Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 26, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #22,276 of 33,689
Feb 26, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #22,277 of 33,689
Feb 26, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #22,281 of 33,689
The Tanchjim Oxygen in the black color variant. The overall sound is clean & detailed. Bass presentation is light with a tight & defined articulation. Midrange is imbued with a tinge of warmth. Vocals are clear with no signs of aggression. Treble is controlled & smooth with moderate sparkle and the extension is good. The soundstage has great width & depth. As its name suggests, music is like oxygen. Happy listening, as always! :)

I've got silver version, want this black one as well.... :frowning2: :)

Feb 26, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #22,282 of 33,689
no more earphones for me, i am not gonna be very useful in the forum from now on i know but i am done

Is the KP an endgame IEM for you or something?

Feb 26, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #22,283 of 33,689
Is the KP an endgame IEM for you or something?
i have a different perspective, i prefer to have a couple of earphones that sound different from each other but still overall with good technicalities, to have a choice depending on mood or music type, i don't chase some end game, i don't believe in it

Feb 26, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #22,284 of 33,689
I feel the Oxygen has a better sound than the KP too IMO. YMMV.

Also, just wrapped up my review of the Penon Draco, a limited edition 16 core silver cable with jade used in its components. Enjoy & Happy Listening! :)

How about KPE vs Nature sound ns-5 ???

You are the only one that has heard both i think, and i am suspicious about hese two having the same brand behind, based on the cable, tips and the driver tech.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #22,285 of 33,689
The Tanchjim Oxygen in the black color variant. The overall sound is clean & detailed. Bass presentation is light with a tight & defined articulation. Midrange is imbued with a tinge of warmth. Vocals are clear with no signs of aggression. Treble is controlled & smooth with moderate sparkle and the extension is good. The soundstage has great width & depth. As its name suggests, music is like oxygen. Happy listening, as always! :)

Full review coming soon? :)

Could you see anybody finding these "shrill sounding with emphasis on upper midrange and treble"? It seems like toranku here on Head-Fi is the only one that has anything bad to say about the sound so far.

Feb 26, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #22,286 of 33,689
BGVP DM6 VS TENHZ P4 PRO
-
Received a BGVP DM6 from a Brazilian colleague today. I lended my Moondrop kanas to him, and he lended his dm6 for me. If i like the dm6 and he likes the kanas, we would make a deal.

I spent the afternoon playing with the DM6 and did a A/B with my p4 pro.

20190226_124422.jpg

20190226_131720.jpg

OOTB the dm6 sounded decent, kinda hot on treble, doing better on older tracks than modern, i tought "this one may be the one". As my perfect would be a p4 pro with less harsher peaks on treble and better extension.

But after tip rolling for a lot of time, and comparing directly to the cheaper p4 pro. The DM6 wasn't able to do anything better than the kinda criticized p4 pro.

The first time i switched from p4 to them my impressions was - and they stood just like it: more recessed mids, thinner presentation and harsher treble on dm6.

The p4 pro fits better on my ears and are more comfortable also, the dm6 shell is bigger.

The mid range was not just more upfront, wich they aren't too much, btw, but it was clearer, center image is considerably better on p4 pro, with instruments sounding better separated and a lot less grainy. Everything sounds more precisely positioned on busy tracks.

Voices got more "dimensions" to it. More texture and feeling.

The dm6 gets a hotter treble, but it's not superior than p4 pro. Both are kinda harsh on hi hats, must be a peak somewhere. It takes a few minutes to get used, but none of the two offend me. The dm6 needs more time to settle on your ear.
The p4 pro are easier just untill a hi hat shake your brains and wake the **** out of you.

The p4 pro sound kinda dark when you compare to a very well extended IEM, the dm6 are hotter but cymbals and drum's on Take five by david brubeck sounded similarly receseed on both.

When i EQ the p4 pro i do -3 DB on 8k, 1.41q/ 7.5db on 10k 1.41q/ 8.5db on 15k 1.41q.

In that way they sound refined and super extended. It was what i was looking for in dm6 since the "hot" treble reports.

It wasn't what i got, the dm6 sound as or more vulgar than the original p4 pro on that part of the spectrum.

Bass seems about the same on both, really, really close. The dm6 can take eQ better than p4 pro as you all know. But the distortion thing on p4 pro is indistinguishable when listening to music. Both of them are warm and mid bass focused, but very even. They can go low as 20hz with a roll off at the end. A mid bass focused BA sounds anywhere like a mid bass focused DD. I love those bass BAs.

The dm6 may give the sense of a bigger soundstage but it's more of a brilliance illusion than a better stage.

