Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 17, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #23,101 of 33,689
... like you would have to sell the house to buy them?

Their flagship the Ra C-Cu has a 40% discount at Audio Sanctuary ATM, it's only £6000, quite a bargain for the hip city traders who buy them I guess.

Apr 17, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #23,103 of 33,689
i just saw the Hisenior page, they make custom version of the B5+ for 114$ !!!!
one guy got two pairs, now that is crazy
UTB8p10mmXfJXKJkSamHq6zLyVXaJ.jpg UTB8BiPME5aMiuJk43PTq6ySmXXao.jpg

Apr 17, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #23,106 of 33,689
I can't be the only one who's feeling sorry for the folks who bought the top tier oBravo for 10k, 4k markoff is just ridiculous. If it's that easy to mark a product down 40% outta nowhere imagine the profit margin.

On a seemingly unrelated note, anyone wanna start an audio startup with me?? Anyone??? :beyersmile:

Apr 17, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #23,107 of 33,689
i just saw the Hisenior page, they make custom version of the B5+ for 114$ !!!!
one guy got two pairs, now that is crazy

There are too many beautiful choices. How would one decide?

Apr 17, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #23,108 of 33,689
Apr 17, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #23,109 of 33,689
Do NOT buy oBravo. I had a pair and totally disappointing. There’s a lot of bull in this sector imo. They see us as idiots.

Which model was that and what was wrong with it?

Apr 17, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #23,110 of 33,689
Upon public request is my colleague Dr. Schweinsgruber unboxing two new and interesting earbuds: the ISN Audio Rambo and the Smabat ST-10. Warning: unboxing is generally really boring -- please ignore these two video clips, don't blame me for anything, and don't report this. You do this at your own risk :wink:.

IMG_0404.jpeg IMG_0361.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019 at 7:23 PM Post #23,111 of 33,689
Upon public request is my colleague Dr. Schweinsgruber unboxing two new and interesting earbuds: the ISN Audio Rambo and the Smabat ST-10. Warning: unboxing is generally really boring -- please ignore these two video clips, don't blame me for anything, and don't report this. You do this at your own risk :wink:.

I didn't realize you were getting the Smabat!

Apr 18, 2019 at 12:16 AM Post #23,113 of 33,689
Gosh, maybe mods just do their job and nobody "ratted out". He made a new thread for a product that had a thread already, ditto for the review page.

maybe it happened because HeadFi didn't give out any related results for a search (this is true). Now, when found - separate item and review is removed. Review was added to the existing item...

Apr 18, 2019 at 1:01 AM Post #23,114 of 33,689
CCA C16 reveals enough for me that imperfection of the recordings become more prominent, and in many cases I am happier to listen with AS10.
I am not talking about "natural tonality". I am not sure what it would mean exactly, given that many prefer lamp amplifiers and vinyl records...

Those graphs are produced by a sweep of frequencies, and there are no ways that a single membrane reproduces many different frequencies without distortions (in case you are thinking of "perfection").

Most important for me that I really like the music I listen to - how it sounds - with my IEMs and I share my experience :)
hey, I really love that you really, really like your CCA C16s. Its great that you enjoy the AS10s as a casual pair of IEMs. but I own a pair of KZ AS10s. I couldn't stand the weird treble resonance happening inside the IEMs, so I pulled out the grills and voila, they were instantly singing far and wide. And so I switch back and forth between them as the KZs were a gift from my beloved wife. For the past three days, I couldn't seem to be bothered to locate the Moondrop Kanas Pros I so-dearly love but hate sometime. So I spend the 3 days with the AS10s. I run my audio out of an LG G7 One with UAPP's Bit Perfect and MQA decoder (Hence Tidal MQA unfolds are 4x. 44.1k tracks get output as 176.4k, lol) and I am kind of okay with the way AS10s sound, y'know? They're fine and the imaging is pretty sweet.

Today I decide to take the Kanas Pros to work and I JUST COULDN'T wait to listen to them when I had the chance. That's because the sound was improved from every single aspect. Maybe the soundstage wasn't as wide, but the depth combined with the imaging was very, very good. And then after paying a little bit of attention I start to notice the puny little details that got lost when I was listening to the AS10s. End result? I take back the Kanas Pro as my faithful servant, and I don't plan on looking back.

Okay, maybe I'll look forward to better IEMs!!! Maybe the FH5s or even Moondrop flagships. Don't look at me funny!!!

My point being, of course you'll find your ceiling. But here's the magic spell that will break your peace : "Your gears have a better counterpart hundreds of dollars away. " and that'll ruin everything.
If I say .. your earphones are imbalanced!!

But hey, if you decide to seek the ultimate nirvana, the only advice I could offer you is, don't buy into the snake-oil hype that targets people who don't know any better. Be the well aware consumer, and spend that money behind a proper TOTL. That's why I stay up nights, with my perfect earphones in my ears and keep researching awesome new tech for my next upgrade. I think this is one of the important parts of this hobby, as frustrating as it may be. But it keeps me happy, just like your listening experience keeps YOU happy, man. :)

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2019 at 1:32 AM Post #23,115 of 33,689
Hello there..

I'm in the market for a 150$ or less iem..got my eyes on the ikko oh1. Since I listen mostly to rock/hard rock and some metal would you recommend them or I better look at something else.

Ps: they should be easy to drive (smartphone)

Thanks, Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back