Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 24, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #25,006 of 33,689
anyone found any hidden gems so far? the only asian brands I trust are QDC and fitear

Eh? What exactly are you asking for? This thread is full of examples of great sounding IEM's in the price from $5-300. They're not hidden gems anymore because of this thread and all the adventures people trying new stuff all the time and sharing their impressions here. If you're limited to QDC and Fitear I'd suggest you start trying some offerings from them and wish you good luck......

Jul 24, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #25,007 of 33,689
anyone found any hidden gems so far? the only asian brands I trust are QDC and fitear
:-0
Just go back through the thread. There are some superb IEM's. And a lot depends on budget, expectation/where you're coming from.

Jul 24, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #25,008 of 33,689
Seems KBear is using KZ drivers (but they apparently are not a subsidary of KZ unlike CCA/Tripowin).

Hello friend,

I am under the impression that Tripowin is not a subsidary of KZ.

Tripowin simply contracted with KZ to make a pair of earphones with a custom logo/packaging, exactly like KB Ear did with KZ.

To date, CCA is the only true subsidiary of KZ.

Do you have other information about Tripowin being a true subsidary of KZ?

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #25,009 of 33,689
After 30min in this configuration. They are absolutely identical !

I posted the graph of all three - CCA A10, Tripowin TP10, and KBear KB10 in the KZ thread - they are all exactly alike. When the vendors sent me samples they all told me their's was tuned differently and yet... here we are.

10324044.jpg

Jul 24, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #25,010 of 33,689
Those were run as they came in so not even run back to back (span was about 3 weeks). Given day to day variation in temp, humidity, etc, I'd say they are exact duplicates except for outer shell designs.

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #25,012 of 33,689
Seeing as I have 3 of them, I'd thought about taking one and removing one of the two treble BAs to see what it did to the signature. If nothing else, simply obstructing the exit port on one so as not to change the crossover.

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #25,013 of 33,689
I posted the graph of all three - CCA A10, Tripowin TP10, and KBear KB10 in the KZ thread - they are all exactly alike. When the vendors sent me samples they all told me their's was tuned differently and yet... here we are.

10324044.jpg

Yeah it's the same thing. You help me to search is they are different or identical. But clearly, they are identical

We are agree, it's cool, it's simple, it's clear.

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #25,014 of 33,689

10324044.jpg

Yeah it's the same thing. You help me to search is they are different or identical. But clearly, they are identical

We are agree, it's cool, it's simple, it's clear.

I say since they all sound identical, potential buyers should just go with the one that looks the best to them.

For example, Toyota 86, Subaru BRZ, and Scion TRS are all literally the same car. However, if I had to choose 1 of the 3, I would go with the Subaru BRZ because it has minor styling cues that I think make it look nicer than the other 2.

Likewise, between the CCA A10, Tripowin TP10, and KBear KB10, I like the looks of the KB10 the best, followed by the TP10. I never did like the curved ridges CCA uses on most of their IEMs (but it's just personal preference of course).

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #25,017 of 33,689
Wow! Magaosi just upgraded their game with their MAGAOSI DQ4! :punch::smile:

P_20190707_225235_1(2).jpgP_20190707_231725_1(2).jpg
P_20190707_234158(2).jpgP_20190707_234354(2).jpg

About Magaosi and the Magaosi DQ4:
It’s been quite a while since Magaosi made a big comeback, but that hasn’t stopped him from getting better and more competitive in an already congested market of Chi-Fi in-ear earphones. Several years ago some of his popular models included the HLSX-808, HLSX-BK50, MaGaosi K3 PRO/K3 HD, and the more recent Magaosi HiLisening K5 and Magaosi MGS-401, which I proudly own all the ones mentioned above. But, I personally feel that the DQ4 is the answer and a game changer to the current market in a different and unique direction as I write this review!

