Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 19, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #24,377 of 33,689
Cheapest I can find the bcd x10 is $22. Was hopin for that $8 deal lol

I bought the BCD from that ebay seller and find it to be well worth the price, which is the same as the aliexpress price by the time you add shipping to the ebay one. Arrived quickly, no problems. Sounds great just as Clear described.

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #24,380 of 33,689
New kid "DIY" on the block...

I am trying a new DIY earphone, which I bought through taobao: HIFI BCD micro-drivers.

So, the story goes; Nearly a month ago I received a head-fi email from a head-fi member that goes by the name of 'Tamerlan' telling me that he's a reviewer from the Ukraine. He claims that the HIFI BCD can outperform many single dynamics in the lower price range and can compete with more expensive ones costing up to 1000. Now, he never mentions if it's in dollars, but I can only assume, since he knows I'm a reviewer from America, though living in China. For the price, they are "dirt-cheap" here in China only costing me 53 RMB ($7.67 US dollars)!
...They are not the loudest, but so far they outperformed most of my Chi-FI IEM's with an incredible balanced and mature sound!

Update: After giving the BCD a good 100 hours of playtime, I can’t believe how they produce such good quality hi-end technical sound for the price I paid! For me, what comes to mind is; Did this DIY company just copy the exact same famed Klipsch x10? I remember when the Klipsch x10 first came out, they were just under $350 US dollars, then they dropped their price significantly during the years to less than half that price! Is it possible the micro-drivers in the BCD are an exact copy? I auditioned the x10 many years ago and they were very good, but these are not short of amazing! So far, they are not harsh or sibilant sounding and sound overall natural and surprisingly crystal clear. Ironically, they can really outperform some of my top sounding Chi-Fi with built in BA's! But, I'll be "hush" about it for now until others can speak their minds on these amazing gems! So, now let's continue the Micro-driver competition!

SOUND SIGNATURE:
They are nicely balanced with a natural sounding atmosphere and notably enhanced bass and hi-end treble with excellent details. Most of the time they have a continuous mixture of sounding bright and warm, the best of both worlds!

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE:
I used to believe that continues enhancements on IEM’s were only going to get better with new and improved driver type versions like BA’s and more advanced Planers “versus” the typical dynamic drivers. But honestly, I just took a step back when I heard the BCD micro-drivers. So, lesson learned...never judge an earphone by what’s inside until you try them, first!

SOUND DESCRIPTION:
BASS:
The bass on these are nothing less than amazing presenting clear continues quick bass with the pleasure of hearing nice deep rumble and details in the sub-terranean and upper-bass regions.

MIDRANGE:
With the midrange, vocals are clear and lively with the sense of sounding not too forward or laid-back, but just right!

TREBLE:
Treble on these are incredibly detailed, vivid, and raw! They present excellent high pitch notes while the lower treble does not present any harsh or sibilance with most genre’s I tried.

SOUNDSTAGE:
Soundstage has a 3D-like holographic environment with good width, depth, and frontal stage. Imaging is better than average with good spatial separation.

THE BENEFIT OF A SHIRT CLIP:
The BCD comes with a shirt clip, which keeps the micro-type earphones from dankling and falling off your ears. So, I believe that these are 100% useful and does its purpose according to its requirement.

OTHER COMPARISONS:
BCD VS Kailuhong AR-3001
The AR-3001 are amazing mini earphones with "Smart Voice Coil" for a MID vocal experience, but the BCD can clearly match them with better life-like transparency. And, though the AR-3001 has good clarity to go along with it, they are no match on the level of hi-end details the BCD presents. Both the AR-3001 and BCD are driven with good quality bass, but the BCD outperforms the AR-3001 with better texture and clarity in the sub-bass region, as well.

BCD VS MEMT X5s
What better match-up than comparing the BCD to the upgraded MEMT X5s! I like the MEMT X5s very much! It carries plenty of bass, clear vocals, and clean treble, but that's where it all ends with the BCD just soaring past them! With the BCD you can nick-pick better details in the bass, midrange, and treble while sounding more natural and mature from vocals to even crash cymbals and hi-hats.

BCD VS Joyroom JR-E107
Once upon a time, I enjoyed the Joyroom JR-E107 very much, but today there is just too much competition to say the least! And, though they are nicely balanced with good soundstage and imaging, the lack of sounding natural are overthrone by the almighty BCD's speed, texture, and natural signature. They are just technically better!

PROS:
Awesome clean and balanced sound signature, plus nice durable cables for its small size with shirt clip and carry case.

CONS:
I bought a few of them (4 to be exact), but the right driver on one of them was slightly louder than the left one. Slight QC issue, I guess?

SPECS:

FINAL THOUGHTS:
At such a low price, I dare anyone to purchase these and speak your mind on the mind-blowing experience you’ll encounter with these as I did.

WHERE TO PURCHASE:
Currently, for overseas purchase, I only found them on "Ebay". But, though the price is a little high, they are well worth it, IMHO!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Performance-Hifi-BCD-Earphones-/232970334653

Thanks to Slater! He posted that they can be found here as well...
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/TWtrcwc

Finally, I would like to thank 'Tamerlan' (head-fi member) for his suggestion on getting the HiFi BCD…Good looking out! :wink::thumbsup:

-Clear:v::sunglasses:

I got mine and haven't had much ear time with it (extra busy with work), but the thing that stood out was the details/resolution, its quite brilliant. Unlike the QCY QM05 (that had gobs of subbass) you recommended before, this thing is more balanced (my impression was a slight V-shape? but again, not much time to test).

