Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 18, 2019 at 8:27 PM Post #24,362 of 33,689
Jun 18, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #24,363 of 33,689
Sony MH755...the Uiisii HM7 smell good but don't sound good. Don't know what had Igor ridden at the time...

And my crusade against overpriced/fantasy priced/non-value iems will begin next week. It is amazing how mainstream Chifi has gotten from $5-20 to $200-$400 in two years, and their marketing was supported by the countless "honest reviews" in exchange of "free samples"...and many of these are a bunch of photos interrupted I had made my case over and over again in the past that many free sampleteers effectively are the extension of the companies' marketing departments [they may not even be aware of it] and this closed system produces dependencies and therefore Yes-men (and -women), as they have to line up for more [Note: the critical reviewers are the grumpy ones!]. This is particularly evident when it comes to premium products...and to new product introductions (where deadlines have to be met).

Following the "honest" review type, we (Biodegraded, our man from the dollar store and the blog's measurement department) and I will introduce the "true" review, where we care about customers (not) being milked after having been brainwashed. It is "true" customer advocacy born from loaners (we insist on loaners when it comes to expensive products). Old Chinese proverb: if the horse is not a gift, we can look into its mouth. And not only that, we had an even better look right into its a...

Coming next week...

But for now, here another "independent" review...the Ikko OH1.

you want free samples too?? :D:D

Jun 18, 2019 at 11:42 PM Post #24,364 of 33,689
New kid "DIY" on the block...

I am trying a new DIY earphone, which I bought through taobao: HIFI BCD micro-drivers.

s-l1600 (4).jpgP_20190527_211454_1.jpg

So, the story goes; Nearly a month ago I received a head-fi email from a head-fi member that goes by the name of 'Tamerlan' telling me that he's a reviewer from the Ukraine. He claims that the HIFI BCD can outperform many single dynamics in the lower price range and can compete with more expensive ones costing up to 1000. Now, he never mentions if it's in dollars, but I can only assume, since he knows I'm a reviewer from America, though living in China. For the price, they are "dirt-cheap" here in China only costing me 53 RMB ($7.67 US dollars)!
...They are not the loudest, but so far they outperformed most of my Chi-FI IEM's with an incredible balanced and mature sound!

P_20190527_212645_1.jpgP_20190527_211614_2.jpg

Update: After giving the BCD a good 100 hours of playtime, I can’t believe how they produce such good quality hi-end technical sound for the price I paid! For me, what comes to mind is; Did this DIY company just copy the exact same famed Klipsch x10? I remember when the Klipsch x10 first came out, they were just under $350 US dollars, then they dropped their price significantly during the years to less than half that price! Is it possible the micro-drivers in the BCD are an exact copy? I auditioned the x10 many years ago and they were very good, but these are not short of amazing! So far, they are not harsh or sibilant sounding and sound overall natural and surprisingly crystal clear. Ironically, they can really outperform some of my top sounding Chi-Fi with built in BA's! But, I'll be "hush" about it for now until others can speak their minds on these amazing gems! So, now let's continue the Micro-driver competition!

P_20190527_212000_1.jpgP_20190527_212753_1.jpg

SOUND SIGNATURE:
They are nicely balanced with a natural sounding atmosphere and notably enhanced bass and hi-end treble with excellent details. Most of the time they have a continuous mixture of sounding bright and warm, the best of both worlds!

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE:
I used to believe that continues enhancements on IEM’s were only going to get better with new and improved driver type versions like BA’s and more advanced Planers “versus” the typical dynamic drivers. But honestly, I just took a step back when I heard the BCD micro-drivers. So, lesson learned...never judge an earphone by what’s inside until you try them, first!

SOUND DESCRIPTION:
BASS:
The bass on these are nothing less than amazing presenting clear continues quick bass with the pleasure of hearing nice deep rumble and details in the sub-terranean and upper-bass regions.

MIDRANGE:
With the midrange, vocals are clear and lively with the sense of sounding not too forward or laid-back, but just right!

TREBLE:
Treble on these are incredibly detailed, vivid, and raw! They present excellent high pitch notes while the lower treble does not present any harsh or sibilance with most genre’s I tried.

SOUNDSTAGE:
Soundstage has a 3D-like holographic environment with good width, depth, and frontal stage. Imaging is better than average with good spatial separation.