P_20190707_234054(2).jpgP_20190707_234005_1(2).jpg

The Magaosi DQ4 is in a sense unique on which it sports professional and mature traits of different sound signatures rolled into a one pair unit for a serious game changer in the world of in-ear earphones today. Magaosi seems to put serious emphasis in the sound as much as the beauty of the housing, accessories, as well as packaging, which I can only portray as splendid and beautiful to look at with an excellent price to performance ratio. Each earphone houses one 6mm plus one 8mm dynamic driver for the MID-bass and low-bass, while the midrange and treble are handled by one single BA unit 29689 for MID’s and one single BA unit 30095 for the highs. But, this is only the icing on the cake. They have a beautifully and organically made shape with a look of silvery glass-like shine to them on the outer housing with piano black colored resin/acrylic plastic towards the inside for a fantastic and luscious look that’s hard to resist and admire! The cables are 6N 8 core silver plated mixed detachable cables with a left “gold” marker indicator and a right “red” marker indicator for ease of use. To give my most honest and fair review possible, I gave the DQ4 at least 100 hours of play-time making sure that both the dynamic drivers and BA armatures were thoroughly broken-in to perform at their best.

P_20190707_232119_1(2).jpg
Note: from top to bottom tuning positioning switch...
1) HIGH RESOLUTION
2) ENHANCED LOW FREQUENCY
3) ENHANCED VOICE
4) ENHANCED SENSE OF ATMOSPHERE

SOUND SIGNATURE(S):
The DQ4 has a 4 option tuning switch with a 4-way crossover network that will blow away even the most accomplished veterans of audio to just pause and listen to their favorite tunes. It sports a selective multiple tuning switch, 1) high resolution/slight V shape sound signature, 2) enhanced low frequency/strong V shape sound signature, 3) enhanced voice/balanced sound signature, 4) enhanced sense of atmosphere/3D-like holographic balanced signature. Just beneath each earphone there is a small metal bass-port for enhanced bass and to prevent driver-flex as well. Very nice added features, if you ask me!

P_20190707_233930_1(2).jpgP_20190707_235741(2).jpg
P_20190707_234040_1.jpgP_20190707_234602_1(2).jpg

PACKAGE:
In the package you get a nice, bigger than average, hard vinyl-like carry case, cleaning brush, small-medium-large silicone ear tips, small and large gel-like clear silicone ear tips, small and large foam ear tips (all in their own small plastic storage clear cases), detachable 6N 8 core silver plated mixed cables with sliding chin guard and left right color indicators, two left and right DQ4 housing units with pre-installed gel-like silicone ear tips on each with number codes and left “L” and right “R” indicators, and finally a Magaosi Number Plate of ownership.

P_20190708_000349(3).jpgP_20190708_000349(2).jpg

SPECIAL OWNERSHIP PLATE:
It struck me by surprise when Magaosi decided to brand the DQ4 with a special ownership plate to indicate the assembly number every unit came in when it was made. For example, my unit was “No.0031” when it was built! In other words, it is number 31 off the assembly line, or the individual that put it together. This is rather awesome to me and grants me ownership on a personal level indeed! NOTE: Ownership plates are usually made when a product at a later time will no longer be produced and are considered “limited” to a certain number count until they are no longer available.

PRICE ONLINE:
Price may vary according to the store your purchasing from, but do expect to pay from a range estimated from the lowest price point of $179 US dollars or more according to Aliexpress online shopping (unless there’s discount coupons). On taobao online shopping, it starts slightly less at 1,199 RMB or more ($174 US dollars or more). You can shop on Aliexpress or Taobao by using the keywords: Magaosi DQ4

P_20190707_232119_1.jpgP_20190707_234419(2).jpg

SOUND MODE:
HIGH RESOLUTION:
Bass is quick and nicely textured with good quantity and quality of bass and sub-bass. Midrange is vivid and clear with a touch of air and transparency, which favors both male and female nicely. Treble is very detailed and crisp with good extension. Mostly all details are exposed in high resolution mode, which means, it’s possible to pick up bad recordings, which is not so forgiving. Soundstage is wide with good imaging, while frontal and depth sounds better than average.

