Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Aug 25, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #1,547 of 7,153
I know... I admit things have gotten out of control. I have acted like a kid in a candy store. But I am not collecting. I just get curious and want to try things and then the next thing I know I have too much. On the other hand I don't really want to sell ones that I like. Like I said, I love most of my headphones for various reasons. I really am done though. I have enough to enjoy... more than enough. There are many on this site that have way more. It is a bit insane. Some say to not start down the rabbit hole, I am climbing out.

I always have a goal I set for myself. Sometimes I get sidetracked, but I usually have a goal. Once achieved, I may pick things up here and there at a much slower pace. I have softball bats, guns, bows, crossbows, swords, and headphones as things I've sort of collected. I say that, but I am not going for specific ultra collectable pieces when I do my collection. I go for things I like and want to try. I tend to try to decide what I want to go after first and then go for that.

The EMU Ebonies I have are probably the most expensive headphones I plan on buying. I have no interest in more expensive headphones at all. I really have a small list left to fill for headphones before I'm done. Only major one I really want is the m1060, but I am not paying full price on those. Waiting until they hit $250 or less new or like new through a used purchase. I can wait until then. Why the arbitrary price? Because it's my arbitrary price :)

I wouldn't mind the sivga 007 though. I have most of the IEMs I'm interested in coming already with one exception. The bosshifi B3. Not sure if I want the B3 or the B3s or both yet. Can wait on those at least as their price hasn't fluctuated any in awhile. Same with the SIVGA.

I may pick up those Cloud Alphas later if the price ends up good. Great thing about gaming headsets is that they ALWAYS go on a big sale at some point. So I can wait for that big sale easy enough.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #1,548 of 7,153
BUgOSV.png

Aug 25, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #1,549 of 7,153
Aug 26, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #1,550 of 7,153
Anyway, can anyone here who has both the linen cloth-style pad and the hybrid velour/pleather pad give me a fair comparison between them? Really want to try them both, but my budget disagrees.
I have the Senitek cloth pads and the Brainwavz hybrids. In terms of which ones are warmer/cooler I think the cloth are a little tiny bit cooler. In terms of sound, I prefer the hybrids a little bit. It really is a toss up, I think you should get the ones that appeal to you more because there isn't a lot of difference in them. Out of the box the quality seems about the same, there isn't a big difference in sound...the HM5 pads are a little bit firmer.

Aug 26, 2017 at 2:02 AM Post #1,551 of 7,153
$150.00 for Fidelio X2s seems like a really good deal. I wish I could get in on it, but the timing is just wrong for me. I hope this wasn't 'the chance' ...

Aug 26, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #1,552 of 7,153
Okay, just mass-damped my b8 with three-layers 3M acoustic pad 'cause nobody ever sells dynamat here, and the result is..much to my liking.
Imaging is really precise... for the price, at least. Soundstage stays the same, but with more ..air? Instruments don't blend into each other as much as before.
The midbass is now tamed, and the bass as a whole is fast, precise and even tempered. Cello is a treat now. Well, it still won't be fast enough for technical prog metal, but bebop jazz and anything below is fair game. Clear note, too, not muddy.
Treble is a lot more extended, and while it can get a little bit hotter compares to stock, it is never piercing. No sibilance so far.
Mid doesn't change much, but because the treble and bass response changed, it seems quite a bit more forward with better vocal comprehension. Lot less v-shaped.
Conclusion? An already good all-arounder headphone makes better. As long as you are willing to waste your time and get your hands dirty, I would wholeheartedly recommend this headphone for classical music.

Isolation is not a problem as I would prefer an open-back (but it's not mandatory). As you said that B8 would be an upgrade from the Evo, I guess that you own the latter. Ideally my new headphone should have a bit less bass and/or a bit more mids. How would you compare to the B8?

Even just a short comparison of your headphones with the HD681 Evo about sound signature would be really useful!

Anyway, the more I look at the SV007 the more I think they are super beautiful, hehehe.

If I have to compare the stock b8 to the hd681 EVO, then it should be like this.
Bass quantity: EVO > B8
Bass quality: B8 > EVO
Bass speed: B8 > EVO
Mid quantity: B8c > EVO (By a rather small margin, mind you)
Mid quality: B8 > EVO
Treble quantity: EVO > B8
Treble quality: B8 > EVO.
Timbre: B8 > EVO
Soundstage: EVO > B8
Imaging: B8 > EVO
Notice that they are both warm-leaning, mildly v-shaped headphone with kinda recessed high mid.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #1,553 of 7,153
WTFBBQ!!@!@!CJW

Why did Amazon UK have to put the Philips X2 on sale for $150 to the US???

