Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 2, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #29,837 of 33,689
what would be the best sub $200 iems? I got 3 contenders: Ikko OH10 vs Shozy form 1.4 vs ISN Audio H40. Looks like they're similar in tonality so it's now about the timbre, details and layering :)

TRI i3

Feb 2, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #29,838 of 33,689
Feb 2, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #29,839 of 33,689
Just searched this page unsuccessfully for "search this thread."

Feb 2, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #29,840 of 33,689
There are definitely still some bugs in the new layout. I can't read posts in my email app and on some threads there are more posts listed but I cannot find them, e.g. on Knowledge Zenith and Best Sub $100 I can't read the last few numbered posts. Anyone else had this problem?

Feb 2, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #29,841 of 33,689
There are definitely still some bugs in the new layout. I can't read posts in my email app and on some threads there are more posts listed but I cannot find them, e.g. on Knowledge Zenith and Best Sub $100 I can't read the last few numbered posts. Anyone else had this problem?

I can't read whole posts in Outlook. A bit of a pain because I have to go from thread to thread from Head-Fi rather than fully view in my email app.

Feb 2, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #29,842 of 33,689
what would be the best sub $200 iems? I got 3 contenders: Ikko OH10 vs Shozy form 1.4 vs ISN Audio H40. Looks like they're similar in tonality so it's now about the timbre, details and layering :)

This question is pretty impossible to answer. I can probably think of 20 "best sub $200 IEM's " depending on your preferences, music you listen to, need for isolation, over the ears or straight down fit etc etc. From your list it seems that you've limited yourself to the absolute latest, which is not always the greatest.....

Feb 2, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #29,843 of 33,689
I can't read whole posts in Outlook. A bit of a pain because I have to go from thread to thread from Head-Fi rather than fully view in my email app.
This is already proving to be frustrating.

Feb 2, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #29,844 of 33,689
Just searched this page unsuccessfully for "search this thread."
Appears to be hiding under the main search button in the upper right. Click on that, and then click on "Everywhere" and it loads a drop-down menu with "This Thread" at the bottom, at least on desktop. Mobile I dunno, mobile browsing sucks even when the designers don't chop out half the useful and/or necessary features. <-< (Not a dig at this redesign, I don't actually ever come here on mobile, but the number of times I've had to flip to "Desktop site" to do what I needed to do is rather astonishing given how little mobile browsing I bother doing... lol)

Feb 3, 2020 at 5:50 AM Post #29,846 of 33,689
Looking for an excellent pure dynamic IEM 20-32-ohm (lower than that gives hiss with my DAC/amp) with MMCX up to about $150....

L-shaped or neutral bass/mids with a slight roll-off in treble best...
Tonality - rich always first choice....
Not a big fan of U or V-shaped....I get treble fatigue fast with those sigs.

Any ideas ? :ksc75smile:

Is the pure dynamic Fearless Audio circa $100 coming out soon ?

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020 at 6:05 AM Post #29,848 of 33,689
Looking for an excellent pure dynamic IEM 20-32-ohm (lower than that gives hiss with my DAC/amp) with MMCX up to about $150....

I'd recommend the IKKO OH1.
EDIT: Just realized it's 18 ohm :sweat_smile: (I don't get hiss with it though).

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #29,849 of 33,689

Dunu Titan 6! These are absolutely stunning and has really been a eye opener for me of what a single dynamic can be capable of. Despite a slightly recessed midrange and polite upper frequencies I enjoy these more than I ever thought would be possible for me with such a signature.

Feb 3, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #29,850 of 33,689
Which Chinese IEMs will deliver the best mid range? I own a pair of KZ ZST, but I am looking for something that sounds better than that. I use my Sennheiser IE8s when I want to listen to bass heavy music and my daily driver are the iBasso IT01. I love the fun sound signature it provides while giving a great low and high end, imo. However, I am looking for an IEM that gives me very smooth and forward mids with good detail. One of my favorite pair of IEMs was the DBA-02, due to the great mids and details, but it was severely lacking in the bass/low end. Is there a pair of Chinese IEMs that will give me what I want? Perhaps the CCA CA4?
CCA-C10 or Blon BL-03.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back