Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 5, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #25,231 of 33,689
Actually if you ask me, I personally would place greater weight of a review on those that personally purchased their gear. I dunno, sometimes the companies that give out freebies put pressure on the reviewers to give positive grades to their stuff, if not there is no next freebie ever again.

I think a lot of us feel the same way as you. Especially once you start to see certain "reviewers" only give positive feedback and say no negatives. How can all these headphone be the "best value"?

Aug 5, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #25,232 of 33,689
I'm in the same boat friend - I've never ever received a free audio gear to review too. But still that doesn't stop me from buying a few IEMs to try out, more for interest sake and the love of music.
Actually if you ask me, I personally would place greater weight of a review on those that personally purchased their gear. I dunno, sometimes the companies that give out freebies put pressure on the reviewers to give positive grades to their stuff, if not there is no next freebie ever again.

Agree. I have had a few companies flat out say that they will give me a free item for a good review... Just won't commit to that myself, Even for "free" stuff. And I seriously doubt that anyone would be buying things on my recommendation anyway. LOL

There are a few folks like Otto who won't accept free items... Only accepts "loaners" or "pass around" items for review... Then sends them back (Or buys them).

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #25,233 of 33,689
Hi @almondmeiosis, thank you for your feedback. Now I know what to expect from the Kxxs. As I just received Periodic Audio BEs, and already own the T4s I think Kxxs would be redundant.
the BEs exhibits a very clear and clean midrange, a smooth treble, and best of all, a very strong and extended bass, very detailed and layered.
The BEs significantly bests T4 on Bass department and is not as picky as T4 on bad source material. If it weren´t for the fixed cable, BEs would be close to my ideal IEM below $300 tier.
Actually, I may sell my T4s and focus my interest on something like Moondrop A8 or Sony IER M7 as an upgrade to my current set of IEMs
cheers, Jose

Didn't listen to A8s nor M7, but if you like top notch bass and clarity in the mids, plus sweet highs and you're pointing to such price point, you should take a look to NCM NC5v2. I think it can be what you're looking for or very close. Feel free to ask whatever you want.

Aug 5, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #25,234 of 33,689
But still that doesn't stop me from buying a few IEMs to try out, more for interest sake and the love of music.

This is why I have so many... I get curious... and I like music. Honestly, I could say my favorite is whatever is in my ears at the time.... as long as I am happily enjoying my music. I have seen some people say that a certain iem is not for enjoying music and that confuses me. What is the point if not to enjoy the music?

Actually if you ask me, I personally would place greater weight of a review on those that personally purchased their gear.

I have been told by a couple of people that my impressions don't count because I don't graph and measure.

Aug 5, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #25,235 of 33,689
I have been told by a couple of people that my impressions don't count because I don't graph and measure.

Well I dunno bout the rest of you, but graphs are important to me to some extent. But everyone has different hearing and also things like timbre/tonality, details etc cannot be expressed on a graph. IMHO, music has both an objective and a subjective component, and both are important, but I feel we shouldn't be so focused on only one aspect and lose sight of the bigger picture.

Aug 5, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #25,236 of 33,689
I just got my notification that my Magaosi DQ4 that I purchased from Penon, have been delivered. I'm stuck at work until Wednesday though, so I have a couple more days to wait until I get to listen to them. I will post some early impressions sometime Wednesday evening, after I've been able to listen to them for a couple of hours.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #25,238 of 33,689
i thought telling the true is a good thing, well what can we do

Yeah I respect your reviews @FastAndClean, especially since you buy most of your stuff and are not afraid to sound out your genuine opinion even for free audio stuff from companies (at the expense of not getting another freebie in the future haha).

Aug 5, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #25,239 of 33,689
Yeah I respect your reviews @FastAndClean, especially since you buy most of your stuff and are not afraid to sound out your genuine opinion even for free audio stuff from companies (at the expense of not getting another freebie in the future haha).
after my next review I am sure that's gonna be my last unit from Jim, but I don't care for review units, I have T800, two pairs hah, if someone wants to send me it is ok, but if it is bad I will tell everyone

Aug 5, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #25,240 of 33,689

Many people just speaks well about everything because they want samples.
I personally review and get many free samples but there are two points:
1. Companies usually ship me products that they think are good, so it's really difficult in my case to receive crap stuff
2. I usually write everything i do not like, and sellers could like it or not.

Aug 5, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #25,241 of 33,689
Didn't listen to A8s nor M7, but if you like top notch bass and clarity in the mids, plus sweet highs and you're pointing to such price point, you should take a look to NCM NC5v2. I think it can be what you're looking for or very close. Feel free to ask whatever you want.
@Broquen, awesome!! Love it when receiving unexpected recommendations as with NCM NC5v2. Didn´t know about that brand.
Will check on reviews and will get back to you by MP. thanks a lot, Jose

Aug 5, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #25,242 of 33,689
Many people just speaks well about everything because they want samples.
I personally review and get many free samples but there are two points:
1. Companies usually ship me products that they think are good, so it's really difficult in my case to receive crap stuff
2. I usually write everything i do not like, and sellers could like it or not.

Sometimes we do not pay attention to basic things (at least for me) like the IEM references of someone's review or opinions. It is not the same to read huge stage, very balanced, etc. from someone that only owns and reviews up to 100-150 bucks gear (chi-fi or not) than another reviewer that already owns (or has listened to, for at least some weeks) several high end IEMs.
Music genre is also important too, because someone who only listens to classic and in general orchestral and soft music very hardly will have same sound preferences than another person who listens to e.g. death metal.
I point this because at the very beginning did not understand that, and was not judging reviews in a proper way. Just my 2 cents.

Aug 5, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #25,243 of 33,689
Sometimes we do not pay attention to basic things (at least for me) like the IEM references of someone's review or opinions. It is not the same to read huge stage, very balanced, etc. from someone that only owns and reviews up to 100-150 bucks gear (chi-fi or not) than another reviewer that already owns (or has listened to, for at least some weeks) several high end IEMs.
Music genre is also important too, because someone who only listens to classic and in general orchestral and soft music very hardly will have same sound preferences than another person who listens to e.g. death metal.
I point this because at the very beginning did not understand that, and was not judging reviews in a proper way. Just my 2 cents.
I partially agree, but i even know some reviewers who have many super expensive stuff and totl IEMs, ans they always judge cheap stuff as bad just because it sounds worse.
Many of em just do not see value/money, and this is a thing that we (little reviewers with <100$ stuff) see and appreciate, and we will sure remember where we started and never forget the price/quality ratio.

Aug 5, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #25,244 of 33,689
i thought telling the true is a good thing, well what can we do

Of course it is good to tell the truth. I think it just bothered me because you said her name and it seemed like you could just get whatever you want for free. Maybe I am just envious. Plus I am annoyed that the $10 thing did not work out last night.

Aug 5, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #25,245 of 33,689
Of course it is good to tell the truth. I think it just bothered me because you said her name and it seemed like you could just get whatever you want for free. Maybe I am just envious. Plus I am annoyed that the $10 thing did not work out last night.
no she contacted me here and asked me for my email, she wrote me there with a link to her store, because i already read that the earphone is good sounding i asked for that particular model, it is a lot more fun for me to write a review for earphone that i like

Users who are viewing this thread

Back