ENHANCED LOW FREQUENCY:
Bass is broad and enhanced and is the star of the show here! It has great emphasis on any song played adding excellent deep rich textured bass and sub-bass never bleeding over to the midrange. The midrange sounds wider than average due to the enhanced and broad bass exposed giving a slight warmth, but vividly clear response. Treble still sounds clear and detailed, but slightly laid-back as the bass carries on as the leader here. Soundstage is slightly wider than the “high resolution mode” due to the enhanced and broad bass, while imaging is still better than average. Frontal and depth continue to be better than average, as well.

ENHANCED VOICE:
Bass sounds deep with more enhanced sub-bass, but less suppressed mid-bass, though it sounds nicely balanced with the rest of the presentation. Vocals really come alive with life-like vocals and a wider than normal spacious vocal range. Treble has plenty of details and clarity working hand-in-hand with the vocals to give it that extra wide effect. Soundstage is wider than the “high resolution” and “enhanced low frequency” mode due to the overall balance, while imaging works best in this mode, as well. Frontal and depth does sound basically average at this point.

ENHANCED SENSE OF ATMOSPHERE:
Bass sounds deep, accurate, quick, and punchy. The midrange has realistic sounding vocals surrounding you with a spacious presentation. Treble sounds airy and transparent leaving you wanting for more. Definitely, the soundstage in this mode might not be the widest, but is the one that most demonstrates a great 3D-like soundstage that is surly going to please those that are looking for a holographic type sound signature with plenty of atmospheric space, including good width and frontal stage, and excellent height and depth.

HTB1SGHEdlWD3KVjSZKPq6yp7FXat(2).jpgHTB133Tob7xz61VjSZFrq6xeLFXaA(2).jpg *Courtesy of Magaosi

PROS:
Excellent professional sounding 4-way tuning sound signature, technically advanced resin/acrylic housing and inner works, detachable cables with left and right markers (Left-Gold, Right-Red) with sliding chin guard, vinyl-like carry case, and Magaosi numbered ownership plate.

CONS:
Size might be bulky for smaller than average size ears, so check with the seller before deciding to buy them. Though, they feel light, compact, and easy to where, IMHO!

SPECIAL THANKS:
I want to give special thanks to Magaosi and Fannie for sending the DQ4 in return for an honest review.

FINAL EXPRESSIONS:
I would like to consider the Magaosi DQ4 as one of the best reviews I’ve ever encountered for its incredible degree of sound tuning, which really does express a difference on all 4 sound signatures in one unit. So, if “one for all” is what you’re looking for, believe me when I say these can do it all, plus flaunt very good looks, too!

Hope this review can be of help towards your next purchase...

-Clear :wink::thumbsup:

Attachments

• P_20190707_234341(2).jpg
    P_20190707_234341(2).jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 24, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #25,018 of 33,689
Hello friend,

I am under the impression that Tripowin is not a subsidary of KZ.

Tripowin simply contracted with KZ to make a pair of earphones with a custom logo/packaging, exactly like KB Ear did with KZ.

To date, CCA is the only true subsidiary of KZ.

Do you have other information about Tripowin being a true subsidary of KZ?

Sorry i was under the impression tripowin was an offshoot of KZ based on a the introduction part of reviews I read on review sites and blogs about the TP10.
But as you can see from the above graphs, the tuning and configuration is identical to another KZ model.
I will contact tripowin to enquire about their relation to KZ and get back to us.

Jul 24, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #25,019 of 33,689
Sorry i was under the impression tripowin was an offshoot of KZ based on a the introduction part of reviews I read on review sites and blogs about the TP10.

Don’t believe everything you read on the Interne

Anyways, thanks for verifying and getting back to us!

Jul 25, 2019 at 2:05 AM Post #25,020 of 33,689
Though, I opted for the Magaosi DQ4, which is more of my style of switching between DD and BA, there's the Magaosi ****, which is a gamer's dream earphone!

The DQ4 is a combination of DD and BA, while the **** is an all BA setup.

4 OPTION TUNING SWITCH:
Magaosi DQ4
1. High Resolution
2. Enhanced Low Frequency
3. Enhanced Voice
4. Enhanced Sense of Atmosphere

Magaosi ****
1. High Resolution
2. Gaming
3. Equalized
4. Pop

Hope this gives an idea which one is best for you...!

-Clear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back