Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 3, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #27,062 of 33,689
WhatsApp Image 2019-10-03 at 18.14.56.jpeg

The hypetrain has just arrived. Initial tests are the BLON BL-03 is excellent for $28 USD.

Nice harmanish sound signature, non fatiguing and great timbre and tonality. Nice midbass and open soundstage. I think it does everything quite well.
Only thing is isolation is slightly below average, I don't think it can be used well in noisy environments, but it will be a very good set to chill out at home with.
And eartips and cables should be changed ASAP! Get a longer nozzle eartip like spinfits and the sound is improved exponentially. It's a pity these CHIFI companies package crap tips +/- cables with their well tuned IEMs, the laymen outside that don't do tiprolling or have extra cables on hand will think it's a lousy earphone and they will have lost a customer. (Another example is the ****'s horrendous stock red flange eartips).

Will test somemore and burn in!

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #27,064 of 33,689

, the laymen outside that don't do tiprolling or have extra cables on hand will think it's a lousy earphone and they will have lost a customer. (Another example is the ****'s horrendous stock red flange eartips).

This was my 1st thought. This tuning in a kxxs shell would kill but as it is it's for the people who will put in work. Like a weird joke. Tons of crap fit nice and these .....we can't have nice things apparently :frowning2:

just received my blon bl03...
I think should be able to get by with the largest eartip
but I have my JVC Spiral Dot..

Recommended! Thanks BGGAR!

Glad you like. They are making me re-evaluate what "good" is, and my favorites list.

Oct 3, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #27,065 of 33,689
Interesting. There is a slight problem with the Blons...and it's something someone else mentioned to me too...it's the air that's pushed with the bass. It doesn't feel quite perfect. A bit hollow perhaps? Don't know if anybody else has found this?
I wouldn't call it a 'bleed' as such...as it doesn't affect the mids I don't think, possibly because the layering and stage is so good.

The bass is ever so slightly off. It's most noticeable with a double bass line. Slight peaks and troughs in level that don't quite match what you would expect a double bass to do and the timbre isn't quite consistent. I only really noticed it by back to back listening to the Blon and the Semkarch.

Oct 3, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #27,066 of 33,689
The nx7 stabbed my ears :D

That's what they do

There are a lot of mixed review about this, sum up the story i find this as pretty bright iem? FR graph does tell me too about quite busy highs.

I think i just skip them. Just got my BQEYZ Spring 1, horrible messy bass at first but with some eartips trick.. WOW. Just like BLON's master. Similar tuning with much more details and resolution in very very smooth presentation. One of the best mids I ever heard in chifi world.
Still burn in that 13mm DD now.

The hypetrain has just arrived. Initial tests are the BLON BL-03 is excellent for $28 USD.

Nice harmanish sound signature, non fatiguing and great timbre and tonality. Nice midbass and open soundstage. I think it does everything quite well.
Only thing is isolation is slightly below average, I don't think it can be used well in noisy environments, but it will be a very good set to chill out at home with.
And eartips and cables should be changed ASAP! Get a longer nozzle eartip like spinfits and the sound is improved exponentially. It's a pity these CHIFI companies package crap tips +/- cables with their well tuned IEMs, the laymen outside that don't do tiprolling or have extra cables on hand will think it's a lousy earphone and they will have lost a customer. (Another example is the ****'s horrendous stock red flange eartips).

Congratsss. Tell me more bout it! Crazy right?!

Oct 3, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #27,067 of 33,689
I just tested... my ears seems 15 years younger... :)
or it could be that my Fiio FH1 actually could not produce higher than 15KHz..
hopefully I could maintain it for longer years... :pray:

Hehe, just checked my Sony MH755's... looks like my ears are 15 years younger than I am. From what I heard, they could push from 14Hz up to 18KHz.

Oct 3, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #27,068 of 33,689
This was my 1st thought. This tuning in a kxxs shell would kill but as it is it's for the people who will put in work. Like a weird joke. Tons of crap fit nice and these .....we can't have nice things apparently :frowning2:

Glad you like. They are making me re-evaluate what "good" is, and my favorites list.

I have also ordered the Tiger Cable....
With the blon .. is there a need to look at Audiosense during 11.11 ?

Oct 3, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #27,071 of 33,689
Oct 3, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #27,073 of 33,689
Interesting. There is a slight problem with the Blons...and it's something someone else mentioned to me too...it's the air that's pushed with the bass. It doesn't feel quite perfect. A bit hollow perhaps? Don't know if anybody else has found this?
I wouldn't call it a 'bleed' as such...as it doesn't affect the mids I don't think, possibly because the layering and stage is so good.

The bass is ever so slightly off. It's most noticeable with a double bass line. Slight peaks and troughs in level that don't quite match what you would expect a double bass to do and the timbre isn't quite consistent. I only really noticed it by back to back listening to the Blon and the Semkarch.

The bass issues (as we've noted) are slight and could be outliers. As I would expect variances, batch to batch, for a single dynamic driver setup. But for $30 USD, I'm happy to have the Blon BL-03s in my collection.

Oct 3, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #27,074 of 33,689
The bass issues (as we've noted) are slight and could be outliers. As I would expect variances, batch to batch, for a single dynamic driver setup. But for $30 USD, I'm happy to have the Blon BL-03s in my collection.
Me too. I've a third pair on the way. Just sayin'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back