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-X2-Headphones-Over-Ear-Cushions/dp/B00MRUPSHQ

I was hoping to not buy anything for awhile again lol.

Doing the same deal here. They also did it on Prime day just a few weeks ago and will do it again on Black Friday... you know they will. Get Sigvas iinstead. For real.

I do not want x2s ... I always wanted the L1 but I will never find one now. Late to the party.

do you think the SIVGA SV007 is a decent alternative to the Philips X2?

Aug 26, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #1,555 of 7,153
$150.00 for Fidelio X2s seems like a really good deal. I wish I could get in on it, but the timing is just wrong for me. I hope this wasn't 'the chance' ...

I was on the fence too (and yes, the timing was wrong for me as well).

In the end I went for it because I believe this WAS "the chance".

The reason for the cheap price is because the Fidelio X2HD is out, and the X2 is now discontinued and stock is being cleared out to make way for the X2HD. However, the X2HD isn't any different sound-wise. Philips simply revised it with a slightly more breathable ear pad and headband. So to me I'm more than happy with the regular X2 and saving a bucket of cash.

On camelcamelcamel, the lowest a new pair has ever sold for is $200, and that was a while ago (and usually requires Amazon Prime, or a lot of speed and luck during an Amazon Cyber Monday or Daily Deal sale). And it's rare to find a used set on ebay (in good shape complete with box) for $150 much less under $150.

Once we miss "the chance" and all of the current-stock X2 are gone from various sellers, the options will pretty much be limited to used units (and possibly NOS if you're lucky).

My justification was that I could turn right around and easily resell them for $200-$250. Or, I could use them as long as I wanted and still easily sell them on ebay or even HF for the same $150 I paid for them. So even though the timing wasn't right for me, it was kind of a no-brainer.

Obviously depending on your situation (ie the timing), it may not make sense to you. I certainly wouldn't have chosen the X2 over paying my mortgage, bills, food, insurance, etc.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #1,556 of 7,153
do you think the SIVGA SV007 is a decent alternative to the Philips X2?

@HungryPanda you have both the x2 and the Sivga in you list. Can you help?

I love my Sivgas. I did have an X2 on my head briefly and while I do remember them sounding good and being surprised that they were more comfortable than I expected, I cannot fairly compare. I probably listened to two or three songs.

Aug 26, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #1,557 of 7,153
Pretty much why I went for them too @slaterlovesspam

I have the SHP9500 and A1Pro... and I can say I like pioneer headphones these days. Wanted to try the X2, but was waiting to find a decent USED one for $150 or so. Then this deal comes along as a NEW one for $150? As you said it was a no brainer. I plan on switching out earpads anyhow, I mean who doesn't? And I'm sure I can switch them out for far cheaper than the X2HDR is selling for. Which it is selling for like $500 right now or something silly that I saw last.

Aug 26, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #1,558 of 7,153
As I have said often, if I can get lost in the music I am happy.

Absolutely agree. I don't even like to talk about technical aspect of headphones. I just want to get lost in the music as you said and the Evo sadly doesn't always satisfy me enough in this regard. I just hope to find "the right way" without losing all my money :o2smile:.

Aug 26, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #1,559 of 7,153
Pretty much why I went for them too @slaterlovesspam

I have the SHP9500 and A1Pro... and I can say I like pioneer headphones these days. Wanted to try the X2, but was waiting to find a decent USED one for $150 or so. Then this deal comes along as a NEW one for $150? As you said it was a no brainer. I plan on switching out earpads anyhow, I mean who doesn't? And I'm sure I can switch them out for far cheaper than the X2HDR is selling for. Which it is selling for like $500 right now or something silly that I saw last.

The price is 130 GBP which translates to 167 USD (on Amazon UK).

Aug 26, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #1,560 of 7,153
If I have to compare the stock b8 to the hd681 EVO, then it should be like this.
Bass quantity: EVO > B8
Bass quality: B8 > EVO
Bass speed: B8 > EVO
Mid quantity: B8c > EVO (By a rather small margin, mind you)
Mid quality: B8 > EVO
Treble quantity: EVO > B8
Treble quality: B8 > EVO.
Timbre: B8 > EVO
Soundstage: EVO > B8
Imaging: B8 > EVO
Notice that they are both warm-leaning, mildly v-shaped headphone with kinda recessed high mid.

Every line in your comparison (apart from the soundstage, but it's pretty obvious as B8 is closed-back) is exactly what I want! XD

I'm in no hurry, but now I'm seriously considering to try the B8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back