THE BENEFIT OF A SHIRT CLIP:
The BCD comes with a shirt clip, which keeps the micro-type earphones from dankling and falling off your ears. So, I believe that these are 100% useful and does its purpose according to its requirement.

OTHER COMPARISONS:
BCD VS Kailuhong AR-3001
The AR-3001 are amazing mini earphones with "Smart Voice Coil" for a MID vocal experience, but the BCD can clearly match them with better life-like transparency. And, though the AR-3001 has good clarity to go along with it, they are no match on the level of hi-end details the BCD presents. Both the AR-3001 and BCD are driven with good quality bass, but the BCD outperforms the AR-3001 with better texture and clarity in the sub-bass region, as well.

BCD VS MEMT X5s
What better match-up than comparing the BCD to the upgraded MEMT X5s! I like the MEMT X5s very much! It carries plenty of bass, clear vocals, and clean treble, but that's where it all ends with the BCD just soaring past them! With the BCD you can nick-pick better details in the bass, midrange, and treble while sounding more natural and mature from vocals to even crash cymbals and hi-hats.

BCD VS Joyroom JR-E107
Once upon a time, I enjoyed the Joyroom JR-E107 very much, but today there is just too much competition to say the least! And, though they are nicely balanced with good soundstage and imaging, the lack of sounding natural are overthrone by the almighty BCD's speed, texture, and natural signature. They are just technically better!

PROS:
Awesome clean and balanced sound signature, plus nice durable cables for its small size with shirt clip and carry case.

CONS:
I bought a few of them (4 to be exact), but the right driver on one of them was slightly louder than the left one. Slight QC issue, I guess?

SPECS:
s-l1600 (5).jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:
At such a low price, I dare anyone to purchase these and speak your mind on the mind-blowing experience you’ll encounter with these as I did.

WHERE TO PURCHASE:
Currently, for overseas purchase, I only found them on "Ebay". But, though the price is a little high, they are well worth it, IMHO!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Performance-Hifi-BCD-Earphones-/232970334653

Thanks to Slater! He posted that they can be found here as well...
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/TWtrcwc

Finally, I would like to thank 'Tamerlan' (head-fi member) for his suggestion on getting the HiFi BCD…Good looking out! :wink::thumbsup:

-Clear:v::sunglasses:

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2019 at 12:45 AM Post #24,366 of 33,689
I've got a set of the HiFi BCD X10 on order, but they haven't arrived yet.

Jun 19, 2019 at 2:37 AM Post #24,367 of 33,689
Sony MH755...the Uiisii HM7 smell good but don't sound good. Don't know what had Igor ridden at the time...

And my crusade against overpriced/fantasy priced/non-value iems will begin next week. It is amazing how mainstream Chifi has gotten from $5-20 to $200-$400 in two years, and their marketing was supported by the countless "honest reviews" in exchange of "free samples"...and many of these are a bunch of photos interrupted I had made my case over and over again in the past that many free sampleteers effectively are the extension of the companies' marketing departments [they may not even be aware of it] and this closed system produces dependencies and therefore Yes-men (and -women), as they have to line up for more [Note: the critical reviewers are the grumpy ones!]. This is particularly evident when it comes to premium products...and to new product introductions (where deadlines have to be met).

Following the "honest" review type, we (Biodegraded, our man from the dollar store and the blog's measurement department) and I will introduce the "true" review, where we care about customers (not) being milked after having been brainwashed. It is "true" customer advocacy born from loaners (we insist on loaners when it comes to expensive products). Old Chinese proverb: if the horse is not a gift, we can look into its mouth. And not only that, we had an even better look right into its a...

Coming next week...

But for now, here another "independent" review...the Ikko OH1.

