Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 26, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #27,736 of 33,689
I agree with you wholeheartedly about the bass. As I have and always will say, bass shakes windows. IEMs that claim neutral are usually bass light. Those present bass as hearable tones but not visceral energy or proper amount to suffice as counter melody.

Completely depends on the music one listens to and personal preference. It's difficult if not impossible to have super heavy, and well defined and textured bass, imho. Also I doubt people who listen to classical are interested in "shaking windows"... Rather on getting the woody texture of a contrabass, which is something I can't hear on bass heavy iems.

Oct 26, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #27,737 of 33,689
The reason why I recommend the blons over the KXXS/KPE/Oxygen is the fact that if you are starting from zero, the same amount of cash will get you the blon+shanling m0 dap+ spinfits/spiral dots+ upgrade cable. and with the other you only get the iems. And even if you already have a dap, cables and tips. Is the instrument separation which I find to be almost equal really worth spending 160 usd more?

Well with the KPE you get perfectly fine tips, and a fantastic cable that is worth 80$ sold separately. 30$ blon + 80$ cable + 10$ spinfits = 120$, it's not 160 usd more for the KPE strictly speaking.

Just putting things in perspective, but I think it's a good idea to tell newcomers to start with the blon tbh, going straight for a mid-tier if they don't even know if they prefer harman, u, v, DD, bas is not the best idea.

Oct 26, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #27,738 of 33,689
it is funny but one of my pairs that is different from the others, sound like the KP :floatsmile:
Interesting...one of my three sounds like 64audio tia fourte...
:)

Oct 26, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #27,739 of 33,689
Completely depends on the music one listens to and personal preference. It's difficult if not impossible to have super heavy, and well defined and textured bass, imho. Also I doubt people who listen to classical are interested in "shaking windows"... Rather on getting the woody texture of a contrabass, which is something I can't hear on bass heavy iems.
I would actually say that an adequate bass section is needed for classical music. When the music swells, it has to have a large enough space to be able to accomodate the the that. Something like a Tin2 will never swell properly. But, to your point, bass definition and good tonality are extremely important for acoustic instruments because long time listeners know exactly what the characteristics of these instruments are. The woodiness, the timbre, the attack. Rock music, electronic...not so much. These are all, sort of, manipulated sounds, in which if you were not there...you really don’t 100% know what it’s supposed to sound like.

Oct 26, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #27,742 of 33,689
Haha. That made me laugh.
Like many here I prefer Blon to KPE too.
I couldn’t see what other people did at the time the KPE came out. The fit, the mod, the thinnish upper mids.etc etc.

Why is it that so many people on Headfi are bassphobic? It’s what bass is. Bassy.
It’s strong, visceral and often meant as the male to the female treble. Has anyone ever been to a gig at all? Where you can really feel the bass?
There’s no way Blon is a basshead iem either. It’s a 7/10 strength. Maybe there are some fit and QC issues...

The blon is not even close to basshead territory. Even my kz zsx has more bass impact than the blon. My jvc fx1100 has more bass and sometimes too much bass than both blon and zsx. Is the blon neutral? Hell no, but I think it is pretty balance.

Oct 26, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #27,743 of 33,689
Does anyone have any experience using the T800s with just a phone?

Lol
Yes sounds good on my s8+ and s10+

And id you want get a dac it will also sound great on es100 and powerdac 2

Oct 26, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #27,744 of 33,689
Definitely in the BL-03 having too much bass boom crowd. Stock tips are too long. Much prefer the shorter gray tips they come with.

It’s my first foray into chifi coming from the IE80 (knob at 0).
BLONs are very detailed but I keep going back to the laid back, wide, easy to track LR separation of the IE80s. Any recommendations for less bass and more airy presentation? Tin T2 pro?
You can probably find the answer to your question on the BL01. :wink::thumbsup:...Hope this works for you!

Oct 26, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #27,745 of 33,689
A dedicated Blon thread would be nice....

Oct 26, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #27,747 of 33,689
First me, now @1clearhead ... I think the BL01 hype train is coming.

Oct 26, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #27,748 of 33,689
The blon is not even close to basshead territory. Even my kz zsx has more bass impact than the blon. My jvc fx1100 has more bass and sometimes too much bass than both blon and zsx. Is the blon neutral? Hell no, but I think it is pretty balance.

BLON-BL-03-FR.jpg

Oct 26, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #27,749 of 33,689
Well with the KPE you get perfectly fine tips, and a fantastic cable that is worth 80$ sold separately. 30$ blon + 80$ cable + 10$ spinfits = 120$, it's not 160 usd more for the KPE strictly speaking.

Just putting things in perspective, but I think it's a good idea to tell newcomers to start with the blon tbh, going straight for a mid-tier if they don't even know if they prefer harman, u, v, DD, bas is not the best idea.

KPE got discontinued. The cable isn't near close to $80usd (I remember it was about $18 on Penon last year). You need to put a spacer on nozzle otherwise the tip will slip very easily. If you live in a high-humidity area the shell oxidation looks horrible after a few months (pic). It's harder to get good synergy -- sometimes it sounds rather lean from weaker sources. So definitely it isn't an easy IEM to fall in love, it requires some "doing".

Also, you're solely using CP-145 eartips on BL-03. Blon reacts pretty well to tip-rolling, especially with Sony MH755 tips (my favs) and Spiral Dots (wider and flatter signature), it doesn't sound similar to Spinfits CP145 at all, so.. sotimes it's an acquired taste. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back