_124315.jpg

As you can see in the third picture I've added some pieces of Dynamat extreme to reduce reflections/resonance and it works really well making the sound a bit more balanced and clean (this was easily noticeable comparing the sides before doing the second one) at the cost of a touch of the weight the bloom added. Some might actually enjoy them more with that bloom (I'm unsure of what I prefer myself), I'm going to use them a while with the Dynamat to make up my mind about what I prefer.

Last picture are the stock pads from mine. No wonder they sounded terrible, there's hardly any opening left on them ha ha.

I'm now using round BW velour pads on them but the fit is slightly lose, any suggestions for similar pads but a bit smaller would be great.

hifi80sman, trellus, Slater and 3 others like this.
  14. ThinkerMakerDIYer
    I'm actually doing much more aggressively - to replace the dynamic drivers to different models, and fundamentally change the character... better start a new thread and not get overwhelmed...

15. peter123
    Sounds interesting, good luck :)

I was also thinking about replacing the drivers if I didn't like them but I honestly see no reason to do so other than to try something different. As always YMMV.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
First

Back
255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264
266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275
Next

Last