Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Jun 14, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #4,006 of 7,153
It appears Monoprice has jumped into the B7/SV005/Kinden (etc) rebranding game with their own version. I think they look great as an open backed version as opposed to a semi-open. I was thinking about opening the cups up more on my Kinden, I like the sound of them, but I prefer a more open spacious sound. Has anyone had a chance to check them out yet?
monolith 650.jpg

Jun 14, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #4,007 of 7,153
I can only find these ones, https://www.amazon.it/Monoprice-108...qid=1528997327&sr=8-1&keywords=monoprice+8323 I dont know if they are the same

Meizu HD50 look very nice more than portability I just prefer that are low oHm

Those monoprice 8323 are the ones I was talking about. The stock earpads are bleh, but they are very good sounding. They are an Inner-Fidelity wall of fame headphone. https://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelitys-wall-fame-over-ear-sealed

They do sound very good. Despite being a plastic build, they are also very rugged. For an inexpensive portable headphone solution there isnt many better. The LyxHas Pro 30 are better in sound quality by a bit in my opinion, but they are still a very big headphone.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #4,008 of 7,153
Those monoprice 8323 are the ones I was talking about. The stock earpads are bleh, but they are very good sounding. The are a Inner-Fidelity wall of fame headphone. https://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelitys-wall-fame-over-ear-sealed

They do sound very good. Despite being a plastic build, they are also very rugged. For an inexpensive portable headphone solution there isnt many better. The LyxHas Pro 30 are better in sound quality by a bit in my opinion, but they are still a very big headphone.
ty!

Jun 14, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #4,009 of 7,153
Oh come on you don't like challenges? :p It's not so hard to mention the right compromise in a price range.. (er.. maybe it is.. but well otherways where is the fun in this search?) :p

Sennheiser HD 471
Koss PortaPro
Sennheiser HD231G

Also maybe consider some earbuds. There are many that sound amazing, and are obviously very portable.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #4,010 of 7,153
Jun 14, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #4,011 of 7,153
It appears Monoprice has jumped into the B7/SV005/Kinden (etc) rebranding game with their own version. I think they look great as an open backed version as opposed to a semi-open. I was thinking about opening the cups up more on my Kinden, I like the sound of them, but I prefer a more open spacious sound. Has anyone had a chance to check them out yet?
They actually seem to have two version, M600 and M650. The latter is supposed to have larger cups to reportedly give it more bass and a larger soundstage.
I wonder whether they're a rebrand or whether they just bought a bunch of those headbands.
On the other hand, if it's a rebrand, I hope some of those pop up on Aliexpress or eBay, because if they're going to sound as good as they look, that could be a treat.

Jun 14, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #4,012 of 7,153
They actually seem to have two version, M600 and M650. The latter is supposed to have larger cups to reportedly give it more bass and a larger soundstage.
I wonder whether they're a rebrand or whether they just bought a bunch of those headbands.
On the other hand, if it's a rebrand, I hope some of those pop up on Aliexpress or eBay, because if they're going to sound as good as they look, that could be a treat.
the headband is definitely the same. Hard to say from the pictures which cups (600 or 650) are also rebrands and which are unique...my guess is the smaller cups are the same as the B7/Kinden/Sivga and the larger cups are unique.

Jun 14, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #4,013 of 7,153
Jun 14, 2018 at 8:35 PM Post #4,014 of 7,153
Jun 14, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #4,015 of 7,153
Jun 14, 2018 at 11:18 PM Post #4,016 of 7,153
They are $36 for the black ones from Amazon right now after coupon clipping right on the page for the BAYLIFE vendor. I had some credit so it was $22 for me. That being said, they are good enough at that price sound wise. Comfort wise they are one of the worst headphones I've ever put on my head for me. Lots of pain with hard has rocks small earpads that are glued on. I'll wait to see what Slater does with his before I think of messing around with mine. I have too many projects and so little time. In fact, very little time as I've been in a crunch for a roll out of an online order software suite for the company I work for. So between work and family, headphones at the moment have taken a distant third. Actually a distant fourth when counting sleep.

I’ll keep you posted as soon as I get the Beats Studio pads. They sure solved my problem on the H1707 triple drivers. I still feel the MK801 are a great option for teens and those with smaller ears (adults with small frames). Definitely built better than Beats, and a fraction of the cost. Like you said, they are good enough at their price range. I certainly wouldn’t pay the MSRP of $79.99, or even the $49.99 they’re currently selling for on Amazon. At $40 or below they are worth it.