Conclusion:

Having them as mutual references: The dm6 sounds like a V compared to p4 pro, wich is an L. The major thing however is the better technical ability of p4 mids, both of them are faulty on treble, in their way, and the bass on p4 pro OOTB sounds about identical to dm6.

80$ dolar less for a more refined earphone, i do find the p4 pro superior, especially considering value.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #22,287 of 33,689
I think thephonograph.net deserves some flak. Disabling the ability to copy text is one thing, but disabling right-clicking as a whole? That's just a whole new level of stupid. I always right click to open links in a new tab, and right-clicking in general is useful for a lot of things. What gives them the right (no pun intended) to disable right-click??? Like seriously, it's literally the most pointless decision ever LOL!

If it was a website featuring actual original and creative work (e.g. short stories, essays, paintings, etc.) then yeah I would understand, but for a relatively unknown audio review site, not only is this idiotic but also shows that the reviewers at thephonograph are insecure AF.

The funny thing is that nobody would even want to copy their work. They try so hard to write professionally, yet they still sound like English is their second language.

And often times their reviews are phrased quite condescendingly, saying stuff like "their mids are not very good, but would appeal to many average consumers", as if they think most consumers don't know sh!t about good sound quality.

The only reason I go on there is because they are often the first ones to get their hands on the latest chi-fi, but other than that, their site sucks. Period.

Feb 26, 2019 at 10:26 PM Post #22,288 of 33,689
I think thephonograph.net deserves some flak. Disabling the ability to copy text is one thing, but disabling right-clicking as a whole? That's just a whole new level of stupid. I always right click to open links in a new tab, and right-clicking in general is useful for a lot of things. What gives them the right (no pun intended) to disable right-click??? Like seriously, it's literally the most pointless decision ever LOL!

If it was a website featuring actual original and creative work (e.g. short stories, essays, paintings, etc.) then yeah I would understand, but for a relatively unknown audio review site, not only is this idiotic but also shows that the reviewers at thephonograph are insecure AF.

The funny thing is that nobody would even want to copy their work. They try so hard to write professionally, yet they still sound like English is their second language.

And often times their reviews are phrased quite condescendingly, saying stuff like "their mids are not very good, but would appeal to many average consumers", as if they think most consumers don't know sh!t about good sound quality.

The only reason I go on there is because they are often the first ones to get their hands on the latest chi-fi, but other than that, their site sucks. Period.

Eh, they’ve always pretty much came across to me as a shill site anyways.

Very generic cookie cutter reviews, that make vague statements that take up space but don’t really say much anything of substance.

But boy do they have coupon codes, banner ads, and affiliate links out the wazoo!

They do offer some value to the community though. They do get stuff early as you pointed out. And they do have nice photos and FR graphs that I’ve used from time to time. I also go there to grab coupon codes for newly-released gear every once in a while.

I eventually learned that if you simply wait a few more weeks, many sellers on Aliexpress are selling the IEMs at the same price or even below the coupon code price.

So now I honestly don’t even bother, because all I’m doing by using their coupon codes is lining their pockets with whatever seller kickbacks they are getting.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #22,289 of 33,689
I've got silver version, want this black one as well.... :frowning2: :)
:p

How about KPE vs Nature sound ns-5 ???

You are the only one that has heard both i think, and i am suspicious about hese two having the same brand behind, based on the cable, tips and the driver tech.
In brief, the NS-5 has a richer vocals presentation than the KPE with a full-bodied sound. Hope this helps. Cheers! :)

Full review coming soon? :)

Could you see anybody finding these "shrill sounding with emphasis on upper midrange and treble"? It seems like toranku here on Head-Fi is the only one that has anything bad to say about the sound so far.
Yea, full review coming soon. Not really from what I have tried so far!

Feb 26, 2019 at 11:48 PM Post #22,290 of 33,689
Eh, they’ve always pretty much came across to me as a shill site anyways.

Very generic cookie cutter reviews, that make vague statements that take up space but don’t really say much anything of substance.

But boy do they have coupon codes, banner ads, and affiliate links out the wazoo!

They do offer some value to the community though. They do get stuff early as you pointed out. And they do have nice photos and FR graphs that I’ve used from time to time. I also go there to grab coupon codes for newly-released gear every once in a while.

I eventually learned that if you simply wait a few more weeks, many sellers on Aliexpress are selling the IEMs at the same price or even below the coupon code price.

So now I honestly don’t even bother, because all I’m doing by using their coupon codes is lining their pockets with whatever seller kickbacks they are getting.

The phonograph does not offer anything w.r.t. soundstage, detail resolution etc... it is all bla bla...if you find it between pictures and ads. And all recent earphones have about the same score. They were better two years ago.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back