Aren't he MH755 the ones that come with the SBH-50?
If yes I have them and found them horrible with only muddy bass that bleeds all over mids and highs, I replaced them back then with a pair of ATES that were much better and balanced

Jun 19, 2019 at 3:29 AM Post #24,368 of 33,689
Good afternoon, dear reviewers. I completely agree with the opinion of 1Clearhead. I also add that these headphones show the exceptional correctness of the instrument timbres. 99% of all headphones are dominated or shifted octaves. Here it is not. Everything plays as it should play, and if the high frequencies may seem dominant to many, this is not so! when I sit on the 1st row of a concert performance, it rings and reduces my ears from the sound of the drums' cymbals. real ringing And this is with live performance. Therefore, these headphones play all the sound material with exceptional clarity and tonal accuracy. They also have an excellent transfer of the volume of the room, the room, due to micro parts 2.3 and even 4 backgrounds. Reverb and percussion perfectly convey the feeling of a room. what else to add? The first thought that came when listening to these babies - THEY KILLER STAX? I turned on the full-sized RS1e after them, and the sound in the RS1e seemed dull, buzzing, non-detailed and booming. Here is such a story. But that is not all. These headphones are in my place number 2 in my personal rating. There is 1 more pair of headphones, their price is $ 130, after eavesdropping of which I return to BCD, and the sound of BCD seems hazy and less detailed. I will keep the intrigue a few more weeks. )))

Jun 19, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #24,369 of 33,689
Good afternoon, dear reviewers. I completely agree with the opinion of 1Clearhead. I also add that these headphones show the exceptional correctness of the instrument timbres. 99% of all headphones are dominated or shifted octaves. Here it is not. Everything plays as it should play, and if the high frequencies may seem dominant to many, this is not so! when I sit on the 1st row of a concert performance, it rings and reduces my ears from the sound of the drums' cymbals. real ringing And this is with live performance. Therefore, these headphones play all the sound material with exceptional clarity and tonal accuracy. They also have an excellent transfer of the volume of the room, the room, due to micro parts 2.3 and even 4 backgrounds. Reverb and percussion perfectly convey the feeling of a room. what else to add? The first thought that came when listening to these babies - THEY KILLER STAX? I turned on the full-sized RS1e after them, and the sound in the RS1e seemed dull, buzzing, non-detailed and booming. Here is such a story. But that is not all. These headphones are in my place number 2 in my personal rating. There is 1 more pair of headphones, their price is $ 130, after eavesdropping of which I return to BCD, and the sound of BCD seems hazy and less detailed. I will keep the intrigue a few more weeks. )))
Interesting!...Can't wait on your number one favorites in the weeks to come.:fingers_crossed:

Cheers! :beerchug:

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2019 at 4:30 AM Post #24,370 of 33,689
are you disguising Ali affiliate links in those viglinks? if so I don't think it's very nice creating cookies in unsuspecting people's browsers under your affiliate key, especially since you never inform them

All i did is to search for the lowest price for tin t2 and copy and paste the url from my address bar here to try to help someone, but i will try not to do that in future if that is soo hostile to you guys. Sorry i can delete it if needed?

Jun 19, 2019 at 4:52 AM Post #24,371 of 33,689
New kid "DIY" on the block...

I am trying a new DIY earphone, which I bought through taobao: HIFI BCD micro-drivers.

So, the story goes; Nearly a month ago I received a head-fi email from a head-fi member that goes by the name of 'Tamerlan' telling me that he's a reviewer from the Ukraine. He claims that the HIFI BCD can outperform many single dynamics in the lower price range and can compete with more expensive ones costing up to 1000. Now, he never mentions if it's in dollars, but I can only assume, since he knows I'm a reviewer from America, though living in China. For the price, they are "dirt-cheap" here in China only costing me 53 RMB ($7.67 US dollars)!
...They are not the loudest, but so far they outperformed most of my Chi-FI IEM's with an incredible balanced and mature sound!

Update: After giving the BCD a good 100 hours of playtime, I can’t believe how they produce such good quality hi-end technical sound for the price I paid! For me, what comes to mind is; Did this DIY company just copy the exact same famed Klipsch x10? I remember when the Klipsch x10 first came out, they were just under $350 US dollars, then they dropped their price significantly during the years to less than half that price! Is it possible the micro-drivers in the BCD are an exact copy? I auditioned the x10 many years ago and they were very good, but these are not short of amazing! So far, they are not harsh or sibilant sounding and sound overall natural and surprisingly crystal clear. Ironically, they can really outperform some of my top sounding Chi-Fi with built in BA's! But, I'll be "hush" about it for now until others can speak their minds on these amazing gems! So, now let's continue the Micro-driver competition!

SOUND SIGNATURE:
They are nicely balanced with a natural sounding atmosphere and notably enhanced bass and hi-end treble with excellent details. Most of the time they have a continuous mixture of sounding bright and warm, the best of both worlds!

