Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 26, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #25,036 of 33,689
You should check out the LZ A6, I've had them for a couple of weeks now and detail retrieval and separation is probably the best in my whole collection. The soundstage can be from extremely to vert wide depending on filters used.

You should get an NX7 and compare to the A6 :)

Jul 26, 2019 at 8:06 PM Post #25,037 of 33,689
They have both slightly different sound signatures. The SONY MH55 has a greater amount of raw and rich bass and sub-bass, nothing missing there! But, the BCD has better texture and lay-out of punchy and cleaner bass to lower bass, IMHO. I have to give the BCD the win on MID's. It sounds cleaner and more forward giving a "warm-bright" balanced and energetic signature to vocals. The MH55 has slightly warmer vocals, but less forward and energetic. Finally, the BCD generates livelier and crisp sounding details, while the details on the MH55 are excellent, but slightly smoother and laid-back.

Personally, I like both, but sonically they just sound different. So, honestly they are both keepers...you can't go wrong with either of them!

Hope this helps...

-Clear

Hi how is the fit and isolation for the BCD? Personally it looks like it may not be a snug fit for my ears, the design is pretty unconventional.

Jul 26, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #25,038 of 33,689
They have both slightly different sound signatures. The SONY MH55 has a greater amount of raw and rich bass and sub-bass, nothing missing there! But, the BCD has better texture and lay-out of punchy and cleaner bass to lower bass, IMHO. I have to give the BCD the win on MID's. It sounds cleaner and more forward giving a "warm-bright" balanced and energetic signature to vocals. The MH55 has slightly warmer vocals, but less forward and energetic. Finally, the BCD generates livelier and crisp sounding details, while the details on the MH55 are excellent, but slightly smoother and laid-back.

Personally, I like both, but sonically they just sound different. So, honestly they are both keepers...you can't go wrong with either of them!

Hope this helps...

-Clear

but BCD is good out of the box vs you need to mod for sony and requires another cable.
is BCD warm or bright?

Jul 26, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #25,039 of 33,689

Hope this helps...

-Clear
wow thanks i ordered both for keepers.

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #25,041 of 33,689
You should check out the LZ A6, I've had them for a couple of weeks now and detail retrieval and separation is probably the best in my whole collection. The soundstage can be from extremely to vert wide depending on filters used.

@peter123 the lz a6 got recent a price drop of 40% same for lz a6 mini debating now if I should get them now.. are they easy to drive .. do you have treble issues with them like harsh highs or piercing treble does the filter change the sound a lot for your liking?

they are both cheaper on the aliexpress app

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #25,042 of 33,689
Is there any Good Iems that are under 80 usd that have the same design as the Fiio FH7?

Jul 27, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #25,043 of 33,689
@peter123 the lz a6 got recent a price drop of 40% same for lz a6 mini debating now if I should get them now.. are they easy to drive .. do you have treble issues with them like harsh highs or piercing treble does the filter change the sound a lot for your liking?

they are both cheaper on the aliexpress app

Yeah, I only paid $220 for them on the last sale. Crazy value for money imo.

I find them to have sibilance with some filters but not with all. I do also think that the sound changes quite a lot with the different filters, especially between the three groups of filters. So you'll get three quite different filter groups and also the possibility to find tune with three filters within each group. If you care for details, high resolution, wide soundstage and an amazing quality to quantity ratio in the bass performance these would be the number one choice in my whole collection.

@twister6 has an excellent review of them on his site :wink:

Jul 27, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #25,044 of 33,689
I've been eyeing that one for quite a while. If I can't get a hold of the company here in China so I can get a sample for review? I'll just save-up and purchase the "LZ A6 mini" at a later time. :beerchug:

Jul 27, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #25,045 of 33,689
Yeah, I only paid $220 for them on the last sale. Crazy value for money imo.

I find them to have sibilance with some filters but not with all. I do also think that the sound changes quite a lot with the different filters, especially between the three groups of filters. So you'll get three quite different filter groups and also the possibility to find tune with three filters within each group. If you care for details, high resolution, wide soundstage and an amazing quality to quantity ratio in the bass performance these would be the number one choice in my whole collection.

@twister6 has an excellent review of them on his site :wink:

Tag... I'm it? :D

Yes, LZ A6 I covered here was quite an adventure going through different filters, eartips, and even cables to get to a perfect combination without any sibilance and harshness.

Btw, on a slightly different topic, a very interesting discovery from oBravo. I was quite skeptical because their prices are astronomical, yet this was a hybrid DD/Planar Magnetic design, all metal shell, and nice balanced cable with various adapters for $269. No, I don't have Tin hifi P1 for comparison, but this oBravo Cupid sure did impressed me (reviewed here).

obravo_cupid-14.jpg

Jul 27, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #25,046 of 33,689
I Urbanfun HiFi and are super.
How is Sound Quality: LZ A3 vs Urbanfun HiFi?
How is Sound Quality: LZ A3 vs MusicMaker TK12 / TK13?
LZ A3 or MusicMaker TK12 / TK13 - are they worth it to replace Urbanfun?
Can anyone answer me? Please help.
smily_headphones1.gif
Urbanfun sounds really great for the money. Very straight in frequency spectrum, no added bass or treble. It has good definition for the price.

Jul 27, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #25,047 of 33,689
@1clearhead which one is better the magaosi **** or magaosi dq4 mainly searching for good detail retrieval
They are both good, and have excellent detail retrieval especially in the "high resolution" setting, but they are both tuned differently according to the "tuning switch" I showed recently. So, it's a matter of personal preference or the type of tuning you're actually looking for.

Jul 27, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #25,048 of 33,689
Hi how is the fit and isolation for the BCD? Personally it looks like it may not be a snug fit for my ears, the design is pretty unconventional.
It's a snug and stable fit, only if you decide to use it with the "shirt-clip" that's included, which keeps them from sagging down. The combination of both really work well, that's why the company includes it.

Jul 27, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #25,049 of 33,689
Tag... I'm it? :D

Yes, LZ A6 I covered here was quite an adventure going through different filters, eartips, and even cables to get to a perfect combination without any sibilance and harshness.

Btw, on a slightly different topic, a very interesting discovery from oBravo. I was quite skeptical because their prices are astronomical, yet this was a hybrid DD/Planar Magnetic design, all metal shell, and nice balanced cable with various adapters for $269. No, I don't have Tin hifi P1 for comparison, but this oBravo Cupid sure did impressed me (reviewed here).

Nice review!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back