Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 11, 2019 at 8:32 PM Post #24,841 of 33,689
Some guy let me borrow his Kanas Pro today and I got to try it. WOW. They sound like the MH755, but with 10x more resolution. So smooth and relaxed, with a beautiful and natural tonality. Definitely hits the harman target curve. Soundstage is also very expansive. Too bad they're almost gone now :/

Jul 11, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #24,842 of 33,689
Some guy let me borrow his Kanas Pro today and I got to try it. WOW. They sound like the MH755, but with 10x more resolution. So smooth and relaxed, with a beautiful and natural tonality. Definitely hits the harman target curve. Soundstage is also very expansive. Too bad they're almost gone now :/

Been hearing good things about Kanas pro. Wish I could have a listen without splurging. Already have a DM6 and Nicehck f3 on hand and another non-chifi on the way

Jul 11, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #24,843 of 33,689
Been hearing good things about Kanas pro. Wish I could have a listen without splurging. Already have a DM6 and Nicehck f3 on hand and another non-chifi on the way

How's the Nicehck F3? It looks just like the KPE, maybe even more better looking.

Jul 11, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #24,844 of 33,689
How's the Nicehck F3? It looks just like the KPE, maybe even more better looking.

Very power hungry. It opens up on a good amped source. It also took me a long while of tip rolling to get a proper seal. Once those elements were ironed out, while bright out of the box, it ended up taming after burning in. This isn't a bass heavy IEM in any sense. I love the melody of the mids on these.

As a whole, it's a peculiar soundstage. It's not pure reference, it's hard to give it a sig like L or V shaped. Which explains why it isn't everyone's cup of tea. But with the right cable pairing and source, it really changes them.

Jul 12, 2019 at 2:31 AM Post #24,845 of 33,689
Ever experience that joy when popping in an old IEM you haven't used forever? Just woke up and felt like playing some tracks with the KZ EDR1. Wow, I'm reminded the output of these phones, for 3$, is pretty insane.

Jul 12, 2019 at 3:04 AM Post #24,846 of 33,689
The M6 are a little bit V-shaped, so if you want something smooth and balanced (e.g. KPE), M6 would probably not be the best option. Its lower treble is super crisp and detailed though.
Thanks, I appreciate your input.
The KPE are out of my budget, at least for now. Besides, I already ordered the Sennheisers IE 40 PRO, and a pair of used Ibasso IT01 :wink:

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 3:11 AM Post #24,847 of 33,689
Ibasso IT01 is a great IEM, but maybe at the moment TFZ No.3 is a serious candidate for the best IEM U$ 100
I just ordered a pair of used IT01 in near-mint condition for less than 80 bucks :wink: I always wanted to give them a try.

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #24,851 of 33,689
Actually... it's kind of controversial atm.

audio123 and some Asians reviewers are reporting the SQ on Ti version is definitely better than the plastic one, also there's an "upgrade" cable to justify the price. However, BGGAR couldn't spot major differences between the stock and Ti also both measure identical. So... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

not sure if anyone has taken the Ti cable to the normal tfz 3

Jul 13, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #24,852 of 33,689
Thanks for posting this. Yesterday I started noticing channel imbalance in my O2s that wasn't there when I first got them, but I didn't remember your post until today.

Yellow is with a fresh filter (what it should sound like), and green is what it sounded like with a dirty filter.
Even more interesting is the blue line, which is without any filter at all. I'm tempted to slap some Oxygen filters on some of my peakier IEMs to see how it changes the sound.

Your graph is pretty much the same thing that I've experienced with my rig after replacing the filter. Btw, today I was searching for an e-mail in the package to see if I could get more filters and I came across this thing:
Hd4UvjU.jpg

Look at item 2. Might that was my mistake because I do use it all day long even on rainy days.

Jul 14, 2019 at 12:09 AM Post #24,853 of 33,689
I got the TFZ No 3 and Moondrop KXXS in this week and here's a quick measurement between the two, and my quick impressions. Thanks to Linsoul for providing me these demo units. The No 3 is much bassier and brighter than the Moondrops (KXXS and Kanas Pro). The KXXS is a slightly warmer version of the Kanas Pro and I feel has a smaller (though very slightly) soundstage. I prefer the Kanas Pro over both of these as it stands right now. But it's only based on limited listening and A-B-Cing between the three over an hour of listening last night.

I dont think TFZ No 3 is my thing -- too v-shaped, but I can see how people do end up liking it. It's got some bass impact and some bright energy that inherently makes it sound clear. I think the Kanas Pro is still a really good balance for me between the entire spectrum and works well with many genres. The KXXS is a more musical/intimate version of the KP and makes a smooth IEM even smoother.

vs kxxs.png

Jul 14, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #24,854 of 33,689
I got the TFZ No 3 and Moondrop KXXS in this week and here's a quick measurement between the two, and my quick impressions. Thanks to Linsoul for providing me these demo units. The No 3 is much bassier and brighter than the Moondrops (KXXS and Kanas Pro). The KXXS is a slightly warmer version of the Kanas Pro and I feel has a smaller (though very slightly) soundstage. I prefer the Kanas Pro over both of these as it stands right now. But it's only based on limited listening and A-B-Cing between the three over an hour of listening last night.

I dont think TFZ No 3 is my thing -- too v-shaped, but I can see how people do end up liking it. It's got some bass impact and some bright energy that inherently makes it sound clear. I think the Kanas Pro is still a really good balance for me between the entire spectrum and works well with many genres. The KXXS is a more musical/intimate version of the KP and makes a smooth IEM even smoother.

Thanks for the graphs. I always wanted to compare these three, thanks for the initial impressions.

I found the TFZ no. 3 a bit V shaped initially for the first few days. But after listening for a week or so it became more U shaped for me and the mids opened up. I am undecided about burn in (maybe it is brain burn in for me?) but the TFZ no. 3 got better for me, so I'm glad I gave it a chance.

I don't own either of the moondrops but am considering it sometime in the future if my budget allows. But it seems unfortunate that Moondrop is stopping production of the kansas pro, so we might only be left with the KXXS in the future.

I look forward to your detailed reviews for these guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back