Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Sep 13, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #1,682 of 7,153
It's great what buds are capable of these days, especially at both the budget and top end.

Yeah, I refused to try them until recently because I have bad memories of the ones that used to come free with devices.

Sep 13, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #1,683 of 7,153
Realistically, what I'm after I already have capable IEMs for (Senn IE800 & Rose Pudding), and a can that would just need a pad swap. I can fine tune my EQ for Ori to get close enough too. I think I'm just looking for an excuse to buy another headphone I don't need but want. Annoying hobby this one.
I was in a similar mindstate...I had headphones I liked...but. I didn't have a fun warm bass heavy can...I started looking at the Bosshifi B8 (I need a closed back/[portable can for my bass can) in the process I came across the Akai 50X when it was $18.00 so I got those. I LOVE them, they are a ton of fun....and I'll probably still get the B8 at some point...but the point is, while the Meze are probably fantastic if you just want a fun bass heavy can...I just looked right now it's the Freeboss for $48...tomorrow it might be the Akai...

Sep 13, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #1,684 of 7,153
I just started with buds last month. Got some Monks And then ordered a few things to try during the aliexpress sale. They have begun to arrive.

I do have an unboxing to do tonight..a mystery headphone, but right now I am relaxing with the £3 buds that were delivered today.

to some people, "buds" means something totally different...

Sep 13, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #1,686 of 7,153
to some people, "buds" means something totally different...
I'm in california, I do sometimes use buds to make my music sound better...what were we talking about...

Sep 13, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #1,690 of 7,153
Hey! there she is! lol

Sep 13, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #1,692 of 7,153
@Cruelhand Luke Hmm, the Akai 50X might suffice. Vocals are ahead enough to not be drowned out, so they should work for now, at least until I can figure out what I want to do. I really should just be reading up on the basshead thread, but at the same time I am not a true basshead, so I'd be concerned that the vocals would be lost in the rumble. I just need at this point to figure out whether I like the EQ implementation of my Shanling M1 or Opus #1 more. They're both fine transports either way. All in all, there's not that much music where I need the extra bass. I'm just a fan of having complimenting gear as it's pretty difficult to find something that can handle everything.

Sep 13, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #1,694 of 7,153
@Cruelhand Luke Hmm, the Akai 50X might suffice. Vocals are ahead enough to not be drowned out, so they should work for now, at least until I can figure out what I want to do. I really should just be reading up on the basshead thread, but at the same time I am not a true basshead, so I'd be concerned that the vocals would be lost in the rumble. I just need at this point to figure out whether I like the EQ implementation of my Shanling M1 or Opus #1 more. They're both fine transports either way. All in all, there's not that much music where I need the extra bass. I'm just a fan of having complimenting gear as it's pretty difficult to find something that can handle everything.
I'm not much of a basshead either...but I do love hip hip. It's maybe 20% of what I listen to, for most things I use my other headphones...but man, is it WORTH the small price I paid when I really want a warm thumpy headphone...I'm curious to see what else I like that it shines at, but, I have some pretty great budget headphones.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #1,695 of 7,153
haha, I was getting ready to say - C'mon, you remember the 70s don't you?!?

2 points (1 on topic):

1. The whole point is not remembering the '70's (and the '60's)

2. The only under $100 headphone that really interests me now is the Sivga VS007. It's not like I need a new pair, but these really intrigue me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back