Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 3, 2019 at 5:27 AM Post #27,046 of 33,689
mbwilson111 Hi there
So I'm fairly new to bud's and am highly impressed. Wherever the idea came that buds are somehow "lesser' than IEMs......that's wrong. I had the Monks a long time ago but mine were perhaps affected by QC and never impressed me.
So you in a way helped me, because you clearly have a great love and respect for buds. So I have bought over the last few weeks three buds. (Waffle over). The Nicehck B40...excellent for a few quid. The Ourart ACG...better even for a mid price Bud...... and lo and behold the Rose Masya MK2 is my rival against the Blon 03. Masya Pro's actually don't exist, it's the Rose Masya MK2 and is my really great bud. It needs a LOT of burn in and a better cable. To me most IEMs sound THIN compared side by side with good buds and I have to wait for my ears to adjust to go back to them (IEMs). Some buds, like the Masya Mk2, are like little speakers on the ears.
The Blon 03 at first listen sounded rough (fit is major with the Blon 03) but they literally 'suddenly' opened up with an ISN Audio cable and JVC style large silicons. They sound incredible to me. The Masya Mk2 is different sounding, and I have to up equalise the treble. But it is big literally in size and sound, but soooo good.
I love the thrill of the Blon 03 ride, but it needs work to find the right cable and tip for it. But....wow it is special. The Masya Mk2 is a contender in a different way and is great sounding bud.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2019 at 5:36 AM Post #27,047 of 33,689
Nature Sound is gearing up for an NS-5 Mk II model. Revised housings look less invasive, more comfortable. 10 mm CNT DD, FR looks like it's somewhere between the Harman target and the Etymotic XR target. CSD looks somewhat clean, except for high frequency ringing that looks pretty reasonable.

ringing above 15K should not be easily hearable...

Oct 3, 2019 at 5:38 AM Post #27,048 of 33,689
So I'm fairly new to bud's and am highly impressed. Wherever the idea came that buds are somehow "lesser' than IEMs......that's wrong. I had the Monks a long time ago but mine were perhaps affected by QC and never impressed me.
So you in a way helped me, because you clearly have a great love and respect for buds. So I have bought over the last few weeks three buds. (Waffle over). The Nicehck B40...excellent for a few quid. The Ourart ACG...better even for a mid price Bud...... and lo and behold the Rose Masya MK2 is my rival against the Blon 03. Masya Pro's actually don't exist, it's the Rose Masya MK2 and is my really great bud. It needs a LOT of burn in and a better cable. To me most IEMs sound THIN compared side by side with good buds and I have to wait for my ears to adjust to go back to them (IEMs). Some buds, like the Masya Mk2, are like little speakers on the ears.
The Blon 03 at first listen sounded rough (fit is major with the Blon 03) but they literally 'suddenly' opened up with an ISN Audio cable and JVC style large silicons. They sound incredible to me. The Masya Mk2 is different sounding, and I have to up equalise the treble. But it is big literally in size and sound, but soooo good.
I love the thrill of the Blon 03 ride, but it needs work to find the right cable and tip for it. But....wow it is special. The Masya Mk2 is a contender in a different way and is great sounding bud.

Hi, I assume this is reply to my question. After looking at your profile,I had guessed that the answer might be the Rose Masya:). After being interested in it for a long time I finally picked up a used one a few months ago. Easily end game...if not for my ongoing curiosity.

Rose makes good iems too like the well regarded rose mini.

Oct 3, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #27,049 of 33,689

Some of us no longer hear 15K

Average hearing range per age group.

upload_2017-11-6_3-56-29.jpeg

Oct 3, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #27,050 of 33,689
Oct 3, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #27,051 of 33,689
I 'liked' this. But not sure if I really do?!! :wink:

It's ok. Even those at the bottom of that chart will still be able to enjoy music.

9939709_l.png

Oct 3, 2019 at 7:04 AM Post #27,052 of 33,689
Some of us no longer hear 15K

Average hearing range per age group.

I just tested... my ears seems 15 years younger... :)
or it could be that my Fiio FH1 actually could not produce higher than 15KHz..
hopefully I could maintain it for longer years... :pray:

Oct 3, 2019 at 7:06 AM Post #27,053 of 33,689
It's ok. Even those at the bottom of that chart will still be able to enjoy music.

That's why those with high frequency hearing loss (like me) should join the basshead club. =)
Bass will never forsake u!

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #27,055 of 33,689
That's why those with high frequency hearing loss should join the basshead club. =)
Bass will never forsake u!

Those highest frequencies are not the fundamental tones anyway.

edit...I think I am saying the same thing that @dw1narso was saying...we were posting at the same time.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #27,056 of 33,689

Yes, that's one of the reasons why I mentioned that it was reasonable. I don't know what the breakup resonance frequency of CNT is, but I'm assuming that ringing is actually due to the coupler rather than the earphonrs themselves. The design of the 711 coupler makes it such that there is high treble ringing.

Oct 3, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #27,058 of 33,689
Those highest frequencies are not the fundamental tones anyway.

edit...I think I am saying the same thing that @dw1narso was saying...we were posting at the same time.

@mbwilson111 you use the right term... fundamental and harmonics (my mistake.. it wasn't "harmony" which is another term in sound)

I once read that.... Harmonics play very important role in sound... It is harmonics that make us able to distinguish the same tone frequency coming from piano or guitar or voice.
The harmonics also that that give character to and allow us distinguish Steinway Piano or Bosendorfer Piano sound...

this is why multi-driver (especially from different types; DD, BA, planar, piezo) speaker sometimes could fail to deliver... imagine if the fundamental and 1st order harmony sound produce on one driver type and the 2nd, 3rd, and so on produced by different driver with different characteristic... moreover of different type...

But don't think that single driver is the only way to go because it has its own problem...
Ideal transducer is single driver that could produce linearly from 20Hz to 20KHz... but this does not exist...
when a single driver is pushed to operate at the extreme (low and high) at the same time they could behave different physically... and this that come up as material break-up or ringing... (that CSD could show it actually that the material is struggle)

Oct 3, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #27,059 of 33,689
Well, my ears seems to be 20+ years younger, and I've accidentally find it out while testing NX7 with its piezo-tweeter. It's nice in theory but has a certain drawback. :bat:
Yes the NX7 can make you feel young again :)
But it’s oh so wrong.

Oct 3, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #27,060 of 33,689
The nx7 stabbed my ears :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back