Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 10, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #22,516 of 33,689
New cable looks nice! When did they change the cable? The old style was my only real complaint with the B3.

Are all B3s now selling with this new cable, or just some?

Hey, Slater!

This BossHiFi was offered by a particular AliExpress store. Perhaps the store had requested BossHiFi make a special edition B3 for them. In addition to the upgraded cable note that the metal is polished as opposed to the matte finish that every other B3 has. Not sure if that particular edition is still available but most folks will get this one.

41Az8nVY3FL.jpg

Mar 11, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #22,518 of 33,689
I’m taking one for the team. Ordered the Crescent....not the Moondrop Crescent, but the Faaeal Cresent which is a single APET Dynamic driver configuration. $25, no reviews. I thought it might be interesting as I like the driver in the EP10 NiceHck and thought it might be similar but in a different form factor. Offered in two disgusting colors: brass and pinkish brass.
i'm overstuffed with budget iems, but these faaeal look intriguing--their snow lotus buds (which i think panda recommended to me) are genuinely great for the $$$

Mar 11, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #22,519 of 33,689
i will not say they are flat but more towards a mid eccentric and V shaped balanced combo...

Eh, how can it be both mid centric and V-shaped?

Edit: just found a graph for them, looks U-shaped??

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #22,522 of 33,689
Mar 11, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #22,523 of 33,689
Good to know. I want your opinion comparing to zs6
Was listening to N3 whole day and listening to ZS6.

ZS6 has more bass punch and quantity. Especially midbass. Subbass extension seems similar to N3.
Mids are warmer and bit fuller than N3.
Treble is less extended and less detailed, but also less metallic. ZS6 is very sibilant and can me quite harsh to my ears. No sibilance heard with N3.
Neither of these sounds completely natural but I like N3 more for its details.

Will make FR graph comparison later today or tomorrow.

Mar 11, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #22,524 of 33,689
Boys, i know this may sound strange but i think i'm loving the EZ Audio D4 more than how much i love my ZS7 (which is actually my main daily driver)

Am i going crazy?

Mar 11, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #22,526 of 33,689
Boys, i know this may sound strange but i think i'm loving the EZ Audio D4 more than how much i love my ZS7 (which is actually my main daily driver)

Am i going crazy?
That's because you prefer the more natural timbre of a dynamic driver. The timbre is the forest, and the resolution/layering/soundstage/bass/mids/treble are the trees. Our brain first reacts to the timbre/overall impression and the "trees" are explored in analytical listening...but not so much in everyday use.

Think big!

Mar 11, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #22,527 of 33,689
That's because you prefer the more natural timbre of a dynamic driver. The timbre is the forest, and the resolution/layering/soundstage/bass/mids/treble are the trees. Our brain first reacts to the timbre/overall impression and the "trees" are explored in analytical listening...but not so much in everyday use.

Think big!

Yea, probably because of it.
That doesn't mean the D4 is bad in technical abilities anyway.. but i like that for the timbre, and it slams very hard in the low end with double flange tips from the Memt x5

Mar 11, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #22,529 of 33,689
Hey, Slater!

This BossHiFi was offered by a particular AliExpress store. Perhaps the store had requested BossHiFi make a special edition B3 for them. In addition to the upgraded cable note that the metal is polished as opposed to the matte finish that every other B3 has. Not sure if that particular edition is still available but most folks will get this one.

feel the nuclear power
HTB12MpvKpXXXXc2XFXXq6xXFXXXO.jpg

Mar 11, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #22,530 of 33,689
There’s a nice selection of silicone tips, including a set of Spinfits. However, I’m using Starlines at the moment.
The EX500 are a great buy at $13, especially for the included Spinfit and wide bore tips.

The Rosewills are an inexpensive way to check out ceramic driver technology to see if you like it. If I had paid >$40 for the Artiste DC1 version, I probably would be more upset.
Picked up a pair out of curiosity (and I was a bit shy of free shipping on Amazon and wanted to try out Spinfits anyhow and for a few bucks more sure I'll get a random IEM to poke at why not), hadn't realized before ordering they are cable-down. Oops. They fall right out using stock tips (though they sound quite nice if I hold them in place), but while I'm not wild about what the Spinfits do to their treble/balance they stayed in reasonably well. Haven't bothered trying out the Spiral Dots I've got (I'm betting tip length is the important thing here) but the pair of small KZ Starlines I had spare from the CCA C10 (which I replaced with said Spiral Dots because the added driver weight kept pulling them out and I needed to wedge 'em in closer) work just as well as the Spinfits and sound better too. I'll have to experiment with the Spinfits on the couple other IEMs I've got, see how they fit/sound/yaddayadda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back