Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 8, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #33,631 of 33,689
I don’t find the Legato to be boomy.
"Сognition comes through comparison." That is why I compared these two IEMs.
And besides the Legato must be burned in extensively otherwise my first intention when I listened to those for 2 minutes "out of the box" was to throw them to a garbage bin. They started to sound more or less OK after 100 hours of burning them in non-stop.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #33,632 of 33,689
Legato is just boomy, while AudioSense AQ4 is punchy and next class IEMs with not so much of a difference as far as the price is concerned. The only spec where Legato shines is just base quantity. AQ 4 is number one for the ratio price/SQ for base-heads. Unfortunately the graph does not depict the real difference between those two but still one can see the advantages of AQ4. For detailed comparison between those two check out my Channel for bass-heads at Telegram.AQ4 vs Legato.jpg
I found exactly the opposite 😅

Jul 8, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #33,633 of 33,689
I found exactly the opposite
You must be joking. I guess you compared them "by memory". Get them both and listen A/B. Our memory sometimes plays bad jokes to us. It can't be that you don't hear the punch with AQ4 and the boom with Legato. Another suggestion is that you talking about AudioSense AQ0... Though it's not the case even with those as they are still better than Legato. For the fraction of Legato's price at that, though. Almost every month you can get them (AQ0) for 50 bucks at aliexpress.com promotions/sales.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2023 at 6:13 PM Post #33,634 of 33,689
"Сognition comes through comparison." That is why I compared these two IEMs.
And besides the Legato must be burned in extensively otherwise my first intention when I listened to those for 2 minutes "out of the box" was to throw them to a garbage bin. They started to sound more or less OK after 100 hours of burning them in non-stop.

Not in my experience. They sound excellent to me. And yes, I’ve listened to other sets with plenty of bass.

Jul 8, 2023 at 6:15 PM Post #33,635 of 33,689
You must be joking. I guess you compared them "by memory". Get them both and listen A/B. Our memory sometimes plays bad jokes to us. It can't be that you don't hear the punch with AQ4 and the boom with Legato. Another suggestion is that you talking about AudioSense AQ0... Though it's not the case even with those as they are still better than Legato. For the fraction of Legato's price at that, though. Almost every month you can get them (AQ0) for 50 bucks at aliexpress.com promotions/sales.

Well, if YOU say so…

Jul 8, 2023 at 6:30 PM Post #33,636 of 33,689
Has anybody got a chance to compare Mangird Henns UP with FATFreq Maestro mini A/B?
I got the Henns UP recently but either my expectations were too high or I don't quite like the signature but I am looking for the replacement to them. I read some positive reviews about Maestro Mini and am considering them for now. What do you think about Maestro Mini?

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2023 at 10:48 PM Post #33,637 of 33,689
As far as I know, you can't get Magaosi V3 anywhere anymore. I tried. No shop in Aliexpress has any in stock and other shops I asked were unable to source any. Magaosi/Hilisening have stopped manufacturing IEMs. Do you have a source for V3? I know some shops in Thailand sell them but I can't order from them (no international orders and no customer servive in English).

Thanks. No, they don't have any to sell and they don't seem to remove the page even though they say that is the case. I have ordered the Magaosi DQ4 from them so they do ship to Europe. I tried ordering from GeekyAudio Store, and I think I messaged Beteran Audio Store, too. No luck. The only aliexpress store that ships the V3 is Tiandirenhe but their IEM is NOT the same as the Magaosi V3. It has a different shape and a different bass port. The shop owner claims 'he' only changed the faceplate of the IEM but that's not true. The extras that come with the IEM are made by Magaosi but the IEM is not. I bought a pair and it's perfectly fine, sound wise, but it's definitely not sounding like the graph at squig.link. I tried ordering from Aoshida Audio and they cancelled my order after a month because the manufacturer couldn't be contacted.

I got the first Tiandirenhe Official Store and they sound warm and with good stage and separation. Drivers appear to be of good quality. Tiandirenhe is an OEM Manufacturer in which case they are also likely to have been making the V3 that were selling for double the price through the usual channels. Very recently they have rebranded these as Tiandirenhe V3 and stated that they are the same IEM, both versions are currently listed on their shop.

I'd be interested to know if you have either heard both versions back to back, or seen comparative graphs produced on the same rig?

Jul 9, 2023 at 12:00 AM Post #33,638 of 33,689
Has anybody got a chance to compare Mangird Henns UP with FATFreq Maestro mini A/B?
I got the Henns UP recently but either my expectations were too high or I don't quite like the signature but I am looking for the replacement to them. I read some positive reviews about Maestro Mini and am considering them for now. What do you think about Maestro Mini?
Margird Henns up is that the Chicken version? Eggcelent!

Jul 9, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #33,639 of 33,689
Last edited:
Jul 9, 2023 at 10:01 AM Post #33,640 of 33,689
As far as I know there is only one version of maNgird Henns UP.
If you meant it to be joke then it is low key. Well, to me.:smirk:
1688911256429.png

Jul 9, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #33,641 of 33,689
I got the first Tiandirenhe Official Store and they sound warm and with good stage and separation. Drivers appear to be of good quality. Tiandirenhe is an OEM Manufacturer in which case they are also likely to have been making the V3 that were selling for double the price through the usual channels. Very recently they have rebranded these as Tiandirenhe V3 and stated that they are the same IEM, both versions are currently listed on their shop.

I'd be interested to know if you have either heard both versions back to back, or seen comparative graphs produced on the same rig?
I did order the Tiandirenhe V3 but I don't really know whether it really is true that they made the V3 since their version has a different shape and different bass port. I would find it strange if they changed both of those in order to sell them under a new name. And yes, I have seen graphs of the original V3. 2 of them, actually, and they couldn't be more different.
Here's one (L tuning): Hi End Portable Review
And another (V-shaped tuning): Squig.link Harpo Measurement
Also, Akros included the Tiandirenhe V3 in his recent review of QOA Vesper 2 and his graph looks more like the Squig.link Harpo measurement but with less bass.
My V3 has bass on the same level as Akros's. It is good but not warm, in my estimate.
I wonder how the other Tiandirenhe IEMs sound but I haven't seen any recent reviews, in English, of any.
Oh, I found another video review of the V3. Graph HERE.
Wow, no set is similar to the other. I'm sure my set has more bass.

Jul 13, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #33,643 of 33,689
I have both. If I had to choose only one: EA500.
Disclaimer: I can tolerate some sybilance.
Thank you for the recommendation. I tried both and will be returning the hexa. I like the sound of both (neutral tuning) but simgot has an airy "open" sound which is a plus (not as isolating as hexa though) and the fit is just plush for my ears.

Jul 13, 2023 at 6:52 PM Post #33,645 of 33,689
So i just came across sennheiser official store on AE. This cant be right. ie 900 for a so low price. Starting to think its "official" store and "100%" original.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1102333981?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.2.328d52a40jwsqT

AFAIK an AliExpess store, can name itself anything it wants (okay claiming to be the CCP might create a bit of kickback). The number of times something is claiming to be "100 percent genuine", "original", "official" or "made by magic elves" is also unrelated to the chance of it being true. Lastly, If it seems "too good to be true", then I'm sorry Timmy but the fat, old man in the red suit stuck in your chimney is a fake!

Unless of course, the shop is owned by a Nigerian Prince who really does need your help to hide his country's gold! :rolling_eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back