1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread

1. Makahl
    KPE got discontinued. The cable isn't near close to $80usd (I remember it was about $18 on Penon last year). You need to put a spacer on nozzle otherwise the tip will slip very easily. If you live in a high-humidity area the shell oxidation looks horrible after a few months (pic). It's harder to get good synergy -- sometimes it sounds rather lean from weaker sources. So definitely it isn't an easy IEM to fall in love, it requires some "doing".

Also, you're solely using CP-145 eartips on BL-03. Blon reacts pretty well to tip-rolling, especially with Sony MH755 tips (my favs) and Spiral Dots (wider and flatter signature), it doesn't sound similar to Spinfits CP145 at all, so.. sotimes it's an acquired taste. :)

Adide and Toastybob like this.
  2. Makahl
  3. citral23
    And? Missing the point you're trying to make. BL-03 will eventually get discontinued too.

I don't believe it for one second. Even if the current 80$ rate is maybe excessive, that's what it sells for, and imo it's very easily worth 50$ (not that I would buy a standalone cable for that price, but to each his own)

No... unless you like the feeling of extreme insertions there's no such problem unless using wide bore.

This guy should stop wanking on his iems. Or take care of them.

Complete bull. Sounds good on my Redmi note 7, with a sonata pro HD, a DSD pro, my desktop dac, anything.

I rolled tip a lot before settling on CP145. Not sure what you're trying to say.

I completely disagree overall vOv

I don't think the KPEs are anywhere near the best of chifi, I'm sure there are better stuff, more and less expensive, but getting triggered just because I criticized the current flavor of the month, overhyped BLON and resulting to fallacious arguments isn't very constructive, your points are moot and you didn't speak about the SOUND at all.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  4. Tonymac136
    Have you specifically tried the MH755 tips with the BL03? I ask because I have rolled so many tips (off the top of my head Dekoni Bulletz, kz Starlines, SpinFits, spiral Dots, MandarinEs, stock tips, generic foams) and the ONLY tip that makes the bass sound "right" is the MH755. Every other tip has been either slow and ponderous or has had weird distortions and levels that are all to cock in the bass (most obvious with double bass). By all means pour water on the hype surrounding the BL03, but also I've a suspicion you've not heard yours at their best.

Personally, I do love the BL03. It's probably my favourite IEM. But it is seriously lacking in detail and separation and it is very fussy with tips and source. Even its £10 brother the BL01 has better instrument separation.

KarmaPhala, yorosello and citral23 like this.
  5. Makahl
    It's just not a good recommendation anymore since it got discontinued. But might I misread.

I don't believe it for one second. Even if the current 80$ rate is maybe excessive, that's what it sells for, and imo it's very easily worth 50$ (not that I would buy a standalone cable for that price, but to each his own)
    https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...a6f47eq3G53&id=565196360389&scene=taobao_shop
    https://penonaudio.com/ns-audio-iem-cable.html?search=0.78&page=3
    not even $50.
    I forgot to add the $18 was on 11.11 or some similar sale. I think @FastAndClean got it for this price, so whatever, just the $80 doesn't make sense.

No... unless you like the feeling of extreme insertions there's no such problem unless using wide bore.
    Yes. This is an issue that can happen.

This guy should stop wanking on his iems. Or take care of them.
    The guy just let the IEM sitting on his desk. You can't control your weather yet.

Complete bull. Sounds good on my Redmi note 7, with a sonata pro HD, a DSD pro, my desktop dac, anything.
    Again, weaker sources. It sounds amazing when paired right, indeed.

I rolled tip a lot before settling on CP145. Not sure what you're trying to say.
    My point is MH755 tips and Spiral Dots give another signature that may fit or not your taste.

I completely disagree overall vOv
    Nice

I don't think the KPEs are anywhere near the best of chifi, I'm sure there are better stuff, more and less expensive, but getting triggered just because I criticized the current flavor of the month, overhyped BLON and resulting to fallacious arguments isn't very constructive, your points are moot and you didn't speak about the SOUND at all.
    Does my post give that impression? to be honest I was just "What" with some exaggeration which in my opinion is not true. But whatever...

backdrifter and Tonymac136 like this.
  6. 1clearhead
    Choo! Choo!

Hype Train (2).jpg

superuser1 and peter123 like this.
  7. citral23
    Haha good counter arguments. Anyway we can agree to disagree, no feelings hurt.

Still think if one has to get very specific tips for a set of iems to sound right, it's not really right in the first place. As stated, the kpes sound right with any source, and any tips, to me.

But I also like some earbuds that only sound right with some sources, and specific foams, so it's not a complete turnoff.

I'll try to get my hands on those mh755 tips because I'm "game" u know, it's all good fun, and opinions vary and change with time and crap.

Makahl likes this.
  8. Tonymac136
    The best place to get a set of Mh755 tips is on a pair of MH750 or MH755 headphones. If it doesn't work out, the MH750/755 is another hype train for you to derail!

RevPizzaguy likes this.
  9. TimeSnow
    Jeez... I steeped away from chifi for a year and there's so much amazing stuff I missed

10. Cevisi
    Yes it gets better

TimeSnow likes this.
  11. logiatype
    Can't seem to find them for sale anywhere. Also seems like the BL-01 is more condensed than the BL-03?

12. TimeSnow
    I might just have to buy a powerdac 2, etc. now.

This thread is dangerous

yorosello, George Taylor and citral23 like this.
  13. Tonymac136
    LuckLZ store on AE is apparently getting some for 11.11. What do you mean more condensed?

14. Cevisi
    This forum is dangerous i wanted to upgrade my sennheiser momentum in ears that was the only thing i owned now look at my signature. Yea that stuff sound better but i cant enjoy music anymore since i startet this hobby.

Ad 400 dollars worth of tips and cables to the sum of the signature

Coyro, yorosello, HungryPanda and 5 others like this.