Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Sep 13, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #1,666 of 7,153
A happy owner of the sivga SV007, have never owned any 50X type headphone though

I suspect the 007 would be a reasonable upgrade to the 50X, and hope it might be EQ'ed into something fun for the sake of versatility, or already have the appropriate bass for it.

Sep 13, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #1,667 of 7,153
How many have picked up the Sivga so far, and for those who have, could you please briefly compare to the Akai 50X/one of the many rebrands?

I have the Sivga but have no plans to try the Akai. The Sivga is so good that I have a hard time believing that the Akai could be any better. The wood is beautiful. I think Panda posted a photo of his a few weeks ago. I will try tp photograph mine this weekend. Nice woodgrains.

Sep 13, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #1,668 of 7,153
@mbwilson111 @HungryPanda Mainly, I keep trying to make up my mind about what to aim for in respects to a fun closed can to compliment my Ori's technical abilities but sometimes less than fun nature. I know my most cost effective route, but I'm not convinced it's my best option. I know I've said this before and I hate the occasional broken record aspect of my nature, so apologies for that.

Sep 13, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #1,669 of 7,153
I suspect the 007 would be a reasonable upgrade to the 50X, and hope it might be EQ'ed into something fun for the sake of versatility, or already have the appropriate bass for it.

The Sivga already has excellent bass. I never EQ.so I have no idea how they would respond. I don't know what anyone would want to change. I think you would be impressed with the sound.

Fot the sake of versatility (or is it insanity?) I have multiple headphones with varying sound signatures. Love most of them for different reasons.

Sep 13, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #1,670 of 7,153
I keep trying to make up my mind about what to aim for in respects to a fun closed can to compliment my Ori's technical abilities but sometimes less than fun nature.

The Sivgas are open.

Not Asian but if you want closed then I suggest the Meze 99 Neo or the 99 Classics. Members in those threads say that they respond well to eq if that is your thing but i don't think they require it.

I have the Neos...I like the black/ silver. Fun bass. Some EQ it down.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #1,672 of 7,153
Fully or semi? Fully tends to not be the most bass inclined where semi has potential.

To me semi is open but definitely not like my Amirons or my Senn 580.

I edited my post above as you were typing yours

Sep 13, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #1,673 of 7,153
Realistically, what I'm after I already have capable IEMs for (Senn IE800 & Rose Pudding), and a can that would just need a pad swap. I can fine tune my EQ for Ori to get close enough too. I think I'm just looking for an excuse to buy another headphone I don't need but want. Annoying hobby this one.

Sep 13, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #1,674 of 7,153
Realistically, what I'm after I already have capable IEMs for (Senn IE800 & Rose Pudding), and a can that would just need a pad swap. I can fine tune my EQ for Ori to get close enough too. I think I'm just looking for an excuse to buy another headphone I don't need but want. Annoying hobby this one.

I will decide for you. You need the Meze 99 ...NEED it! ...and the Sivga!

Sep 13, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #1,675 of 7,153
Ha, only 250-310 depending which version. As I already spent about a grand on headphone equipment last month, I was more hoping for a basshead Chi-Fi offering to try out. I know I should just buy pads for my Momentum as I'm using something a bit less than ideal, and it'd certainly accomplish what I'm after. There's also the Superlux HD 631 which is sub-40 again, and supposedly handles a silly amount of EQ, but I can't imagine vocals would do well on that like a higher quality offering. I'm mainly just stuck in an indecisive state.

Sep 13, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #1,677 of 7,153
When I was a teenager I busted my knees badly. A dozen of us or so were moving a large platform by hand, and someone asked me a question when the rest decided to put it down. Knees buckled not being able to support the weight, then my legs got pinned under the half ton platform. Running hurts these days unfortunately.

Sep 13, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #1,678 of 7,153
When I was a teenager I busted my knees badly. A dozen of us or so were moving a large platform by hand, and someone asked me a question when the rest decided to put it down. Knees buckled not being able to support the weight, then my legs got pinned under the half ton platform. Running hurts these days unfortunately.

Oh no:frowning2:. Sorry I said that. I was flashing back to the days when running would clear my head.

Maybe we should all step back and enjoy what we have. I have run out of room to store things. All I have coming is some buds.

Sep 13, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #1,680 of 7,153
Yeah, I'm good on buds. Have a ton.

I just started with buds last month. Got some Monks And then ordered a few things to try during the aliexpress sale. They have begun to arrive.

I do have an unboxing to do tonight..a mystery headphone, but right now I am relaxing with the £3 buds that were delivered today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back