Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Aug 25, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #1,516 of 7,153
Ok... so the thing is, which i'm guessing is actually happening, is that in 3 days aliexpress is having its "brand day" sale. If you notice almost all products have marked up their prices because on sale day they want to show it as if it has less price (the sale price is also listed and apparently it is same as the price previously listed). So my guess is that the seller has hiked the price expecting some people to purchase it the higher price. So he has cancelled your order and is waiting for someone to pick it up at the new price.

Funny thing was that I ordered about a dozen other products, from different sellers, after that one purchase over the course of the week following that purchase for the ISK MDH8500. No one else cancelled. I did notice that aliexpress is having a "strike it gold" sale of some sort. Not sure what it is all about because the sale seems like it will be random?

Aug 25, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #1,517 of 7,153
The light construction and feeling makes these comfortable to wear too. I can forget I'm wearing them easily. if I just listen to the music. There is a caveat with the construction. In my hands they feel like a cheap novelty toy. I am not sure how long these things will last, but I am certainly going to try my best to make sure these survive for a long time even as $23 headphones. The cable that comes with them feels cheap, but does the job. 3.5.mm to dual 2.5mm TRS cable. Can use your favorite hifiman cables with these which is nice. I would love to have had these drivers in a nicer housing.

do you mind to post a link to buy it from? (Liboer)
Thanks,

Aug 25, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #1,518 of 7,153
Mhm, about the bosshifi b8...doesn't expect much isolation from them, very comfortable, bit heavy. U-shaped sound, slow but meaty bass, relatively fatiguing-free treble. Timbre is good, Imaging is fine, not half-bad soundstage too. A reasonable upgrade coming from the hd681 Evo.
Anyway, I have disassembled the b8 and I think it would benefit greatly from a little bit of modding, specifically damping mod to makes the bass wee bit more tight: with bass heavy songs I can feel the can shaking under my hand. Will tell you guys more when I actually get it done with.

Isolation is not a problem as I would prefer an open-back (but it's not mandatory). As you said that B8 would be an upgrade from the Evo, I guess that you own the latter. Ideally my new headphone should have a bit less bass and/or a bit more mids. How would you compare to the B8?

I own them all except the Sivga 007, but like them all for different reasons. I'm at work, but would have to give you a better opinion when at home. That way I can write it out as I A/B compare what I do have. Going off memory of sounds, even a few hours later, is always imprecise. Sound memory is the worst memory humans have. It's the first thing that goes.

Even just a short comparison of your headphones with the HD681 Evo about sound signature would be really useful!

Anyway, the more I look at the SV007 the more I think they are super beautiful, hehehe.

Aug 25, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #1,519 of 7,153
Aug 25, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #1,520 of 7,153
Mine were ordered on the 16th and left China 4 days ago. I'm hoping to see some US tracking soon and I'm really hoping I find them quite comfortable.

For those that have tried multiple pads with the Akai 50x/Marantz/LyxPro/Freeboss/whoknowshowmanyotherrebrandsthereare... which pads did you find the most comfortable in terms of heat? I know I sometimes have issues with leather pads getting a bit warm after awhile, so perhaps velour or the interesting canvas pads might be best for my uses. I'm also still debating putting Omni pads on them as I have a spare set that arrived in decent enough condition. I know, broken record on the pads and my apologies for it.

Aug 25, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #1,521 of 7,153
Mine were ordered on the 16th and left China 4 days ago. I'm hoping to see some US tracking soon and I'm really hoping I find them quite comfortable.

Which ones? Liboers?

Aug 25, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #1,523 of 7,153
Yep, I'm mainly curious about the detachable aspect of the cups.

I plan to leave mine attached now that I have them on... don't want to break anything but I know they do have that as a feature... take the cups off and stuff them in your bag. The adjustment is great... they just slide up and down on the band with little clicks so they stay where you put them. Kind of like my old Sennheiser HD480s many years ago. Then they can pivot on a ball joint thingie so you can pretty much position the cups and the band where you are most comfortable.

They are very light. I think I have worn them for more hours at a time than any other headphone at this point. Of course I was using them with my Cayin N3 so I was free to get up and move about...unlike some of my more "serious" headphones where I am tethered to an amp and just get too lazy to get up...lol. The cups are not huge and I think the pads are glued on (the headband padding is glued on for sure) but they are a soft comfortable material.