Update on the MK801 pad swap:

I received the Beats Studio 2.0 pads, and they do not work on the MK801. However, after studying the problem a little more (and trying numerous other pads), it dawned on me that I failed to try even the simplest and most logical solution! The stock pads are so small that the HM5 pads (including Senitek) fit right OVER the stock pads. It's easy to pad roll HM5 pads to your heart's content, and it is completely reversible.

The comfort is night and day better!

I pad rolled with each of the pad styles (pleather, Senitek fabric, and hybrids). They each tweaked the sound in their own unique way (ie pros and cons).

In end I settled on the Senitek fabric pads.

Here's what they look like with the velour/pleather hybrids:

IMG-1867.JPG
IMG-1866.JPG
IMG-1865.JPG

Also, for even more of a sound improvement, I also found a tuning mod. Simply remove the stock pads, remove the 4 screws holding the cups together. Then behind the driver you will see a thick piece of dense foam. Remove the foam, then put everything back together (including reattaching the stock pads, that have a clip at 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock). THEN add the HM5 pads over the stock pads. The foam is too dense and thick IMO, and chokes the stock driver.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2018 at 11:40 PM Post #4,017 of 7,153
Update on the MK801 pad swap:

I received the Beats Studio 2.0 pads, and they do not work on the MK801. However, after studying the problem a little more (and numerous other pads), it dawned on me that I failed to try even the simplest and most logical solution! The stock pads are so small that the HM5 pads (including Senitek) fit right OVER the stock pads. It's easy to pad roll to your heart's content, and it is completely reversible.

The comfort is night and day better!

I pad rolled with each of the pad styles (pleather, Senitek fabric, and velour). They each tweaked the sound in their own unique way (ie pros and cons).

In end I settled on the hybrid version:

Also, for even more of a sound improvement, I also found a tuning mod. Sinply remove the stock pads, remove the 4 screws holding the cups together. Then behind the driver you will see a thick piece of dense foam. Remove the foam, then put everything back together (including reattaching the stock pads, that have a clip at 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock). THEN add the HM5 pads over the stock pads. The foam is too dense and thick IMO, and chokes the stock driver. I much prefer the sound with the foam removed.
lol...on the one hand you're a lunatic...on the other hand I was thinking about doing the same thing myself...are the pads glued on? I was debating trying to remove them or just send the whole thing back.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 12:11 AM Post #4,018 of 7,153
IMG_20180614_210531_634.jpg
this is what I was messing about with...NVX SPT flat pleathers

Jun 15, 2018 at 12:26 AM Post #4,019 of 7,153
lol...on the one hand you're a lunatic...on the other hand I was thinking about doing the same thing myself...are the pads glued on? I was debating trying to remove them or just send the whole thing back.

The MK801 stock pads are attached with a reusable adhesive, but it pulls off fairly easily. You just grab the back seam of the pad with your fingernail and lift. The pad pops right up.

The MK801 pads are 3xs easier to get off than the H1707 Triple Driver pads - those things are glued on with some INSANE adhesive!

I thought about sending mine back, but I'm keeping them now that I have a pad solution I like the fit of.

Sure, they don't have an analytical/studio sound, but I didn't expect that from a closed headphone with such a small cup volume.

The hybrid pad definitely makes them more neutral, and I still need to test them out with full velour pads.

For the price, the construction alone is worth it to me. If I get tired of them I'll use them as donor shells for a graphene driver swap, or gift them to one of the teens in the family when their Beats Solos break (daughter, nephew, niece, etc)

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 12:29 AM Post #4,020 of 7,153
The MK801 stock pads are attached with a reusable adhesive. It pulls off easily. You just grab the seam with your fingernail and lift. The pad pops right up.

The MK801 pads are 3xs easier to get off than the H1707 Triple Driver pads - those things are glued on with some INSANE adhesive!
Yup. went ahead and pulled them off and took out the foam...that's easily the thickest foam I have seen put into a cup, kinda weird. Went ahead and added a magnet to the back of the driver while I was in there...
these might be a decent little cheap portable after all...I was debating sending them back, but I might keep them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back