Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 24, 2018 at 7:30 PM Post #20,041 of 33,689
Anyone able to recommend me a good multi BA from Alie. Budget £100-150. Something that still has good sub bass. Prefer mids with a bit of body but not overly thick, good detail. Upper mids and treble non fatiguing but still detailed. Soundstage size not fussed although prefer more depth to width for rock harmonies. Vocals centre stage, forward even. Classic rock, modern pop/rnb.

Should add, I'll be pulling plug on BQEYZ BQ3 this weekend... in basket. Probably the KZ AS10 also.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #20,043 of 33,689
quite tempted to hop on the NiceHCK Black Friday deal, however CUPW strike means only DHL to Canada. I'll have to pay 27 USD + 28 USD for DHL + 15$ HST. Just ain't worth it for me at that price. Looking forward to impressions however.

Nov 24, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #20,044 of 33,689
Ha ha, Tim. You can stop pushing when the tips tickles your brain :wink:

Now I remember why I don’t wear tips that are flush with nozzle ends:rolling_eyes:
However I often tickle my drums with a Q-Tip (exactly what the doctor tells you not to do) So much for the college degree:smirk:

Nov 24, 2018 at 11:05 PM Post #20,045 of 33,689
You are a treasure to our community Otto! Thank you for being you, lol.
I thank you very much, but, unfortunately, not everybody shares your sentiments :). But, in the end, nothing is better than a good laugh:

"...Interestingly, the New Scientists recently commented on the London Heathrow Hi Fi Show, saying that among the cables selling for up to £30,000 for 6 metres, they found Quad demonstrating their latest speakers to great enthusiasm. The orange cable to the speakers looked oddly familiar. When asked about it, Tony Faulkner, the recording engineer demonstrating them (who'd used the speakers as monitors while recording Saint-Saen's complete works for piano & orchestra, Gramophone's Record of the Year), said of the cables:

"Yes, they would look familiar if you have a garden. Before the show opened we went over the road to the DIY superstore and bought one of those £20 extension leads that Black & Decker sells for electric hedge-cutters. They are made from good, thick copper wire, look nice and sound good to me. The show's been running for three days and no one in the audience has noticed..." - New Scientist Magazine

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2018 at 11:12 PM Post #20,046 of 33,689
got my ezaudio d4 yesterday--they're likeable but (sorry to be so contrarian on a lovely saturday) not the godhead the flock would have you believe. nice build, very comfortable; particularly good quality carrying case and isolation better than advertised. included tips are bad; changing to spinfits enhanced the mids considerably. soundwise, they have excellent layering and stereo separation; stage is fairly dimensional if not very large. u-shaped signature, with lean note texture; lowend is well articulated but not especially deep or throbbing; there's a considerable midbass focus which makes them slightly incoherent and less revealing than price peers like the adax or emi c800. my chief issue is the treble, which is somewhat underdone and lacking in sparkle--guitar strings and drums lack some snap and sound a tad lo-fi on these. (my test disc, by the way was the verlaines "you're just too obscure"--highly recommended nz pop). very reminiscent of the memt x5, and definitely worth the $8 tab, although i still prefer the kz ed9 or edr1, which sound more natural.
I recently pulled out the ED9 and find they lack dynamics and I cannot see any similarity between the D4 and the X5. Interesting how different people with differently shaped ears have different perceptions. Now I will have to pull out some Flying Nun bands, too.

Nov 24, 2018 at 11:36 PM Post #20,047 of 33,689
Okay are any other Canadians here getting extremely pissed off by the recent Canada Post strike? I had bought many things from AE (incl. three pairs of chi-fi) that should've all arrived by now, but because of this stupid strike I'm not receiving anything in my mailbox now.

I also recently found that 90% of all the items on AE now don't ship to Canada using ePacket or Standard Shipping, most likely because of the strike. Now it's either DHL which is extremely expensive, or the seller doesn't ship to Canada at all.

C'mon Canada Post, think about your customers......

giphy.gif

Nov 25, 2018 at 12:58 AM Post #20,048 of 33,689
Okay are any other Canadians here getting extremely pissed off by the recent Canada Post strike? I had bought many things from AE (incl. three pairs of chi-fi) that should've all arrived by now, but because of this stupid strike I'm not receiving anything in my mailbox now.

I also recently found that 90% of all the items on AE now don't ship to Canada using ePacket or Standard Shipping, most likely because of the strike. Now it's either DHL which is extremely expensive, or the seller doesn't ship to Canada at all.

C'mon Canada Post, think about your customers......

Yup, I have clear heatshrink tubing and two AE products which made it to Canada but due to the strike I havent received them yet, and its been weeks. A shame really because I paid a little extra for epacket which is then expedited when they touch ground in canada then no progress from there. Oh i'm a local with Otto haha

Nov 25, 2018 at 12:58 AM Post #20,049 of 33,689
Yup, I have clear heatshrink tubing and two AE products which made it to Canada but due to the strike I havent received them yet, and its been weeks. A shame really because I paid a little extra for epacket which is then expedited when they touch ground in canada then no progress from there. Oh i'm a local with Otto haha

+ REALLY looking forward to receiving my DM6

Nov 25, 2018 at 1:58 AM Post #20,050 of 33,689
Anyone able to recommend me a good multi BA from Alie. Budget £100-150. Something that still has good sub bass. Prefer mids with a bit of body but not overly thick, good detail. Upper mids and treble non fatiguing but still detailed. Soundstage size not fussed although prefer more depth to width for rock harmonies. Vocals centre stage, forward even. Classic rock, modern pop/rnb.

Should add, I'll be pulling plug on BQEYZ BQ3 this weekend... in basket. Probably the KZ AS10 also.

HQ6

Nov 25, 2018 at 6:12 AM Post #20,052 of 33,689
I'd like to post the updated version of BQEYZ earphones mini-guide. It was made by @Ellezhou. I hope this table will help some of us to make the correct choice.
10202671.png

Thank you, @Ellezhou !
What those dots represent? The quantity or quality?

Nov 25, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #20,055 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back