Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 13, 2023 at 8:06 PM Post #33,646 of 33,689
AFAIK an AliExpess store, can name itself anything it wants (okay claiming to be the CCP might create a bit of kickback). The number of times something is claiming to be "100 percent genuine", "original", "official" or "made by magic elves" is also unrelated to the chance of it being true. Lastly, If it seems "too good to be true", then I'm sorry Timmy but the fat, old man in the red suit stuck in your chimney is a fake!

Unless of course, the shop is owned by a Nigerian Prince who really does need your help to hide his country's gold! :rolling_eyes:

You know Prince Mulumbu too?

Oct 2, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #33,648 of 33,689
Guys, some help needed. I already have a DQ6 and just bought a Moondrop Dawn. Now I need an upgrade to my beaten Phone. I like it, I like it's bassa, but I think its time to move up. I've read a lot about Truthear Red (and it's my Max budget). I'll listen Black metal and ambient music and some shoegaze. Thanks. Btw, im intolerant to crisp, metallic highs.

Oct 2, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #33,649 of 33,689
Guys, some help needed. I already have a DQ6 and just bought a Moondrop Dawn. Now I need an upgrade to my beaten Phone. I like it, I like it's bassa, but I think its time to move up. I've read a lot about Truthear Red (and it's my Max budget). I'll listen Black metal and ambient music and some shoegaze. Thanks. Btw, im intolerant to crisp, metallic highs.
Are those SRH840's in your avatar? I have the 840A and they slappa da bass great for the price.

Oct 2, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #33,650 of 33,689
To me the Hexa’s signature sounds kind of like the Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro, a standard in the mastering industry.
What are you guys running your Hexa's with? I only have two amps- Fiio K7 (big) and Shanling UP4/22 (small) and the UP4 drives my IEMs sort of so-so. It lacks a certain je-ne-sais-quoi. It was cheap as chips that might be why. I'm using Timeless and Hexa. Anybody got recommendations for dongles?

Oct 3, 2023 at 1:48 AM Post #33,652 of 33,689
What are you guys running your Hexa's with? I only have two amps- Fiio K7 (big) and Shanling UP4/22 (small) and the UP4 drives my IEMs sort of so-so. It lacks a certain je-ne-sais-quoi. It was cheap as chips that might be why. I'm using Timeless and Hexa. Anybody got recommendations for dongles?

The Hiby FC3 is pretty good. Moondrop Dawn pro looks like a good option too, but I haven't heard it. I've read a few horror stories about Truthear Shio having trouble with firmware upgrades.

Check Google for Dongle DAC's (I recall a recent YouTube with a pretty good rundown of what's out there). :L3000:

Oct 3, 2023 at 2:29 AM Post #33,653 of 33,689
The Hiby FC3 is pretty good. Moondrop Dawn pro looks like a good option too, but I haven't heard it. I've read a few horror stories about Truthear Shio having trouble with firmware upgrades.

Check Google for Dongle DAC's (I recall a recent YouTube with a pretty good rundown of what's out there). :L3000:
Are you talking about the Headphonezone video from India? I was the one that posted that on Head-Fi lol.

Oct 3, 2023 at 2:31 AM Post #33,654 of 33,689
I don't know, it's a default pic from headfi hehe
I'm pretty sure those are the original 840s. If you want to blow your mind with $120 pick up the Shure 840A's you won't be disappointed.. unless you're crazy. But hey- I'm crazy and I wasn't disappointed so go figure.

Oct 8, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #33,657 of 33,689
Guys, which 4.4 to 0.78 cable should I buy for my old DQ6, new zero salnotes and future Zero Red, play in moondrop Dawn pro?
I'm looking now a nicehck C16-3, C8-1, Black cat, Ag Red. Any better and cheaper recomendations?
NiceHCK GCT5 comes in QDC, otherwise PurpleSE is good. I'd hold off for 11/11 sales for cables. :L3000:

Red Ag is a very bright cable, only use that if you want a treble boost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back