Sadly, the fit is main reason why I also don't like Etys, can't seem to get the "proper" fit. I'll play around with it more once I have the time. Also the tips are eerily AET-like, but shorter. Pity it doesn't feel as good as an actual Acoustune tip. Small bore so only the stock tips, AET tips (using AET08 on it), and the Sony MH755 tips fit without falling off.

Minor nitpick, didn't get the clip and cable comes with mic but cable is that weird rubbery one that's quite microphonic. Not like the form factor allows much leeway in removable cables, but still.

To sum it up, quite happy with the BCD X10!

Jun 19, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #24,381 of 33,689
Aren't he MH755 the ones that come with the SBH-50?
If yes I have them and found them horrible with only muddy bass that bleeds all over mids and highs, I replaced them back then with a pair of ATES that were much better and balanced
Yes, that's my experience with the MH755. I found the mids veiled and ill-defined, the bass bloated and the treble lacking detail. When you read the glowing testimonials of others here it makes me wonder if there are serious QC issues or a lot of fakes around.

Jun 19, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #24,382 of 33,689
Aren't he MH755 the ones that come with the SBH-50?
If yes I have them and found them horrible with only muddy bass that bleeds all over mids and highs, I replaced them back then with a pair of ATES that were much better and balanced
No idea where the come from/with. Find them quickly assessed here [I had asked him for it]: https://crinacle.com/ranking-list/

Jun 19, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #24,383 of 33,689
you want free samples too?? :D:D
I got a box of them waiting to find a charity. But, talking of expensive stuff, no!

Yes, that's my experience with the MH755. I found the mids veiled and ill-defined, the bass bloated and the treble lacking detail. When you read the glowing testimonials of others here it makes me wonder if there are serious QC issues or a lot of fakes around.
Sure you got the original and not a fake? I find these stellar....superbly tonally balanced...they blew me off my chair...and they were freebies, my co-blogger got them for $7 AUS from ebay. A victory for dollar-store audiophiles.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #24,384 of 33,689

Sure you got the original and not a fake? I find these stellar....superbly tonally balanced...they blew me off my chair...and they were freebies, my co-blogger got them for $7 AUS from ebay. A victory for dollar-store audiophiles.

Yeah, there’s a lot of fakes. Sounds like you got one.

Jun 19, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #24,385 of 33,689
I got a box of them waiting to find a charity. But, talking of expensive stuff, no!

I've had the same issue, no charity will take them. All for hygienic reasons it seems which I understand, but also find annoying. My parent's are going to India in a few weeks so I am giving them all my IEMs and a few earbuds to take down there to donate to a music school. Let me know if you'd like to donate any of yours as well to them. My parents will will donate school uniforms, food, and the headphones this time around.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #24,386 of 33,689
Yeah, there’s a lot of fakes. Sounds like you got one.
I totally love these: good, unpretentious, and cheap. The tonal balance is a treat. Haven't taken them out of my ears for two days. These are high-quality iems and do the job well for any kind of music.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #24,387 of 33,689
I've had the same issue, no charity will take them. All for hygienic reasons it seems which I understand, but also find annoying. My parent's are going to India in a few weeks so I am giving them all my IEMs and a few earbuds to take down there to donate to a music school. Let me know if you'd like to send them down. My parents will donate school uniforms, food, and the headphones this time around.

To India? Good idea. Send me a pm.

Jun 19, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #24,388 of 33,689
Fiio FH1 good for $48? Seems like I can score a new one for that price and I am tempted.

What is good about FH1:
-Nice shape with one of the best fits for me
-Very good plastic, light
-Nice cables, tips, etc

I have not listened to it in months though....
V-shaped, with a bit bloated bass (if some complains about CCA C10 in this regard, well...)
I also thought that I can hear the crossover in some cello music.

Other than superior packaging and accesories, I would rate it in between ZSN and CA4 (analogue of ZSN Pro).

Jun 19, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #24,389 of 33,689
What is good about FH1:
-Nice shape with one of the best fits for me
-Very good plastic, light
-Nice cables, tips, etc

I have not listened to it in months though....
V-shaped, with a bit bloated bass (if some complains about CCA C10 in this regard, well...)
I also thought that I can hear the crossover in some cello music.

Other than superior packaging and accesories, I would rate it in between ZSN and CA4 (analogue of ZSN Pro).
Its got Knowles tho. Lol. So not worth it? Hbb was hyping them up so that's what got me thinking. You pretty much destroyed that hype so thanks. I would just be spending money II don't really want to spend just to use a $10 coupon.

Jun 19, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #24,390 of 33,689
Its got Knowles tho. Lol. So not worth it? Hbb was hyping them up so that's what got me thinking. You pretty much destroyed that hype so thanks. I would just be spending money II don't really want to spend just to use a $10 coupon.
I never was into names.
Knowles (in FH1 and F9pro) feel better dampened, smoother, but I personally appreciate grainier KZ BAs for strings, but it is definitely my subjective opinion for what it is worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back