Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 29, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #23,297 of 33,689
Thats good then...enjoy the music!

Hey all TRN fans, which is your favorite between these 3: V80, IM1, or V30? .....I’m curious because
I’m not sure if I could pick one....thanks!
My vote goes to the IM1

Apr 29, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #23,298 of 33,689
:thinking:Whats a nine tail? So many 2 letter names and I don’t know what any stand for. If its banned just say a banned whatever but please for an old head who wants to check all this stuff out leave a full name or link.....please!:pray:
(Insert picture of old guy scratching his head)....lol:older_man:

Here is a link for the Toneking Nine Tail. The name comes from the fact that there are nine filter combinations. I use silver /silver.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...-Nine-Tunes-HIFI-Fever-Metal/32970138821.html

I personally have never used this store. Mine were from NIceHCK, more than a year ago but he is sold out.

edit... well that was fun... the link kept messing up when I was using my tablet. Finally had to go to my PC to properly edit the post. Note to self: don't be lazy

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #23,299 of 33,689
Mine was free. My husband had bought it for the preorder price which was half of that. The first batch shipped with most wired out of phase. The seller very quickly sent replacements without requiring the first one to be returned.

So that is now my free pair. It has been fixed by just reversing the cable pins on one side. The disadvantage being that I can't use a cable with a preformed ear guide unless we open the earpiece to flip the connector around....a little scary with such an expensive piece. I prefer to leave it.

The Zenith is not Asian. It is British.

So I suppose that the worker in the shop making your iem was not British; And thought the wire should be on the other side of the road...

Apr 29, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #23,300 of 33,689
Newbie looking for help.

Just ordered a LG V20 and KSC 75x but I need a pair of IEMs, ideally with ANC for travel.

What would you recommend in the sub £50 range, really looking for best value for money, are there any standout options in terms of value?

I like rock music, slight scooped profile
Thanks

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2019 at 8:29 PM Post #23,301 of 33,689
Newbie looking for help.

Just ordered a LG V20 and KSC 75x but I need a pair of IEMs, ideally with ANC for travel.

What would you recommend in the sub £50 range, really looking for best value for money, are there any standout options in terms of value?

I like rock music, slight scooped profile
Thanks

ANC is an active function that requires battery power and mics and such. So I assume you’re looking for something Bluetooth with ANC?

Because there’s a lot less options in hard wired IEMs with ANC.

Apr 29, 2019 at 8:57 PM Post #23,302 of 33,689
Was thinking wired to get more quailty from the v20

But maybe i should get one pair for quailty and another pair for anc

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2019 at 9:39 PM Post #23,303 of 33,689

Don't think you'll find any good sounding IEMS with ANC under $50. But there are lots of IEMS under $50 with good passive noise reduction. If you get one with a bit of bass boost, it will counteract/overcome the low frequency drone from airplanes, trains, buses, etc... A sealed IEM without ports, will have better passive noise reduction. If you want advice, you'll need to explain what music style you like, or what sound you like. V shaped, Neutral. base boost, treble boost. etc...

Apr 29, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #23,304 of 33,689

Don't think you'll find any good sounding IEMS with ANC under $50. But there are lots of IEMS under $50 with good passive noise reduction. If you get one with a bit of bass boost, it will counteract/overcome the low frequency drone from airplanes, trains, buses, etc... A sealed IEM without ports, will have better passive noise reduction. If you want advice, you'll need to explain what music style you like, or what sound you like. V shaped, Neutral. base boost, treble boost. etc...

Agreed with CactusPete.

I was going to clarify with Starfinder if he was just looking for passive NC, or if he absolutely had to have ANC.

Because IMO, Bose has the best ANC hands down. But from an audiophile perspective, there’s way better sounding (and cheaper) options if you’re willing to go with passive NC.

So if you’re just trying to drown out the world, passive NC can be just as effective (in most cases) and it’s a lot less complicated.

Apr 29, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #23,305 of 33,689
I got rid of many I purchased myself [to friends and family in Germany] and of review units [co-Head-Fiers, local volunteers...]...I always leave a note in the individual review's disclaimer. Kept a few modest ones which I have modded [Hifi Walker A1] or purchased third party stuff for such as filters...but I am not attached to most. Voluntarily returned a couple to the manufacturer [the problem is that they typically don't want that...they want a favourable review in exchange of a freebie as the freebies are part of their marketing budget...the fact that a review is spot on while revealing substantial flaws is not in their marketing departments' interest...I ran into real problems with angry sellers/manufacturers].

Tried to find a charity for bulk drop-off but have failed so far. Syrian refugees or other newcomers to Canada may get pleasure out of them. I got a whole box packed up. A school thankfully declined for hygienic reasons.

Currently sitting on two 2+4s which are more difficult to get rid off than attracting them. Will pool in my box and drop off in bulk.

My general policy is that I definitely never keep stuff I would never purchase, price wise (e.g. $1000 ones..though, to be honest, nobody has ever offered such to me). I have presently a $100 Sennheiser loaner that is so good that I will go out and buy a pair. Refreshing that somebody asks for their stuff back, especially since this is the rare case where it hurts :wink:. Will that give my review more credibility than a painfully convoluted explanation in a lengthy disclaimer why I had to hold on to it and how the marketing department dictated me to keep it for my own use...? I'd rather fork out $100 than doing that.

On the other hand I don't I want to be the extension of a company's marketing department and limit my illustrations to a pragmatic level [surely, they'd prefer a photo album]. Also something that doesn't make dealing with them easier.

The other thinking is that there is so much stuff going through my hands that I could not care less keeping most as the ever newer stuff will take all my listening time.

I run the blog on $17 USD per year and without any ads or associate links [just paying for the domain but host the files as add-on with the host of my professional website].

In summary, not relying on freebies gives one lots of freedom...but, and this accounts to me, too: it is never too late to sell out.

P.S. It is interesting how different reviewers can have very similar observations and how the conclusions differ according to their disclaimers.

Oh hello, fellow Calgarian! I'll gladly buy some of your unused collections if you don't need them. I just started this hobby last December, and now I think I'm falling too deep into the rabbit hole HA HA HA (rip wallet)

Apr 30, 2019 at 3:05 AM Post #23,309 of 33,689
Agreed with CactusPete.

I was going to clarify with Starfinder if he was just looking for passive NC, or if he absolutely had to have ANC.

Because IMO, Bose has the best ANC hands down. But from an audiophile perspective, there’s way better sounding (and cheaper) options if you’re willing to go with passive NC.

So if you’re just trying to drown out the world, passive NC can be just as effective (in most cases) and it’s a lot less complicated.

Sorry, i thought i had edited my profile info but it didn't take.

I like rock, pink floyd, nirvana. Quite like a little scoop on eq profile, but only a little. Was thinking, provided quality is not deminished by eqing in v20, i could get a flat profile and eq to taste. But tbh price vs quality ratio is more important.

Given whats been said on anc already lets forget that idea (might get a secondhand pair of boss qc20 later) and just aim for good pnc/isolation and quality vs value (sub £50).

Thanks

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2019 at 6:07 AM Post #23,310 of 33,689
Oh hello, fellow Calgarian! I'll gladly buy some of your unused collections if you don't need them. I just started this hobby last December, and now I think I'm falling too deep into the rabbit hole HA HA HA (rip wallet)

Fellow Calgarian as well here!

Sounds like a CanJam Calgary meet with @Otto Motor brewing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back