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE:
I used to believe that continues enhancements on IEM’s were only going to get better with new and improved driver type versions like BA’s and more advanced Planers “versus” the typical dynamic drivers. But honestly, I just took a step back when I heard the BCD micro-drivers. So, lesson learned...never judge an earphone by what’s inside until you try them, first!

SOUND DESCRIPTION:
BASS:
The bass on these are nothing less than amazing presenting clear continues quick bass with the pleasure of hearing nice deep rumble and details in the sub-terranean and upper-bass regions.

MIDRANGE:
With the midrange, vocals are clear and lively with the sense of sounding not too forward or laid-back, but just right!

TREBLE:
Treble on these are incredibly detailed, vivid, and raw! They present excellent high pitch notes while the lower treble does not present any harsh or sibilance with most genre’s I tried.

SOUNDSTAGE:
Soundstage has a 3D-like holographic environment with good width, depth, and frontal stage. Imaging is better than average with good spatial separation.

THE BENEFIT OF A SHIRT CLIP:
The BCD comes with a shirt clip, which keeps the micro-type earphones from dankling and falling off your ears. So, I believe that these are 100% useful and does its purpose according to its requirement.

OTHER COMPARISONS:
BCD VS Kailuhong AR-3001
The AR-3001 are amazing mini earphones with "Smart Voice Coil" for a MID vocal experience, but the BCD can clearly match them with better life-like transparency. And, though the AR-3001 has good clarity to go along with it, they are no match on the level of hi-end details the BCD presents. Both the AR-3001 and BCD are driven with good quality bass, but the BCD outperforms the AR-3001 with better texture and clarity in the sub-bass region, as well.

BCD VS MEMT X5s
What better match-up than comparing the BCD to the upgraded MEMT X5s! I like the MEMT X5s very much! It carries plenty of bass, clear vocals, and clean treble, but that's where it all ends with the BCD just soaring past them! With the BCD you can nick-pick better details in the bass, midrange, and treble while sounding more natural and mature from vocals to even crash cymbals and hi-hats.

BCD VS Joyroom JR-E107
Once upon a time, I enjoyed the Joyroom JR-E107 very much, but today there is just too much competition to say the least! And, though they are nicely balanced with good soundstage and imaging, the lack of sounding natural are overthrone by the almighty BCD's speed, texture, and natural signature. They are just technically better!

PROS:
Awesome clean and balanced sound signature, plus nice durable cables for its small size with shirt clip and carry case.

CONS:
I bought a few of them (4 to be exact), but the right driver on one of them was slightly louder than the left one. Slight QC issue, I guess?

SPECS:

FINAL THOUGHTS:
At such a low price, I dare anyone to purchase these and speak your mind on the mind-blowing experience you’ll encounter with these as I did.

WHERE TO PURCHASE:
Currently, for overseas purchase, I only found them on "Ebay". But, though the price is a little high, they are well worth it, IMHO!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Performance-Hifi-BCD-Earphones-/232970334653

Thanks to Slater! He posted that they can be found here as well...
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/TWtrcwc

Finally, I would like to thank 'Tamerlan' (head-fi member) for his suggestion on getting the HiFi BCD…Good looking out! :wink::thumbsup:

-Clear:v::sunglasses:

Any graphs to complement your observations? The help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2019 at 5:02 AM Post #24,373 of 33,689
Sorry, I don't have the equipment for FR graphs...too busy working in China. :sweat:

Well that's a little unfortunate. This has my interest peaked still. Guess I'll put it on my tab. Thanks for the detailed explanation on the iem anyways.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #24,374 of 33,689
Fearless Y2K-G10 Initial Impression
Highly musical sound with a smooth yet impactful bass. The midrange is forward and bodied. Treble is extended well with smoothness and never harsh. There is a holographic presentation with fullness. An outstanding flagship from Fearless that rivals even the likes of my Noble Kaiser Encore. Full review soon. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

Jun 19, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #24,375 of 33,689
All i did is to search for the lowest price for tin t2 and copy and paste the url from my address bar here to try to help someone, but i will try not to do that in future if that is soo hostile to you guys. Sorry i can delete it if needed?

All you need to do is edit the link as I explained earlier. Links are useful. You are not alone. I think most people still do not understand how to remove the affiliate links part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back