Do not be expecting real wood. I do not even think it is a varnished veneer. I think it is some kind of molded plastic that somehow has that wood grain look. I like it though... it is kind of unique and it certainly disguises the fact that they house some seriously good titanium drivers. Seems they was previously available in grey, black or white. I wonder if next year there will be purple, red, blue and green. Hmmmmm... this is how rumors start :)

Aug 25, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #1,524 of 7,153
Yep, I had no expectations of actual wood giving their wood coating description. I wasn't concerned with a possibly heavy headphone as my main headphone used to be an HE400 which if I remember had some decent heft to them, plus I went back to planars with ZMF Ori which feels to have a bit of weight to it. My only wish was that there would have been options on the fake wood just for fun. I'm really secretly hoping the cup connection is the same used by Koss & Yuin, which would make for one hell of a strange looking headphone if I can get a Porta Pro headband on it. Wouldn't be wearable, but would be hilarious to look at I'm sure.

As far as length of wearing, my Senn HD700 could be basically worn all day without issue, so if it comes anywhere close to that, I'll be quite happy.

Aug 25, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #1,525 of 7,153
Anyway, the more I look at the SV007 the more I think they are super beautiful, hehehe.

They are super beautiful. Well built and comfortable as well. I don't know what to say about them in comparison to the Superlux HD681 Evo. The Sigvas do have nicer pads and are more sturdy. I have only had my Evos for 10 days and the Sigvas for 16 days so both are still very new and while I have been burning them they probably could use more. All I can say right now is that I am finding the Evos a little more relaxed than the Sigvas. That is not a bad thing.

What I prefer depends on my mood and the music I want to listen to. If you look at my list you will see that I have a few headphones that cost much more than either of these. Some would consider those to be the upgrades but I am having fun discovering that there are affordable headphones available that are excellent.

As I have said often, if I can get lost in the music I am happy. Both make me happy and so do the Liboers that are on my head right now.There really is no perfect headphone at any price but I don't care. I will say that I probably like the B8 a little less than the Sigvas, the Evos or the LIboers but that is because the B8s are a bit brighter than I normally prefer. I am a bit treble sensitive. I am not sayiing that the others are dull in any way though.

This probably has not helped at all... lol. I just want everyone to be able to be happy and enjoy listening to whatever music they like without stressing and worrying that what they have is not good enough.

The day that my Evos arrived someone basically said that they had horrible headache inducing bass but I have not found that to be the case... for me.

Maybe because I do not listen to EDM? I listen to a lot of singer songwriters, folk and blues artists, many of whom I have seen live. I also enjoy classical but not on headphones... I really need speakers for that. I love world music, many independent artists, classic rock, soundtracks, some progressive, trance etc

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #1,526 of 7,153
Wow... just noticed I am getting a much bigger soundstage on these Liboers than I realized. I looked around to see where the sound was coming from... are there musicians in my house? lol

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #1,527 of 7,153
Got my Tate & Bauer GL2... er HD900R's in :)

Initial listening impressions are good. They have this strange focus on upper mid-treble region though. Listening to Ed Sheeran Photograph song, when you hear him sliding along the guitar for chords, that slide sound just rings a bit. Can't describe it more than that except to say it's pretty jarring to me. Not so unpleasant I have to take them off, but enough to take me out of listening to the music or my critical analysis of them. Wanted to find a frequency response chart for either these or the Mitchell & Johnson GL1/GL2's they are based upon. Because that spike is not smooth to my ears at all.

In comparison the Liboers are a lot smoother and slightly warmer in through there. Very relaxing sounding. The B8's are lot hollower than either than those two in the mids and recessed in there compared to either of them. Not that you are losing clarity with any of them. I am hearing everything on all 3, but its basically the focus of each sound is a bit different.

For me a headphone is nice if it comfortable, isn't losing clarity due to bloatation of the bass or mid/bass (too many cans do that), isn't piercing shrill (dt990s I'm looking at), and lets me enjoy what I am listening to. I enjoy V shaped, U shaped, A shaped, or whatever shape sound comes out of most headphones. I guess I'm too easy to please.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #1,528 of 7,153
n comparison the Liboers are a lot smoother and slightly warmer in through there. Very relaxing sounding.

..and that is why I cannot get them off my head.... using them right now straight out of my little Ruizu A50

I don't want to give the impression that they make the music boring though... far from it... I find myself tapping my toes quite a lot. Earlier I could not stop myself from dancing around the house to some New Orleans music. Maybe it is a good thing my husband is away for the weekend for work... lol. Only problem is I will probably be up to 4am again listening to music...

Maybe I am trying to say that the Liboers do not get in the way of the music.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #1,529 of 7,153
@Humblepie @mbwilson111 I'm glad you two are enjoying the fake woodie so much. I really look forward to it, and have 3 different HD700 cables I should be able to use with it. How is the cable if either of you have had a chance to compare it to something proven on a different headphone?

Aug 25, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #1,530 of 7,153
I actually tried switching the cable with another headphone that seems to have the same type of cable but no sound for either headphone. Same number of poles. Can they be wired iin a different way inside? It was another Chinese headphone... my Xiaomi Mi 2nd Gen. I will try my Meze and my Nighthawk cable tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back